Drawn from Reveries

Drawn from Reveries

 

YOONA:

 

The sound of bells ringing, the glorious sound of organ playing the ceremony melodies, the anticipation of people who love you, the white dress, the exchange of rings, the vows—for a romantic soul full of hope and belief in love, who wouldn’t want to get married?

 

I was supposed to get married.

 

Three years ago, I was about to marry Lee Howon, my beloved since we were kids. He was the best husband anyone could ever have. He was sweet, he was a gentleman, he was protective and he... he loved me. He loved me more than he loved anyone, even himself. And I wasn’t stupid to throw away a love like that. I loved him back. I gave him all the love back.

 

But there are loves that are not meant to be ended happily, right?

 

Three years ago, I was supposed to be happily married. I was supposed to be living with the person I loved more than anyone, even myself.

 

But three years ago, a few nights before our exchange of vows, a misfortune happened.

 

Howon... He... He got into a car accident. He was driving his car on the way home from a business meeting. Howon wasn’t the type to be rash when driving. He was always careful, always watching out for danger. Our friends would always compliment his driving—he was that good at it.

 

But sometimes, no matter how careful you are with things, no matter how good you are with it, bad things happen.

 

And the bad thing happened to him, my beloved, my Howon-ah.

 

I couldn’t believe what happened. Even as I saw his lifeless body on the bed, in that dull hospital, his mother crying and almost out of her mind with Howon’s father trying to calm her down although he couldn’t even calm down himself—everything was still ing unbelievable.

 

I shook my head in disbelief as my knees got weak. My heart clenched so bad that I couldn’t breathe. Breathing hurt me. Tears continued to flow and my eyes hurt, my vision blurred with tears, and I broke down, crying.

 

There Howon was, his pale face facing the ceiling, with closed eyes, closed lips, unmoving body.

 

Just the sight of it made me feel dizzy.

 

Howon’s mother ran up to me and hugged me. “Our Howon-ah...” She cried. We hugged each other, trying to hold on to each other, sobbing. “Our Howon-ah... Yoona-yah, our Howon-ah is...” She couldn’t say it. She sobbed some more.

 

It was as if someone was constantly piercing daggers through my heart.

 

I looked helplessly around us. I knew I looked pathetic. I looked hysteric. But what was I supposed to feel?

 

Everyone gave us sympathetic looks. No one wanted this.

 

Shaking, I stood up and ran to Howon, hugging his body.

 

“Howon-ah, say something! Howon-ah!!!” The sheets were messed up, stained with my tears as I hugged him. “Howon-ah, tell me that this is all a bad dream! Howon-ah, tell me you love me, Howon-ah, tell me you wouldn’t leave me!!! Howon, t-tell m-m-me...” The words were shaky, fragile.

 

“Howon, open your eyes...” I was pleading him, yet he remained unmoving.

 

I shook him hard, he had to wake up! He had to smile at me, tell me he was pretending to be asleep! I’d get mad at him for making me worry but I’d forgive him, I’d tell him I love him, I’d kiss him, I’d... I’d do anything, just please, wake up, Howon-ah...

 

But he wouldn’t budge.

 

Yuri, my best friend, went behind me and held my shoulders but I shook her off as she lightly pulled me away from my Howon. “Leave me alone! I need to talk to him! Can’t you see he’s...” I sobbed and wrapped my arms on Howon’s body once again. “Howon-ah... Please...”

 

Yuri started crying. I guess she couldn’t take seeing me like this. I was out of my mind. I was going crazy.

 

And it was a moment of silence. All we could hear were silent sobs.

 

But it was too much for me. I helplessly shook my head.

 

When the doctor came in, I attacked him saying, “Give me back Howon! Why isn’t he opening his eyes?!?! Give him back to me!!!”

 

A faint “I’m sorry” was all that he managed to say.

 

“Give him back!!! I want him back! He’s not... He still...” I cried out, I screamed, clutching my head tight, wanting to rip my hair off. And next thing I knew, I was lying on my bed.

