Prologue - The Interview

Enemies?

"Please, ladies, take a seat." The restaurant manager said. Krystal and Sulli followed his instructions and sat down, right opposite the manager. However, instead of asking any other questions, the manager blurted, "So, when can you two start work?"

"I... Err..." Sulli stammered. "Krystal, what do you think?" she whispered. She didn't expect that at all. The night before, Sulli googled all about interviews, and thought of all the questions that her interviewer would ask. She thought she was well prepared, but things just... didn't turn out as expected? It was her first time looking for a job, and she did not know what to expect at all. She was glad that Krystal came to the interview with her, or she would probably have fainted on the spot.

"Just to let you girls know, our company doesn't allow friends to work together. So the both of you would be working in two different outlets." the manager added. Upon hearing that, Sulli sulked a little. She was still hoping Krystal was able to work with her, she was extremely afraid of strangers, and well... She was very very shy.

"Well," Krystal started, "I don't think I want the job... You should go for it though."

"I... Uhm... I guess I could give it a try..." Sulli said reluctantly. It has been three weeks since she finished her final exams in high school, and her parents kept urging her to look for a job. She hated new environments, but she couldn't force Krystal to come along since she already said she didn't want to. Furthermore, she wanted to get rid of her shy nature. She wanted to learn about the working life. She wanted to start earning her own money.

"GREAT! Can you start work tomorrow? This is the address of the outlet you'll be going to, they'll be expecting you. Don't worry, the people there are all very nice, they'll take good care of you. You'd have to turn up in black pants and covered shoes, they'll explain everything else from there!" the manager was so excited that it scared Sulli a little.

"Okay... Err, thank you..." Sulli bit her lips.

"No, I should thank YOU!" The manager said before Sulli could say anythign else. After which he grabbed Sulli's hands and shook it again. Sulli was starting to feel a little uneasy, it kind of sounded like nobody wanted the job. Why was that so? She couldn't bring herself to ask any questions at all. She was still so nervous.

I hope everything will turn out fine... Sulli thought to herself and gave a huge sigh.