It Comes

Touch of the Demon

At dusk, atop a building high above Seoul a scream rips the air sending chills down the backs of anyone that thinks they heard something diffrent in the noise of the city.

The stars shine on, planets continue to spin, nothing stops for you. The sun rises with or with out you, the day will always end with no regard for the people that live according to its light.

As the sharp talons of pain rip through the skin at his back, all these things flow through his mind. The last words his beloved teacher left with him before committing the ultimate sin for those of his ilk.

His shoulderblades shifted once again and he could not hold in the scream as the skin split to the bone that shot through and elongated into a hollow tube that hinged to an expanse twice the length of his body.

A cold sweat broke out over his shaking form as his knees met the stone of the roof he was perched upon. His arms folded to crisscross his chest as he shrunk into himself to endure the pain of his transformation.

His breath came in pants as he could feel those hollowed out tubes of bone being filled with blood and nerve endings. The itching of more thin clear veins shooting forth from the now skeletal bones protruding from his lithe body nearly drove him mad. They grew quickly though, every few centimeters in uniformed length they emerged and formed sharp grey feathers by the hundreds.

Soon he could stand as the transformation completed and it was on wobbly legs that he rose and stretched his newly acquired appendages to the heavens, the muscles in his chest and back tightening and he could feel his lungs expand fully once more.

It had been too long since his last metamorphosis, his time in the human world making him more lax in his old rigorous routine.

He looked out over the city and it's darkening sky, the suns last bright golden orange glow fading behind the mountains in the distance.

 

 

 

 

 


His view starts at 0:11

 

 

He took in a deep breath and unfurled his dove grey wings. The span was a good eight feet in both directions, sixteen feet in all.
He shook them in anticipation of the flight ahead of him.

He had missed the freedom of soaring through the night hundreds of feet above the earth. The pain was all worth it for those moments. He was growing weary of living amongst the humans but he had a task yet to complete. It wouldn't be easy either but that was what he was there for. No one could beat him when it came to things like this.

He shook his head and threw off those thought. Nothing was going to bother him for now. He had a need to feel the wind before the recon mission. His lean body tensed as he bent his knees and launched straight up into the haze filled sky, his shadow growing dim until it disappeared among the atmosphere.

Here nothing could touch him, he was free.

 

 

-- -- --

 

Hee Sun sighed as she looked out over the darkened midday street outside from her cozy seat in the cafe she had ducked into.
The rain was falling in earnest now with no indication of stopping anytime soon. She placed her head in her hand and sighed again, the coffee cup in her hand warming her as she slowly rotated it absentmindedly deep in thought.

Hee Sun had become paranoid in the last few days . She couldn't shake the feeling she was being watched, even in her own apartment building. But anytime she turned around no one was there. Still it made her jumpy, so it was hardly a surprise that she nearly shrieked when some one tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned and saw the startled expression of a very attractive young man who was frozen with his hand pulled back as if she had bitten him.

She immediately blushed and sputtered an apology to him standing up to bow and hiding her face with her cascading hair.

He smiled warmly and Hee Sun felt it all the way to her bones.

"It's fine, I'm sorry I startled you."The man said in a soft melodic voice that melted away the tense feelings of embarrassment and overwhelmed her with the desire to hear it again, just once.

She smiled at him and the bright response from him left her breathless. He was absolutely adorable, so boyish and innocent looking that her guard was gone, she was taken by him in that moment.

"May I sit with you?" he asked and she looked around the near empty cafe and back at his smiling face of youthful innocents and she nodded. They sat back down and he folded his hands under his chin and grinned at her.

"It's good to see you again Hee Sun Nuna." he said puzzling the girl. Did she know him?

"You don't remember me?" He looked sad for a moment but he smiled again and she couldn't stop herself from beaming back at him. He let out a cute little chuckle and took her left hand from the table, his smooth warm palm gliding over hers making the blush rise up into her face once more. He took out a small pendant from his shirt pocket and let it dangle in the air between them. Hee Sun gasped and looked at him again in awe.

"It's been a long time Nuna. Do you remember me now?" He asked with a grin.

Hee Sun closed and felt a million diffrent thoughts fly through her head as she stared into the eyes of the young man before her, but the name surfaced rather quickly.

"...Lee Taemin"

The boy across from her beamed a hundred watt smile. "오랜만이다, 누나. " 
[olaenman-ida, nuna. | Long time no see, older sister.]