Picture Perfect Photoshoot

Dazzling Girlz || Apply Closed

 

After finishing their schedules in the recording studio they were off to a photo shoot, they were going to snap some promotional pictures for their official fan-café so fans could get a bit of an idea who the members really were.

“Alright, listen up girls cause we have a tight schedule!” the creative director clapped his hands together as the five of them had gathered on set in front of him, ready to get dressed and made up for the shoot. “We are going to do some concept shots, you will get dressed in your significant color and we’re going to take a few pictures of you as a group as well as solo.”

The girls listened carefully before being escorted to the dressing room where the stylists had already laid out their outfits for the photo shoot.

 Sooyeon was dressed in a beautiful sapphire strapless high-low dress that made her look like a goddess. Her hair was swiped to one side and pinned with a blue rose hair clip. Her eyes were decorate with light blue eye shadow and blue mascara. She wore a sapphire pendant and blue feather earrings and killer sparkling blue high heels. She embodied her jewel perfectly in this outfit.

Eunmi was wearing an asymmetric sun dress, her hair was tied up partially with a yellow flower clip to decorate it. Around her neck she wore a yellow pendant that resembled a jewel, her eye shadow was a  bright yellow and her lips were painted orange. She worse a braided bracelet around her left wrist, yellow nail polish and wore yellow pumps.

Jaeyeon was wearing a hip short ruby dress, with red suede high boots. Her hair was curled neatly with a red bow on either side, a ruby heart necklace around her neck and red feather earrings. Her lips were painted with a shimmering red gloss and faint red eye shadow.

Ae Jung got dressed in a nice emerald halter dress and green spiked pumps. Her hair was kept loose but decorated with a green feather clip. Light green shadow painted her eyes, dark sparkly green nail polish and a beautiful green emerald bracelet around her right wrist.

Finally Yoon Hee was dressed in a dress similar to Sooyeon, only colored purple. She was wearing sparkling purple pumps that had a little bow on them for extra decoration. Her hair was loosely braided on each side with a purple chiffon flower headband. She was wearing an amethyst pendant around her neck and purple leave earrings. Her lips were sparkling purple and her nails were painted purple as well.

Though these weren’t the outfits that were going to be used for their actual music video, these pictures served as a promotional concept so the netizens got to know a bit more about the girls as a group, as individual members and their designated jewel since that was their main concept.

The photographer started with individual shots, having a set ready for each girl to complement their theme, starting with Jaeyeon. She had some experience with modeling from her trainee days and posing and expressions came so naturally to her that it was no wonder the label assigned her as the main visual of the group. In these clothes she managed to look high fashioned and sophisticated as well as commercial and youthful.  Her movements in between every shot were so smooth that the other girls felt like they were watching a professional at work.

“Perfect!” the photographer cheered as he snapped photo after photo while the others crowded around the monitor with the creative director and some of the staff to watch the raw untouched pictures show up right after taking them.

“Waaaah! Look at those pictures!” Yoon Hee gasped, watching her unnie’s pictures show up, “Do they even need to be edited?”

“Mostly just a bit of extra shadow and maybe some wrinkles in the clothes but these pictures are very very impressive!” the director nodded.

“As expected, Jaeyeon-sshi has modeled before so she knows exactly what to do to capture her best sides.” Their manager nodded with a satisfied smile on her face.

“She didn’t even look nervous at all!” Ae Jung nodded, feeling the nerves herself.  

“Don’t worry, just relax and be yourself” the director told her. “And listen to my directions, I’m sure it’ll all work out.”

She nodded, taking a deep breath and watching Jaeyeon as she finished her last set of pictures before the photographer dismissed her and called for the next person while the staff changed the set a bit.

Still feeling nervous, Ae Jung made her way over onto the set for her own photo shoot, her long green dress draping after her as she did. Seeing Jaeyeon do so well with her pictures and receive so many compliments made her feel a bit more pressured to do her very best. Not really watching her steps, she managed to accidentally step on the front of her dress, pulling herself down and tripping onto the set as a slight gasp ran through the people watching her fall.

“Omo… AJ! Are you okay?” Sooyeon called over with a slight frown on her face, watching her member pull herself back up again while the other members muffled a giggle.

“Yup! I’m  A-OK!” she grinned, feeling slightly embarrassed as she gave them a quick thumbs up and lifted her dress, walking to her spot, a nervous look crossing her face as she spotted the camera.

“Just relax, take a deep breath,” the photographer told her, picking up on her nervous vibe. “Turn a bit to the left and place your right hand on your hip, tilt your head a bit towards the camera and smile with your eyes.”

“SHOW THEM YOUR EYESMILE AJ!!” Eunmi yelled, immediately covering and grinning slightly, not expecting her voice to carry so loudly on the set while the others gave her a slightly annoyed look.

Ae Jung on the other hand appreciated the bit of support from her members and followed the directions given to her by the director and the photographer, bluffing her way through her entire shoot as she felt more and more comfortable.

 After all the individual shoots the director started pairing them up for some group shots before the final all-together shot with some more decorations on set as well like a sofa and some crystal sky-hangers. They took a few serious shots as well as some goofy and bubbly ones to show off both their mature and girl sides, after which they finished their second schedule of the day, feeling rather accomplished of themselves.

“Congratulations girls! You’ve finished all your schedules for today with flying colors in my opinion!” Yura smiled brightly as the girls were back in their dressing room to get changed out of their clothes and clean the make-up off.

“That wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be, honestly.” Jaeyeon smiled, relieved that the day was over but at the same time excited for what their next schedule would be. She knew that these things were nothing compared to the packed schedules of fully active idols, this was just a way for them to get used to it and build up more and more as time went on.

“I know, I was expecting to feel more exhausted…” Eunmi nodded.

“How about we go out and celebrate your first official day of the countdown to your debut?” their manager then suggested which immediately drew the positive reactions from all the girls.

Seeing as they were focused on finishing their schedules they barely had any time to eat or drink other than some sips of water, which was something they had to get used to now that they were going to make their debut. So going out to eat and celebrate was a great idea.

 “I take that as a yes!” she grinned, walking back to the door. “You girls clean up and I’ll meet you outside by the car!”


And yet another chapter with another schedule finished! I'd say the girls are right on their way and prepared for their debut. I made an example of their photoshoot outfits on Polyvore so check them out for a bit of extra visual unless you can picture the outfits with your own imagination.

xx Dazzle

Sapphire concept
Topaz concept
Ruby concept
Emerald concept
Amethyst concept