 

Reliving everything that took place in the hospital, I cried again, if I could only grip my heart, stop it from being torn apart, I would, but...

 

Yuri went inside my room, carrying a tray of soup.

 

“Eat up.” She smiled at me.

 

I willed myself to smile back but my face only contorted more and my frown got deeper, tears flowed out.

 

Yuri hugged me. “Let it out, Yoong, let it out.” She patted my back lightly.

 

And no matter what optimism and kind words were said to me about what happened that night, nothing made me feel better.

 

Nothing would ease the burning pain in my heart.

 

Even now, as I think about it, I can’t help but shed the tears, let out the pain that will always be in my heart.

 

And now, I sit in front of a fancy mirror, a good friend of mine fixing my hair, getting me ready for my wedding.

 

Yes, after that dreadful night three years ago, again, I am trying my luck for love because maybe, just maybe, Howon would be happy seeing me with someone who is capable of taking care of me.

 

Maybe he would be happy seeing me being loved and protected.

 

And the man that I chose to give myself to is Kim Sunggyu. Sunggyu’s family is a family friend of Howon’s family.

 

When Howon’s mother knew that Sunggyu and I were getting along well, she was so happy for us. Sunggyu was like his own son and she was happy that I was getting married with Sunggyu.

 

“It’s like seeing my daughter finally get married.” She started crying and hugged me. “Be happy, Yoona-yah. I’ll be happy if you are. And Howon would be happy seeing you move on and be happy, too.”

 

Tears started welling in my eyes at the mention of Howon’s name.

 

And that time, we silently cried both of happiness and sorrow—of happiness because I’m getting married; of sorrow because we both knew that Howon would always be in our hearts but he would never come back.

 

I am on my way to the wedding venue and I keep on spacing out, remembering Howon every now and then.

 

Howon-ah, if you were only here, we’d be happy forever.

 

Sometimes, I can’t help but regret. I regret agreeing to be Kim Sunggyu’s fiance. Sunggyu is my good friend. I love him, I do... But only as a friend. I can never love him like I loved Howon.

 

I can never love again like I loved Howon.

 

I shut my eyes tight.

 

Howon-ah? Do you hear me? I still love you...

 

The car halts and I am queued to get out of the car. Gripping the bouquet of flowers in my hands, I step out of the car. My heart is thumping loudly as I take a step closer to the altar.

 

He is there. Sunggyu is there, smiling at me, looking at me as if I am the most gorgeous woman in the world.

 

I can’t look straight at him. At the back of my mind, I know that this is wrong... All too wrong.

 

It’s wrong that I’m marrying him because I need someone to hold on to—someone to love me, someone to fix me because I’m so broken.

 

And the sound of bells, the sound of happy melodies, the happy cheers all seem to stop.

 

Everything is just a blur of voices. Everything is a blur of colors. Everything is a blur of mistakes.

 

And I accidentally drop the bouquet. I find my feet unable to move.

 

Everyone looks at me with confusion on their faces. Even Howon’s mom, who is among the crowd, is confused.

 

Getting out of breath, I shake my head pathetically. Tears forming in my eyes. “I...” I start to cry. “I’m so sorry...!” I bow down as tears continuously flow.  “I’m so sorry, Sunggyu-yah...” I say shakily.

 

And before I break down, I ran away from the place, catching a taxi, crying inside.

 

And again, my dream of getting married was no more than just a dream.

 

Perhaps love is no longer for me, after all.

 

I guess my love died with you, Howon-ah...

 

But I’ll get on with life. I’ll live, Howon-ah. Watch over me and see become a person you’ll be proud of.

 

____________________________

 

[A year later]

 

“Yoona-yah, over here!” I hear a co-worker call me from behind.

 

“Ah, Taeyeon sunbae-nim, annyeong!” I smile.

 

“Mianhae, Yoona-yah. There’s somewhere I need to go to so...” She gives me an apologetic look.

