Tonight

From The Start

 

Baby don’t cry~ Tonight~

She picked up her ringing phone and checked who’s calling. It is Kyungsoo. She wondered why he is calling her this late.

“Channie!” says the other line.

She crunched up her face upon hearing the loud voice coming from the phone.

“I’m hungry,” adds Kyungsoo. She can make up in her mind how pouty Kyungsoo’s lips are at the moment by his tone.

“So? Do you think I’ll go there and bring you some food?” I asked half-annoyed, half-amused.

“Oh, you will? You will?”Kyungsoo energetically answers. “Guys, my Channie will bring us some food. Better thank her when she comes here,” she heard him say at the background. “Make your order for 8 people, neh?”

8 people? There are only 6 of them in the dorm.

“Yah! I didn’t said I will ! And besides it’s already late. How could I-“

“Channie. Please? I might die of hunger now and my fans won’t be so kind to you when they found out you didn’t bring me some food.”

“Then why don’t you ask your precious fans instead to go and bring you food” she asked, now just annoyed.

Gosh. How could his fans even idolize this person? He’s so childish.

“Channie. *sniffs* You know you’re my only best friend right? You know you’re the only one I can count on here in Seoul right? You know-“

“Alright! Alright! Wait for me, I’ll be there in 30 minutes,” she cut him. If she didn’t, this could go on for hours.

She put on a jacket and grabbed her purse then made her away outside her house and went straight to buy Kyungsoo some food.

EXO-K’s dorm is not really far from her house. EXO-K is Kyungsoo’s group. Do Kyungsoo her bestfriend, is now a member of the newly debuted idol group EXO which was split into EXO-K, in which Kyungsoo is a member, and EXO-M. Even if they have just come out, they are really already popular.

Kyungsoo has loved singing ever since and she is his biggest fan. She has no doubt he could make it because he has an amazing voice not to mention his talent in dancing, too.

While walking, she noticed that the night in Seoul is really different from Gyeongdo. After 5 long years she is back here. Her parents died in a car accident back when she was just 11 and without other relatives in Seoul her grandmother decided to make Lee Seul Chan transfer and live with her in their province. She didn’t want to but she has no choice.

Her first day in Gyeongdo was also the day she first met Do Kyungsoo. She remembers how hard she cried that day in her grandmother’s gate and how Kyungsoo offered his hand to wipe her tears because according to him his hankie got lost in his way home from school. He asked why she was crying and even if they’re total strangers she didn’t know why she opened up to him.

She learned that he will be in the same school her grandmother enrolled her to. Then, they became best friends. They are inseparable. Kyungsoo was always there for her as much as she was always there for him. Instantly, he became her world.  She didn’t entertain any suitors because for her no one can compare to Kyungsoo. He was perfect. Unknowingly, she fell for her best friend.

She smiled.

Yes, she is in love with her best friend. Does he know? No. Why would she make it more complicated? It’s better to keep it unsaid than to make everything awkward between them. She knows that being best of friends was all they could ever be.

Specially now, because just last week, he introduced her to his girlfriend.

“ Chaerin-ah, meet Seul Chan. My forever best friend and number 1 fan,” Kyungsoo said happily as she remember.

Chaerin-ah. She could still hear in her mind how gentle he said her name.

She snapped out of her thoughts when finally she reached the dorm.