I like you. Please know that.

Distance

Chapter One

I Like You. Please Know That.


 

Say,

 

Have you ever like someone that probably doesn't know you're exist in this world?

 

Have you ever like someone that you think he's so far away to be reached by you?

 

Have you ever like someone that you never spoken to? not even a simple 'Hi'?

 

If you have, do you even think you have the slightest chance to be with him in real life?

 

The answer is 'I don't really know'.

 

 

I'm right, right?

I mean, You wouldn't know unless you're the one who make a move first or some miracle happens and making that person noticed you.

When I said it like that, doesn't it sounded so simple?

 

But trust me, if you have a big prestige, that 'make the first move' thing, will be the hardest thing that you ever did.

Like me.

 

 

 

I'm Krystal Jung. I'm 17 years old and a Korean-American. I just moved to Korea about two years ago and I am now in my senior year in high school.

 

To be honest, I'm the kind of person who everyone taught I don't know anything about feelings. They only think that I'm just that foreigner girl who's plain and accept things the way it is. Okay, Sure, maybe in the past I don't really know anything about feelings or love. Heck, I don't even care about those stuffs. Whenever I dated someone, I don't even know what my feelings actually are.

 

But now, thanks to that one person. I finally understands about it.

 

I understand about the feeling of liking someone that you can only laid eyes on. About the rush feeling that's inside you that's trying to make you ask him out. About how you wanted to smile everytime you see him smiling. About how your heart beat starting to loose control when he's near. I understand it all.

 

 

Cause right now, it happens to me.

 

 

 

 

It was that one usual day where I stormed out of the class after the school bell rings. It was actually time to go home but I had something more important to do rather than stayed at home and listened to ballad songs in my room. The thing is, I gotta finished my assignment for chemistry like a.s.a.p.

 

I walked to the nearest public library in my neighborhood since my school's library is in construction.

 

It wasn't that long until I have like two stacks of books on my desk. Yes, this chemistry assignment had to be perfect or else, I don't know what Mr. Cho would do to me. It's surprises me that a handsome teacher like that could even be that scary.

 

After two or three hours, my assignment finally finished. I scanned my papers, checking if there's anything wrong with it when I realized something...

 

"!"

 

I quickly covers my mouth and look at my surroundings. Everyone was staring at me, some even 'shh' me and some looked kinda affraid. I grin awkwardly and bowed while saying sorry at the same time. That was pretty embarrassing.

 

My eyes fell back at the 20 pages assignment in my hands. I leaned back and groan. How can I forgot about the theory of this subject? That was actually the most important thing for the assignment and I forgot about it! Stupid Krystal! At this kind of time, I would be sulking and banging my head to the table but since I'm in a public place, I need to behave.

 

"aish!"

 

I hissed as I stood up and search for another pile of books. I went to the second floor and headed towards the science section.

 

My finger traced on the books, searching for that one thick book. Unfortunately, I found the book, up there, on the highest shelf in the bookshelf. I tip-toed, trying to reached the book but my arms are just too short to reached it. I even jumped to get the book but it's no use. Then suddenly, a strong arm appear beside me and took that book, I turned around to see who it was, I felt like the whole world stops when my face was only inches away from his.

 

"Se.... -hun?"

 

He turned to me and raised an eyebrow. His face doesn't seemed to show any expression at all. I don't know why but, he looked so attractive and well, cool.

 

Oh Sehun. He's that person who changed me. who made me understood about this feelings I'm feeling right now. To me, Sehun probably the only guy that I think I can called 'normal' in my school. Somehow, everything about him attracts me. His looks, gesture, smile, face, and everything. He's the definition of perfect. No wonder the girls in school are head over heels for him, including me.

 

I blinked a couple of times when I felt his eyes staring at mine. I gulped as I felt my heart beating really fast. This was the first time I was this close to him, better yet, seeing him from not meters away. The first time ever I can say his name in front of him rather than behind his back. I sounded like the girls in my school who fangirling about him when I don't usually do that, but when you're this close to the person you like so much, you can't think about anything except that person, right?

 

"what... what are you doing here?" I asked still with the same position we had. He didn't answer, only glaring at me for a second before he took the book and handed over to me.

 

"Here"

 

"huh?" I looked down at the thick book in his hand. Completely forgot about the fact that this all started with this book. "ah that~" I scartched the back of my head awkwardly while my other free hand took the book. "Thanks Sehun" I looked up and put the sweetest smile on my face, hoping that he would smiled back but unfortunately, Sehun just slightly nodded with his typical blank face and walked passed me. 

 

When he walked pass by me, I feel like time is slowing down. With me standing still on my spot and glancing at his side face while he only walked straight without any care in the world. 

 

I stood still and looked down in disappointment. Another thing about Sehun is that...

 

He's too cold. Too unconcerned.

 

That's why I think he's so far for me to reached and he doesn't even know that 'Krystal Jung' probably exists in this world. I look back to see him walking and made his way downstairs without even looking back at me or anything. 

 

I sighed, leaning my back against the bookshelf. 

 

Liking someone like this sure is hard and hurtful, but then again, why is my feelings towards him still like this if I know that me and him would never be together? Why am I still hoping that somehow he could make that first move when he barely knows me? does this even important enough to think about? These are all the questions that pops in my head everytime I think about him, or looking at him from afar.

 

This were just too impossible for me.

 

 

 

 

For the umphtenth, I looked up only to see the guy who was seating 3 seats away from me. He was focusing on reading while his headsets are hanging around his neck. And again, this was my first time being this close with him, so it's no wonder that I can't focus on my assignment thanks to him.