 

“You want me to bring something to someone?” I laugh as she gives a surprise look.

 

“Omo, how did you know? Will you? Please?”

 

I nod lightly as she thanks me.

 

I walk towards the address that Taeyeon sunbae-nim gave me.

 

I’ve never been to this side of the city before. Well, I don’t go out much so it’s expected.

 

I arrive at the address. It’s a studio—a dance studio. I peek by the door, opening the door slightly.

 

Suddenly, the door snaps open, surprising me. A man walks by me, laughing along with another man.

 

In the split seconds that our eyes meet, I find myself unable to move.

 

My eyes follow his form, my heart giving that familiar thumping feeling.

 

Someone shakes me lightly and I am forced to look at the person in front of me. “You must be Yoona-sshi. I’m Taeyeon’s brother, Kibum. Thanks for bringing me my bag!” His smile is very bright. I smile back at him, bow down, and without any other words, I ran off to where I think the man I saw earlier went to.

 

I don’t know why I’m being desperate like this just to see someone I don’t even know—someone that I didn’t even get to see the face clearly.

 

But something about that person made me want to follow him. It’s like he’s calling me.

 

And as if it is fate, I find him sitting in a bench, his head facing the sky, hands in his pockets.

 

I sit by him and lightly poke his arm.

 

He jumps in surprise.

 

Seeing his face clearly I suddenly remember what made me come to him.

 

My heart remembered.

 

“Are you, by any chance, Lee Howon?” I ask directly, hoping for a positive answer.

 

He gives a surprised look. “E-excuse me?”

 

“You’re Lee Howon, right?” It must be him. He’s Lee Howon! That face, those eyes, those lips, even those hands! They’re all Howon’s.

 

“Miss, you must be mistaking me for someone else.” He gets up to leave.

 

My heart sank in disappointment. “You’re not Howon-ah?”

 

“I’m not, I’m sorry.”

 

Oh. He’s not my Howon...

 

“I... I’m sorry, too...” I look down sadly. Why do I keep forgetting that he’s gone?

 

Why do I still pretend that he’ll come back?

 

I must have looked so pitiful because he suddenly stopped in his tracks.

 

A handkerchief is suddenly in front of me. Oh, I’m crying... I didn’t notice...

 

I took the handkerchief. “Th-thank you. I just...” And once again, my tears won’t stop falling. “It’s just that you look so much like him...”

 

He doesn’t answer.

 

I hear him sigh.

 

“I’m really sorry but I’m not who you’re looking for.” He steps back. “I’ll be going. You can keep the hanky.” Staring at me for a while, he says, “I hope you find who you’re looking for.” He turns his back away from me.

 

“I’ll never be able to find him.” I say sadly.

 

He stops once more.

 

“He’s dead.” I say bluntly but with voice sounding broken.

 

As if hearing nothing, he walks ahead.

 

What’s weird is that I find myself walking beside him. “I was supposed to get married.”

 

He continues walking, probably not caring about my sorrow stories.

 

“Lee Howon was my fiance.” I sigh. “But a few nights before our wedding...” I wipe my tears. “I was supposed to get married...” I sobbed again. “I was supposed to get married but...” I keep repeating the words.

 

Really, Yoona, haven’t you gotten over it yet?

 

We keep walking silently.

 

“I was supposed to get married twice, you know.” I say.

 

I see him raise an eyebrow.

 

“Three years after the accident, I was about to marry Sunggyu. He loves me. He loves me so much, I could feel it.” I give out a deep sigh. “And I feel guilty because of it. He loves me but I can’t give the love back.” I gulp. “So the day that we’re about to get married, I ran away.”

 

He stops walking. “You ran away?”

 

I nod.

 

“But—“

 

“Because I don’t love him.” I looked at the sky. “Because there’s this one person in my heart. And I can’t forget about him. I love only him.”

 

I probably sound so mushy right now but I don’t care. It had been a long time since I last talked about weddings.

