1.

Close To You

Tap

Tap

 

The pads of her fingers meets the table in a rhythm. She's accurately in tempo with the soft melody of the music the cafe was playing and she hums softly to the words. The snow is covering seoul beautifully with specks of white here and there and she tilts her head to stare dreamily at the scenery. 

 

The strong essence of imported Italian coffee is filling her nose with a sweet vibe. Sweet, very, very sweet.

 

Everything is sweet to her these days, the music softly reaching to her ears, the snow that purifies her eyes in such a way that she doesn't believe theres a single ounce of darkness in the world, and the bitter coffee thats suppose to trigger her taste buds with an unpleasant flavor, is surprisingly, sweet.

 

Jonghyun tells her she's in love. She believes so too.

 

"Has there ever been a time where you're always seeing birds fly around the person you like?" Jonghyun stares at Gwiboon from the other side of the booth with his hands resting comfortably under his chin.

 

"Yes." Jonghyun doesn't see just birds, he sees doves.

 

"Or feeling butterflies fluttering in your stomach?" She places her soft, slim fingers to her stomach and wiggles her fingers that makes Jonghyun's smile curve upwards more than before.

 

"Yes." Jonghyun doesn't just feel it fluttering, it's pounding against the muscle with protruding force.

 

"You're in love." Jonghyun states simply before Gwiboon places her head on her hands and stares pass him in a dreamy state that clouds her mind .

 

Jonghyun believes he's in love too.

 

There is an aura around him when he enters the shop, the kind of aura that instantly grabs your attention to the point where you can't escape from the firm grasp of the effect. She straightens up and fixes the loose strands of her long chestnut hair that flows past her shoulders. Gwiboon thinks she should cut it but Jonghyun objects only because he loved to run his rough hands through the soft locks whenever she would come over and take a nap on his lap while he watches t.v.

 

He's tall and has big eyes gwiboon gets lost in, though his face is small in proportion, she has come to love it. The birds are chirping in her mind and he takes a seat two booths away from her. it's been 3 months since she first sat on this familiar booth, though it wasn't cracking and chipped as before, she wonders if she should lose some weight, Jonghyun believes she's crazy.

 

"What kind of girls do you like Jonghyun?" Gwiboon sits up from laying on his firm stomach and puts the fashion magazine down. She can actually feel the muscles and the six pack peaking from the v-neck shirt he was wearing and she blushes a little.

 

Jonghyun stares at her for a while and thinks how dumb she must really be.

 

"I like girls who has a personality thats naive and stupid." She scrunches her nose cutely from the odd answer she's given.

 

"Your ideal type then." Jonghyun only smirks in return at her indirect insult to herself.

 

Jonghyun watches from afar, how her eyes twinkle with happiness and laughter filled with pure joy. The way he's cleaning the glass with a towel slows down as his mind is slowly clouding with, sadness. He looks up again to see Gwiboon giving him a breath taking smile at him and he smiles back at her while responding by putting his two thumbs up. Choi Minho, you lucky bastard.

 

"Jonghyun! Jonghyun!" Gwiboon barges into his apartment which was on conveniently on top of the cafe he worked in.

 

"Would it kill you to knock?" Gwiboon only rolls her feline eyes in response.

 

"Guess what!" The smile she's giving him is the happiest smile he's ever seen. It fills his heart in such a way that it's about to explode. 

 

"I finally talked to him! His name is Choi Minho and hes a sophomore in college just like me! We talked all night after I had accidentally bumped into him at the park and  Oh god Jonghyun he asked me out on a date!" Gwiboon wraps her skinny arms around his neck and jumps on him from pure excitement. He falls back into the couch with a thud and she giggles. Softly, he rubs small, soothing, circles on both sides of her thighs in a silent gesture to tell her that hes happy for her (kinda...not really). The soft porcelain skin beneath the pads of his fingers tingles his fingertips, giving him an electrifying sensation through his whole body and he loves this feeling. She purrs just like a cat and buries her head in between the crevice of his neck and he lets out a shaky breath. 

 

"Congratulations, Gwiboonie."

 

He stares at her behind a mirror while she straightens out the satin fabric on her hips. She's wearing a long red dress that reveals her back (Jonghyun would beat the crap out of Minho if he so dares to lay a finger on the patch of skin) Her chestnut hair is up in an elegant bun, showing her creamy, long neck. Her cheekbones are prominent from the bronzer and her eyelashes curve up beautifully. The red lipstick takes a great portion of attention away from her eyes that are elongated from the eyeliner.

 

She's beautiful, she's gorgeous, she's the only thing Jonghyun wants. 

 

She smiles at him through the mirror and his heart aches so much, he wishes, he only wishes she only dressed up like this for him and only him. Selfish, Jonghyun came up to the conclusion that he was selfish.

 

"How do I look?" She bites her heart-shaped lips waiting for an opinion from him.

 

"Perfect." 

 

But is there a word for that surpasses perfect? Jonghyun thinks he should Google it sometime soon.

 

They are at a fancy restaurant and Minho talks more about himself. The birds around him are appearing again and she smiles while he continues to talk.

 

"I love playing soccer." Minho says while taking a bite of his steak.

 

"Gwiboon look a a soccer ball!" Jonghyun runs to it and kicks it softly to her. The sky was already painted orange with hues of yellow and it's simply beautiful. 

 

She laughs at his big smile on his face, tail waging from side to side as she picks up the ball. 

 

"1 on 1 game?"  

 

She ends up on the ground laughing obnoxiously at Jonghyun who was planted firmly on the blades of the grass. While running and kicking the ball, he accidentally took a step far too fast than the ball causing him to trip as he steps on the round object. She's still laughing while crouching down at him and pulling the strands of grass and dirt away from his face. Irritated, he pulls her body towards him and flips them over. She's still laughing under him and a small smile curves upwards on his lips. He softly brings her hair away from her face while she giggles. The afternoon sunset hits her face and her high prominent cheekbones are in view as she smiles up at him.

 

It's beautiful

 

and being in love is too.

 

Gwiboon giggles from the memory but stops as Minho looks at her confusingly. She stops because she doesn't want to look rude due to the laughter but with Jonghyun, she can be obnoxious with it to the full extent. 

 

At times like these, she wishes Jonghyun was with her to make her feel more comfortable.

 

But then again she's with the boy of her dreams and the butterflies start fluttering again.

 

--------------