 

My eyes travelled to the book he was reading, 'A Walk To Remember'. That's the book he was reading. It surprises me to know that he likes that kind of novel, and the best part, that was my favorite Nicholas Sparks novel of all time. I smiled a little at the taught that I had one thing in common with him. When my eyes went back to his face I saw him crunching his forehead, making his face looking a little 'what-the-heck' face. All of a sudden he closes the book and stood up, making his way to the librarian desk that was not that far from my seat. 

 

"excuse me"

 

The librarian looked up without fixing her glasses that was on the tip of her nose, "yes?" 

 

"Is there an old review about this book?" Sehun handed the book to the librarian which she gladly took it. 

 

She scanned the book, "A Walk To Remember huh?" she look back to Sehun again , "why don't you finished reading it and review it yourself?" she said with a little sarcasm in her voice. 

 

"I already read half of the story but I didn't quite get it" He said simply. 

 

HA-HA-HA-HA~ Why did I even think about Sehun liking that kind of novel? I mean come on, he's Oh Sehun. He's not going to like something that's heartbreaking and mellow like that. I cursed to myself. Thank god that I don't have any thoughts about going up to him and said that I like the book too. If I do, it would be embarrassing as hell. 

 

"well, there's no old review. The only option is to read it, try to understand the story and write that review yourself." I looked back to them, seeing the librarian handed back the book but Sehun didn't took it. 

 

"Is there any other way?" He said simply, again and I coud tell that his expression was expressionless.

 

The librarian eyed him and sighed, "How about asking the last person who read this book?" The librarian made it's way to her computer, she typed something that made the computer let out a beep sound, somehow I feel like I forgot about something, "according to my computer the last person who borrows this book is Krystal Jung."

 

That's right. I was just finished reading that book for the fourth time yesterday. The moment I heard the librarian said my name, my eyes widen and my heart started to beat so fast.

 

"that girl over there" The librarian pointed at me which made Sehun turned around and found me staring at him. I quickly averted my gaze and try to make myself busy with my assignment but failed, I ended up making myself look stupid with nudging the stack of books and made them fall to the floor. 

 

I looked up and found the librarian and Sehun looking at me. The librarian only shook her head meanwhile Sehun showed a blank face. I bit my bottom lip. How embarrassing was that? he must be thinking that I'm a klutz. I gathered all of the books when I saw a glance of Sehun talking to the librarian. Great. This was suppossed to be my one chance to finally talk to him and get to know him and now I've ruined it. 

 

I let out a heavy sigh and gather the books. Unexpectedly, a pair of hands helped me out and when I looked up, I gulped to see that it was Sehun.

 

He gathered some of the books and put it back on the table. I stood up, with my eyes still fixed on his movements.

 

"So.." he turned around and lifted his other hand that was holding 'A Walk To Remember' book, "do you know anything about this book? the story I mean?"

 

I smiled a little and nodded. And with that, I spent the whole afternoon with him.

 

I started blabbing about the book, telling him the story from A-Z in details. Meanwhile, he was listening to me the whole time, though I don't really know if he does get the story or not cause I can't really tell judging by his blank face, but I know he was listening.

 

And everytime I utterted a word to him, I feel like I wanted to say something else. Something that might get us having a conversation.

 

 

 

 

It was already late, the sun was starting to set and the library was almost closed.

 

We walked out of the library, I was holding my assignment papers and 2 books that I borrowed a while ago, meanwhile Sehun looked at the piece of paper in his hand, it's his review about the book. He smirked a little and turn to me.

 

"Thanks" He simply said. 

 

I nodded, "You're welcome".

 

We share a 5 seconds eye contact before he look back to the paper and the huge grin was plastered on his face.

 

I bit my bottom lip. Could we just stayed like that forever? Could I just share that eye contact for more than just 5 seconds? Could I just keep talking to you on and on so that you'll listen to me? Those actually just a freakin' small moments that only lasted a minute or so but to me it meant something.

 

I know this sounded so crazy and fangirling but I might marked today as my favorite day.

 

"Well" His voice making me snapped back to reality, "I better get going" He said after shoving the paper inside his bag, "thanks again Krystal" He said while ruffling my hair, somehow, I feel like his aura changes. He's more... warm, especially when he smiled like that. 

 

He walked to the opposite direction when he suddenly stops and turned back at me, the setting sun behind him doesn't fail to make him looking more attractive.

 

"careful on your way home Soojung"

 

I stared at him in disbelief and stood there frozen, the only thing I can feel is the wind that blows softly through my skin. Does he just called me by my Korean name? for all I know, the one who only knows it besides my family is Sulli, my best friend. He smiled a little when he saw my surprised face and continued walking with his hands inside his jeans pockets.

 

I watched him walked further and further. And with the distance I had with him now, the only words that I can say is..

 

 

"I like you"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

........................

How long until we call this love

Until you call this love

........................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N : annyeong! forgive me for being a failed author lol~ I was actually planning on making a KyuNa oneshot based on the moment that I saw LIVE IN FRONT OF MY EYES! lol :3 but this namja and yeoja just happens to make me into liking them... WHO ELSE SHIP THIS COUPLE? ever since SMTOWN Jakarta, I started to like Sehun and Krystal. Idk why but maybe because the two of them are so cute together and like they both match :3 anyway I know the story is a little off and BORING and not to mention, RUSHED! I just hope you guys enjoy it :3

 

Subscribe & Comment!