 

Smiling, I look at him. “Can I see you again tomorrow?”

 

____________________________

 

And I went to him, day after day.

 

Today, I prepared spicy crab. He must like spicy crab. Howon-ah likes spicy crab. This man who looks like Howon-ah must like spicy crab, too.

 

I wait patiently at the same bench where we met.

 

He finally appears, giving me a warm smile.

 

These days that we’ve been seeing each other, we grew very close and comfortable with each other.

 

“I brought spicy crab!”

 

He freezes.

 

I opened the lunchbox. “Eat up, it’s your favorite, Howon-ah!”

 

He frowns.

 

“I don’t eat crab.” He says coldly.

 

“But it’s your favorite! I learned how to cook spicy crab perfectly for you!” I giggle.

 

“I told you that I’m not HIM!” He snaps angrily, grabbing the lunchbox and throwing it on the ground.

 

I am shocked. I can’t move.

 

“And my name is Hoya! Not Howon, you hear?!” He shouts.

 

He glares at me with his intense eyes.

 

“I...” Before I knew it, tears were falling from my eyes. He’s not Howon... He’s not your beloved, Yoona-yah...

 

He suddenly looks gently at me. “I-I’m sorry...” He brings his hands on the sides of my face and wipes my tears. “Please don’t cry... I don’t like seeing you crying...” His voice sounds like it’s pleading.

 

But his actions only make me cry more.

 

Then, I am suddenly enveloped in a hug.

 

“I’m allergic to crabs. So if you’re going to cook food, please don’t bring crabs.” I hear his gentle, soothing voice.

 

I nod. “Sorry.”

 

“I like chicken, though.”

 

I nod again.

 

____________________________

 

HOYA:

 

I hug her tighter. I didn’t mean to snap at her furiously. It’s just that I hate it when she thinks that I’m her former lover.

 

I’m Hoya, her former lover is Howon. There’s a difference.

 

There’s nothing going on between us but I want her to see me as me—not as a mirror image of someone who is already gone.

 

“I like chicken, though.” I say. I want her to know about me.

 

I feel her nod and it makes me feel better.

 

I face her again, smiling. “I’m sorry for shouting at you.”

 

She smiles back. I love her smile. It makes me feel at ease. “It’s my fault, I’m sorry.”

 

She goes to the messed up food. I help her clean it up.

 

“Do you want to eat at a restaurant, instead?” I suggested.

 

____________________________

 

We started going out on friendly dates.

 

Today, we’re inside a cafe, our table beside a glass window.

 

She quietly sips on her hot chocolate. I lean forward and smile at her. “What are you thinking of, Yoong?”

 

She looks at me in surprise. It seems that I broke her train of thoughts.

 

“N-nothing... It’s...”

 

“C’mon, you can tell me.” I want to know everything about her.

 

She puts down her cup. She hesitantly opens .

 

By the looks of her, it seems that she’s thinking of something woeful.

 

“Is it about... H-Howon?”

 

Her eyebrows knit together, her lips forming a sad frown.

 

“Tell me about him.” You love him, right? He has your heart, right? I want to know about him. I want to know about a piece of you.

 

“I love him.” She looks down at the table.

 

I sigh. I know. I know that you love him.

 

“I love him so much.” She started crying. “I miss him so much.”

 

“There’s this saying that goes like, ‘let go of the things that make you cry. Only then will you be happy.’ You can find a new love, you know.” Let go of him, Yoong... Because I’m...

 

“But I can’t!” She says in frustration. “I can’t ever love again like I loved him. I can love only him.” She wipes her tears.

 

I keep quiet as she pours her heart out.

 

I sigh. Lee Howon, whoever you are, I envy you. This woman, this beautiful woman in front of me says she’ll love only you.

 

I envy you for having this woman’s heart. This woman will keep you forever in her heart.

 

I am so jealous.

 

As if on cue, the rain starts pouring slowly, as if wanting to quench the poor lady’s heart.

