Breaking up?

As Time Goes By~

Donghae, again, is walking through the corridor walking towards a room for vocal training. Today will be the last day for him for training. When he went inside, he saw a few boys, who will be in the same group as him, are already inside. 

"Siwon-sshi!" Donghae called his best friend, Siwon.

Siwon looked up from the music sheet, "Yes? You called me?" then Donghae nodded. Siwon walked to him. 

"Siwon-sshi, I need to fix something first. If manager hyung came here, please tell him I might be late. It's important, so I gotta go now. Just tell him that." 

Siwon nodded, "Okay, sure. Don't be long!" 

"Thanks Choi! See you later!" then he left. 

 

Donghae had been thinking about this the whole day yesterday. He had decided a thing, a thing that might brake his girlfriend's heart. But this is also for the best.

Donghae dialed Jessica's number. In a few second, she answered.. 

"Hi oppa! What happen?" 

"Princess, are you busy right now? I need to see you now. My training will start in a few minutes."

"Oh, no. I'm not.. Where should we meet?"

"Umm.. at room 43, is it okay? Hurry okay." 

"Alright, see you there!" then they hung up. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Taeyeon-sshi! I need to go somewhere first. I'll be right back okay? Please tell manager oppa." Jessica stood from her seat as she called her friend, Taeyeon. 

"Where are you going unnie?" Sica's best friend, Yoona asked. 

"I need to see Donghae for awhile. He called me awhile ago and said that I should meet him since it's important." Sica explained. 

Taeyeon and Yoona nodded. "Well, you better go now, unnie! Don't worry, we'll tell manager oppa that you need to fix something." Yoona said while smiling.

"Yeah, just don't take a long time, Sica!" Taeyeon reminded. 

"Alright, see you girls later! And thanks!" she ran out from the room. 


When Jessica entered room 43, Donghae was already waiting inside. He is facing the window, so he face Sica with his back. 

"O-oppa?" Jessica called, rather nervous. 

Donghae turned around and smiled at her. But she noticed it isn't the smile she's expecting.. He will show his cheerful and dorky smile, but now, it's different. More of like.......... a sad smile. 

"Oppa, are you okay? Why did you call me here?" 

"I'm sorry if I bothered you. But I need to say something to you." 

"No, it's fine. My training hasn't start anyway. But it will start in a few minutes. What do you want to tell me?" 

There's a long pause, and an uncomfortable silence. Donghae walked slowly towards Jessica, holding his tears. When they are so close, he spread his arms around her and hugged her tightly. Jessica was very surprised at his sudden action, but she still hugged back. 

"Oppa, tell me. What is wrong? Did you think of your dad again?" Jessica asked. 

Donghae couldn't hold his tears again. He cried silently. Well, it's true that he is thinking of his dad, still couldn't believe his dad had passed away. But there's another thing that made him cry and brake his heart to pieces. 

"Cry Donghae. Just cry. I know you are crying silently.. Didn't I tell you that crying is the best way to express your feelings?" 

Donghae broke the hug and faced her. Jessica took her hands and place it at his wet cheeks, drying his tears that are overflowing. 

"I am being a crybaby, I know." he said while chuckling a bit. 

"You ARE a crybaby! You are very easy to cry you know that!" Sica teased while she stuck her tongue out. 

"YAH!" Donghae complained. 

Jessica laughed. "Kidding, Hae~ just kidding." 

"Nah. I know I am a crybaby, my parents said that too." he chuckled again. 

"So, what is this thing you wanted to talk to me about?" she asked again. 

Donghae's smile faded. He didn't realize he was there, at that place to tell everything to Jessica. "Oh. That." 

Jessica stared at him, waiting for an answer. So Donghae started again, "Sica. What I really wanted to tell you is heart-braking. I know you will hate me after this." 

"Just spit it out." Jessica said sharply, getting more and more impatient. "Hae, I need to go back to training right now. I promised Taeyeon and Yoona I won't take long. And I believe your training has already started right?" 

Donghae knew Jessica is getting impatient, but he just couldn't say what he should say. 

"Jess... I....." he took a deep breath. "I think we should brake up." he said the next sentence fast. 

Jessica's eyes widened. "WHAT? You're joking again aren't you?" 

He sounded serious again, "No I am not." he looked at her straight at the eyes. "I'm not. Jessica, ever since my dad's departure, I've been thinking about this. I promised my dad, and to my family too, that I will perform my best. You said that too right, that I should perform maximum? In my debut and of course for other performances." 

Jessica just stayed silent. Donghae continued, "I'm afraid that when I have a girlfriend around me, I can't focus on my career, I will only focus on her. I'm sorry to say this Jessica. But we should really break up. Besides my opinion, it's the rule in SM entertainment. No dating, remember? Manager hyung talked to me about it yesterday, that I should break up with you since he knows I'm dating you. The entertainment is afraid that when fans know their artists are dating someone, fans will hate the person who dates the artist."

"In this case, you and me. Jung Jessica and Lee Donghae. I'm also afraid that when they know we are dating, they will make scandals and surely they will hate you. And I'm sure SMent won't like it. You understand me, right? Sica?" 

Jessica is already crying. "Yes. I understand." her voice cracked. 

Donghae also had tears again in his both eyes. He loved Jessica too much, that letting her go is unbearable. "Sica, you know I love you. I love you so much, that I don't even want to break up with you. But even if I didn't ask you to break up, someday we will, since we will debut. This is the rule. I also want to focus on my career first. Please don't get mad at me, okay?" he wiped Jessica's tears. 

She faked a smile, "I'm not mad. It's okay. I understand that you want to focus on your career, this has been your dream, and of course your dad's too right? I'm sure he will watch your debut performance tomorrow from up there." 

"I'm sure he will. But, will you come and see me too?" he asked.

"I- I don't know. Maybe trainees can't come, but we'll see tomorrow." she avoided his gaze. "I gotta go now. Manager oppa must be pretty mad at me for taking so long. You too okay? Go back to training, and good luck for tomorrow!" 

Just as Jessica turned back and take a step, Donghae grab her wrist. "Sica... Please. Don't be mad at me. Okay?" 

Jessica's tears flow again and she faced him now, "I told you I'm not--" 

her sentence was cut by a kiss on her lips. Donghae had kissed her. 

When they broke apart, "Just do remember that I will always love you, Jung Jessica. And maybe, believe that we can be together someday." Hae said with a sad voice. 

Jessica simply nod slightly. "Good luck for tomorrow." she said quickly and ran out the room. 

At the corridor, she continued to cry. She feels like she doesn't want to go to the training but she's sure that she will be in big trouble if she does that. So this is what you want to tell me, Lee Donghae? Well, I hope you have a perfect life in the future. she thought.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for this short chapter, but I can't update much today. i have tons of homeworks and exams coming next week! TT-TT But, so far... Do you like it? I will try to update soon! Thanks everyone~ ^^