Meeting with Soo Man

Dazzling Girlz || Apply Closed

 

Sapphire | Sooyeon | Mysterious Umma | 23 | Main Vocalist – Leader | Tao

Topaz | Eunmi | Otaku Girl | 22 | Main Rapper | Onew

Ruby | Jaeyeon | Gadget Freak | 21 | Main Visual | Lay

Emerald | Ae Jung | Clumsy Joker | 18 | Main Vocalist | Kai

Amethyst | Yoon Hee | Smiling Girl |  17 | Main Dancer – Maknae | Taemin


The girls had gathered on the top floor of the SM Entertainment building on this early Friday morning. Ever since they received the news that they had been promoted from normal trainees to trainees for a new girl group, they had often met up in front of the office of Lee Soo Man, hoping to hear about their debut but all they got told was that they were not ready yet. But since each of their profiles had been released on the official website and the name of their group, Dazzling Girlz, had been announced, they knew that their debut couldn’t be far away anymore. They have been training day and night for the past couple of months, more than usual, since they were overly motivated to finally show the world what they could do.

“Wanna bet we’re just going to be told to wait longer?” Jaeyeon sighed slightly, tapping her feet on the ground as they were waiting in front of the office doors.

“Think so?” Yoon Hee tilted her head slightly as she played with a strand of her hair, “They did do a lot of promotional stuff for us already…”

“Well, to be fair, they did spam all the fans with like a million teasers before they let EXO make their official debut…” Ae Jung noted to which the others nodded. True, before EXO made their official debuts with MAMA as EXO-K and EXO-M, they did release a lot of trailers for them. So many even that people were wondering if they were ever going to make their official debut at all.  Who was to say that SM wasn’t planning on doing the same with Dazzling Girlz?

“I wonder, once our debut comes around, will they make us change our hair colors?” Eunmi asked thoughtfully as she raised her eyes slightly, “Like extremely? To the colors of our jewels? That would be pretty boring in my case…”

“Isn’t that more of a YG thing though? Tiffany unnie’s red hair was already a big step but do you think they’d make us do that?” Ae Jung nodded.

“Probably not, though we can never be too sure about it…” Sooyeon nodded as well. “Maybe we get multicolored highlights instead? Or wigs?”

Yoon Hee gasped, “I don’t want purple hair! I like my hair the way it is!” she pouted slightly.

The office doors opened, startling the girls slightly as they did, a rather tall and unfamiliar woman walking out and smiling down at them.

“Dazzling Girlz, you may now come in,” she smiled at them as she turned aside and gestured them into the office.

One by one they got up, bowing politely as they passed her and bowing once more as they entered the office as their boss, Lee Soo Man was already waiting for them.

As soon as they were all in, the lady closed the doors again and Soo Man gestured all of them to take a seat around the round table. In front of each seat was a small folder with their logo printed on top of it, and the words “Debut Concept” written underneath. Immediately the girls felt more relieved, knowing that this was finally the meeting they had been waiting for.

“Welcome, did everyone manage to sleep okay last night?” Soo Man started casually to break the nervous atmosphere that had filled the room. The girls nodded silently.

Of course he understood that the girls were nervous about meeting like this, especially since a lot had happened for them already, not to mention that he knew that new idols such as themselves were usually slightly intimidated to be in his presence. He had experienced that with every group so far, though with time the tension had cleared.

“Well then, let’s get right to business, shall we?” he chuckled slightly before glancing over to the unfamiliar woman who had joined them. “First of all I would like to introduce you to Hwang Yu Ra, she will be working as your manager and taking care of you and your schedules. Please treat her kindly and follow her directions.”

“It’s nice to meet you girls,” she smiled as soon as he had introduced her and bowed her head politely.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” the girls greeted her back and mimicked her movement.

“I will give you girls some time to get to know each other later, but for now let’s focus on something even more important,” he nodded and pulled the file in front of him closer. “In front of you is your debut file. It holds all the information we have recently published to the media and will be putting up on your official fan café as well. Also you will find the concept of your debut described in detail, as well as the lyrics for your first single and a copy of your upcoming schedule starting Monday.”

The girls opened their files and started flipping the pages, scanning the information.

“Oh yes!” Yoon Hee exclaimed randomly which caused everyone else to glance up at her in surprise. “Eh, sorry… I’m just glad I don’t have to dye my hair purple…”

Soo Man chuckled, “Well, honestly we haven’t decided on that yet. Why, would you think that’d be too much?”

She blinked slightly before shaking her head, “A-ani… But I like my hair…”

“I’m sure we can work something out with that, the concept of your style has not been finalized aside from your assigned jewels and the idea of the music video,” Yu Ra explained with a soft smile.

Yoon Hee sighed softly and nodded before turning back to the file in front of her.

“As Dazzling Girlz you will follow the concept of sparkling jewelry girls. Your stage outfits will incorporate your designated gems at all times, whether it be color-coded outfits, make-up, hair styles or just shoes like in the concept promo,” Soo Man continued to explain. “Your first song is called Girlz Talk, it will be a cute and bubbly song but it’s been written by the same composer who wrote Into The New World, I’m sure you are going to enjoy the song as much as your fans will.”

“Girlz Talk?” Jaeyeon repeated and looked at the copy of the lyrics inside the file that already been color-coded to assign each of them a part to sing and rap.

“Yes, don’t you like the song title?” he turned to face the girl who immediately shrunk in her seat and shook her head. He chuckled and waved it off, “Relax, I am open to your girls’ opinions. After all, you need to be able to give it your all in order for you to make a dazzling debut, am I right?”

“Yes,” all of them nodded.

“Good, your schedules as far as choreograph training, studio recordings and the shooting of your music video have all been written down in your schedule. Don’t worry about it though, Yu Ra will make sure that you won’t miss any of them so let her worry about those things.”

“Never have I nor the idol I managed been late for a schedule,” she nodded proudly.

“Never?” Ae Jung looked at her, “That’s amazing! What other idols did you manage before us?”

She thought for a moment, “I have spent some time as the manager for individual members of both Girls Generation as Super Junior, and I started my manager career with DBSK at the time.”

“Woah, really?” Eunmi smiled widely as she looked at their new manager. “You were there when they were still together as a five-man group?”

“Indeed I was, I feel pretty lucky about that myself,” she giggled softly.

Lee Soo Man cleared his throat subtly which drew back their attention, as he closed the file, “Now then, I think we have discussed everything. Are there any further questions? Good, then I bid all of you good luck and don’t disappoint me,” he looked around at each of them for a moment. “You’re dismissed.”

As he stood up, the girls rose up from their seats as well and bowed politely, picking up their files on their way to the door and following their new manager out of the office.   



 

So, finally the first chapter of Dazzling Girlz!

The song that I have planned for their debut isn't actually a Korean song from origin. It's actually the song "Girls Talk" by JPOP group AKB48's sub-unit called "No3b". Though I guess the lyrics doesn't really matter in Korean, it's just so everyone has an idea as to what the song is and how it sounds. Just imagine it being Korean. The concept however is not going to be like the original song, but I will talk more about that when we get to that chapter.

I hope you enjoyed this!