 

But... what about my heart?

 

____________________________

 

“Aside from the fact that he likes spicy crab, can you tell me more about... err...” We are in my apartment, chatting after watching a movie.

 

“About Howon-ah?” She tilts her head.

 

I nod.

 

“Why would you want to know about him?” She laughs.

 

I shrug. I don’t know myself. Perhaps... Perhaps I want to be like him?

 

Really, Lee Howon, what did you do to get this woman’s heart...?

 

“Well, lemme see...” She thinks hard. “Howon-ah liked his coffee sweet.”

 

I frown. I don’t like my coffee sweet I like it bitter.

 

“He likes the color white.”

 

White? White is okay but I prefer purple.

 

“He’s good at driving.”

 

I don’t even have a driver’s license.

 

“He’s really sweet.”

 

I can be sweet, too, you know.

 

“When we fight, he’d hug me and kiss me...”

 

Images of Yoona kissing a man makes my heart suddenly feel like it’s getting squeezed.

 

She looks at me.

 

“Don’t get mad at me, okay?” She stares at me with her mesmerizing eyes.

 

Her hands reach out to my cheeks. She moves her head closer to mine. “But you look a lot like him.”

 

It feels like she’s studying me. “Your skin, your nose, eyes, lips...” For a moment I thought she was going to kiss me. “Height, arms, even the texture of your hair.”

 

My heart thumps like crazy.

 

And I can’t take it anymore.

 

I grab her hands and pinned them on the floor.

 

Before I knew it, I was kissing her hard.

 

I carry her to my room, and pretty soon, we’re making love.

 

After the intense love making, she falls asleep in my arms.

 

I watch her sleeping form. Yoona-yah... When we were making love, who do you see? Me or him?

 

When you moan, who do you feel, Howon or me, Hoya?

 

I close my eyes in pain, in hurt, in confusion.

 

____________________________

 

We are officially in a relationship.

 

“Hoya, tomorrow’s our 200th day since we’ve been in a relationship. Let’s invite Yuri, jagiya!” I nod.

 

“But before that, are you up to some bed time action?”

 

And our relationship is like that. I’m happy being with her. I hope that she’s happy, too.

 

____________________________

 

She goes out, saying she badly needs to go somewhere.

 

I kiss her goodbye as she leaves my apartment.

 

One of my friends calls, inviting me to a friend’s party.

 

On my way to my friend’s house, I see Yoona dressed in white. Curious, I follow her.

 

She’s heading to a cemetery! There, she cries, laying down white flowers on a tomb.

 

Oh. I bite my lips. It’s Howon’s tomb.

 

For some reasons, I feel so angry. She can’t forget him, after all.

 

I go back to my apartment, slamming the door, immediately dialing Yoona’s number.

 

“Come back this instant. This ing instant!” I yell.

 

As soon as she opens the door, I pulled her roughly by the wrist. “It’s still him, huh?”

 

“What?” She says, confused.

 

“You went to Howon’s tomb because you still love him!”

 

“What are you saying?!”

 

“I saw you!”

 

“I went there because it’s his death anniversary!”

 

“Then, don’t ever go there anymore!”

 

“That’s stupid!”

 

“I don’t understand why you still have to go there!”

 

“What’s so wrong about it?!” Yoona yells in an equally frustrated tone.

 

I grip my head and hiss in anger.

 

After a moment of silence, I whispered, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. “Let’s break up.”

 

She stares at me in shock.

 

“I can’t keep going on like this. I don’t want to keep being a replacement for someone who looks like me!  I want you to love me!”

 

“I do love you, Hoya!”

 

“You’re saying that because I look like him. It hurts, Yoona, it hurts how you can’t even let him go.” I calmly said, tears finally falling down.

 

“You’ve got it all wrong, Hoya—“

 

“Let’s break up.” I refuse to look at her.

 

I can hear her sobs, her silent cries—but I won’t budge. I won’t take back what I just said.

 

“Is that really what you want?!”

 

I keep silent.

 

“Answer me!!! Is that what you want?!”

 

When I didn’t answer, she threw her bag at me but missed.

 

“Then, goodbye, Lee Hoya! I was so... So happy being with you...” She cries, all her anger suddenly gone, replaced by fragile words...

 

Ah, this is for the best, right?

 

____________________________

 

Yuri, Yoona’s best friend, calls me three months after I broke up with Yoona.

 

We’re meeting in a cafe near my apartment.

 

“You’re a jerk, you know.”

 

I just stare at the window. “I don’t care.”

 

She scoffs in disbelief. “How can you—“ She hisses. “Listen,” She looks at me seriously. “I know you might not care but...”

 

She starts to cry. “Our Yoongie’s getting married in a month.”

 

I hope she doesn’t notice how my eyes narrowed at that statement. “Good, it seems that she really wants to get married. It’s every romantic heart’s dream.”

 

“She keeps on saying that love’s not for her—that maybe it would be better after all to marry someone who could love her; that she’d learn to love someone back given enough time and all that !”

 

My ears irks at Yuri’s words. She doesn’t seem to be the type to curse.

 

“You’re telling me this because...?”
 

“You love her! Lee Hoya, she loves you, too, so maybe... maybe you could do something about it!”

 

“I’m sorry.” I’m about to get up but she pulls me to sit down again.

 

“So it’s alright with you? It’s alright if Yoona marries someone else?”

 

“She’ll be fine.”

 

“That’s what she says, too!”

 

“I’m out of here.” I stand up, leaving.

 

I hear her following me. When I turned around to face her, she threw something at me.

 

“I can’t believe you! Maybe it’s better if Yoong marries Sunggyu after all! Sunggyu loves her with all his heart and he’ll protect Yoong no matter what! He wouldn’t make her cry, he’d love her! He’d fight for her!” Yuri cries, sobbing heavily.

 

Yoona’s marrying Sunggyu? The one that she was about to marry before?

 

____________________________

 

“Today’s her wedding, you might want to come.”

 

“Why would I—“ I hear a continuous beep. Yuri just hung up on me.

 

I sigh. I kick the wall in front of me, letting the frustrations out.

 

I’ll be fine without her, right?

 

No. No, I’m nowhere near fine! I’m going crazy!

 

Yuri says that that Sunggyu who she’s marrying loves her?! That he’d make her happy? That he’d love her?!

 

I can do all of those! I can love her even if she can’t love me back!

 

Now that I think about it, Sunggyu and I are the same. We’re both not loved by Yoona. We’re the only ones in love with her. The only difference is that Sunggyu is willing to be with her even if he knows she doesn’t love him.

 

Kicking everything in anger, I accidentally kick something—it was what Yuri threw on me a month ago.

 

I look at it closely. It’s a book.

 

I open it. My eyes widen at what is inside. It’s a diary! Yoona’s diary!

 

It started at a date almost five years ago. It says:

 

Howon-ah,

 

It’s been a month since you left me... I miss you...

 

I can’t bear living without you...

 

And all sad things about parting.

 

After a few pages, there’s a huge time skip. The next entries were written three years after the last ones.

 

Howon-ah,

 

I’m getting married to Sunggyu... What do you think? Is this right?

 

The next page goes like this:

 

Howon-ah,

 

I ran away. I don’t love him. I can’t. I want only you...

 

Again, there’s a huge time skip.

 

The next entries were written a year after the last.

 

Howon-ah,

 

I met a man. He looks just like you. Is he you? Is he your relative?

 

Is he, like, your reincarnation? I know it’s silly, but...

 

XXXXX

 

Howon-ah,

 

That man is not like you at all. He’s allergic to crabs! But I especially prepared it for him...

 

I know that it’s wrong for me to treat him as... as you...

 

I’m living in this fantasy that he’s you—that you’re back. It’s like I’m turning him into you...

 

Tch. She can’t even write my name. I flip a few more pages and find this:

 

Howon-ah,

 

Today, Hoya and I made love...

 

Is it wrong?

 

Howon-ah... I...

 

XXXXX

 

Howon-ah,

 

I love him. I love Hoya. You don’t mind, right?

 

I love him as he is. It’s okay with you, right?

 

I’m happy with him. As happy as I was with you... It’s a different feeling yet so alike.

 

XXXXX

 

Howon-ah,

 

Can I come to you of these days? I want to personally tell you things about Hoya.

 

These pages are not enough; there are so many things I want to talk to you about.

 

You see...

 

I’m in love with Lee Hoya.

 

What the hell?!

 

What did I just read?!

 

Reading the last entry, a page stained with what looked like tears, I felt guilt and remorse.

 

Howon-ah,

 

He broke up with me...

 

It hurts, Howon-ah... Just when I was moving on...

 

Howon-ah, remember when I went to your tomb to tell you things about him?

 

That was the day the he broke up with me.

 

Reading the last words, I come to my senses. He went to Howon to tell him about me...?

 

It was because of me that she went there and yet I...

 

For a few minutes, I just sat, contemplating.

 

But I should be doing something! Aish, I’m so stupid!!!

 

I stand up, grabbing my phone searching for the address that Yuri sent me, and rode a taxi.

 

I arrive at the venue.

 

Running inside, I see Yoona in a beautiful white dress, sweet melodies being played, cheers being spoken.

 

As she walked slowly, I run up to her.

 

I hug her from behind.

 

I hear people gasp. The music suddenly stops.

 

“Come back to me.” I whisper.

 

I can sense Yoona’s shock.

 

“Hoya?”
 

She spins around and faces me. “Hoya!” She smiles.

 

I smile back at her. Not caring about the people around us, I kiss her. She drops her bouquet of flowers and wraps her arms around my neck.

 

Pulling back, I led her towards her supposed-to-be groom.

 

“Sunggyu-sshi.” I smile apologetically at him. Surprisingly, he smiles back! “I’ll be taking Yoona.”

 

Without any more words, he nods, “I understand.” He takes Yoona’s hands and say, “Be happy, Yoona-yah. You deserve it.”

 

Yoona breaks out crying. She wraps her arms around him. “Thank you so much, Sunggyu-yah. I’m so sorry...”

 

As we walk outside, everyone is still frozen.

 

One old lady runs up to us. “Yoona-yah!”

 

“Oh, Auntie!” She looks at me. “Hoya, this is Howon’s mother. Auntie, this is Hoya.”

 

The lady looks at me and smiles. “Yoona, I’m happy for you!” She hugs Yoona. She turns to me. “Hoya-sshi, please take care of our Yoongie.”

 

I smile at her.

 

The lady suddenly cries. “You’ll be happy, Yoona. You will.”

 

“Thank you.” And they hug each other before I take Yoona, this time, forever.

 

____________________________

 

Meanwhile, everyone in the wedding venue is still in shock.

 

“D-did I just see Howon?”

 

“But it looks so much like Howon!”

 

A gentle voice interrupts them.

 

“Everyone, the wedding today is cancelled.” Sunggyu says coolly, as if he’s just cancelling a business meeting. “Now excuse me, I need to go... somewhere...”

 

He coolly exits.

 

He goes inside a car and sits at the back.

 

There’s a driver at the front.

 

“You’re okay with it?” The person at the front says.

 

“I love her. I want her to be happy.” Sunggyu suppresses the tears that had been threatening to fall since Yoona decided to leave.

 

“You, Kim Sunggyu, are too nice.”

 

Sunggyu gives his friend a broken smile.

 

“Woohyun, you wanna drink tonight?”

 

Woohyun smiles.

 

Ah,  love.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

End

 

A/N: Aww... Isn’t Sunggyu too sweet? Come to me, instead, Gyujiji!!! ><

 

Hope you liked it!