Me, you and our past to present

An Unfinished Love Story

-YOUR POV-

I miss him so much.. I wish we could still keep in contact.. I guess this really is an unfinished love story.. I can still remember how we met, became friends, and then lovers and then... 

________________________________

 

*FLASHBACK* (Not your POV anymore)

'Urgh.. Why do I have  to go tuition?! I wish someone would be here with me.' you thought while listening to your tuition teacher teach Physics. It was more of a night class than a tuition centre.

"Class, we have a new student, " the teacher said. As if by magic, the door squeaked open and a very cute boy with a dazzling smile came in. "Introduce yourself." 

"Hello, No Minwoo-imnida. I hope we can be friends ! " He smiled. All the girls swooned and started to gossip about him while the guys groaned. You just stared and felt your heart beat twice as fast.

"Minwoo-shi, you can sit next to Anhee." the teacher said, pointing to you. Minwoo came over and sat on your right. He smiled and said, " Hey, hope we can be great friends." "Y-yeah.." for the first time ever, you paid attention to the teacher and actually learned. Mi Young, your best friend there, nudged you and whispered "yah! you're so lucky you get to sit next to him~ " you just giggled and went back to work.

A few weeks passed, you and Minwoo's friendship started to strengthen. Whenever you felt bored, he would automatically text you, as if he's reading your mind.

The two of you were inseperable. Except when you go to school. You went to an all girls school while he goes to a co-ed school (A/N : Mi Young goes to his school too)

You found yourself falling for him and he felt the same way about you. One night, you planned to confessed to him after night class.

-At a cafe nearby-

"Um, Minwoo oppa, (yes, you call him oppa 'cuz both of you are inseperable~ :P) I need to tell you something.." 

"really? me first..." he hessitated for a moment. " I think I'm falling for you.. From the first day we met actually.." His cheeks were tainted with pink. "Umm.. Anhee? W-would you be my girlfriend?" he stuttered a bit.

"Oh.." you let out, starstrucked. He felt dissapointed. "I kinda fell for you too... hehe..so I guess thats a yes.." you let out an awkward laugh (hence the 'hehe') His lips twitched upwards and suddenly hugged you. 

You blushed madly. "Umm.. Oppa.." he suddenly let you go and appologized, "Sorry! Its just that.. I'm kinda new at this.."

You stared at him, shocked. " Really? 'Cuz, you're actually my first boyfriend." you confessed.

His smile just got wider and wider. The two of you talked about random stuff until it was late. Minwoo, being the gentleman he is, offered to take you home. You of course accepted. 

----------

After that day, the two of you went on dates, texted each other more often, stayed up for midnight calls and his mom approved you being his girlfriend. You're parents didn't care who you're with, as long he makes you happy. 

But as your relationship with Minwoo progressed, Mi Young was left in the dust. She grew hatred towards you because 1, you completely ignored her, and 2, you stole her crush, Minwoo. 

One Saturday morning, you decided to go and get an early graduation present for yourself, a brand new phone. You texted Minwoo, asking him to come but he said he was helping his mother. You decided to call Mi Young and hang out like you used to and of course to find a new phone.

She didn't let this oppurtunity go to waste and said yes.

The two of you walked into a mall and started talking and shopping like the old days. Mi Young was disgusted by the topic of you and Minwoo dating but went along anyway. 

At the end of the day, you bid farewell to Mi Young and went your separate ways.

Little did you know, Mi Young had a plan going on in her head. She smirked to herself, *I'll make Minwoo mine, just see Kim Anhee*

---------

Graduation day came and you felt so happy. 1 because you're finally free from high school and 2, you can hang out with Minwoo all the time. His mother even gave you suggestions for the colleges that Minwoo applied so the two of you can be together 24/7.

-Your POV- (Still in flashback)

Once the graduation ceremony ended, I texted Minwoo asking him to meet me at our favourite cafe (the cafe he asked you to be his girlfriend.) You waited until you felt your phone vibrated.

To : Anhee baby 

From : Minwoo oppa <3

Sorry, but I don't think I can. 

To : Minwoo oppa <3

From : Anhee baby

Oh, its alright. :) have fun.

A sigh left your lips. You decided to go straight home.

-Minwoo POV-

Finally~! It's over!! High school is over!! I can't wait to spend my remaining days with Anhee. Yes, thats right, I'm going to leave South Korea upon my father's request. At first I felt sad but me and Anhee baby can still comunicate right? Its not like anything will change. I'm thinking about telling Anhee about my transfer today.

When I was about to text Anhee, Mi Young came over and asked if she can borrow my phone to make a quick phone call with an excuse that she left her's at home.

I gave it to her and she quickly dashed to the girl's bathroom. Weird? Hmm..

When she came back, she said something really weird.. That MY Anhee baby is breaking up with me. Its not possible right? I have to talk to her. like NOW.

Just as I started running, Mi Young held me back and started screaming.

"SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU !" I stopped and turned around to face her. She continued, "She doesn't love you, it was all a lie, a joke, she didn't really love you. But I do.." she smiled. 

"You're lying.. YOU'RE LYING!!" I screamed.. I wanted to get out of here, I shouldn't trust Mi Young. My Anhee wouldn't do that to me.. I got confused and ran towards the door. I didn't know where I was going but I didn't care. I got to our cafe. I started daydreaming about her, her laughs, smiles, face.. That can't be all fake. 

I stood there arguing with myself. Should I confront her or not?

I ended up going home. As I plopped myself on the couch, my father came in from the kitchen.

"Pack up your bags. You're leaving. Tonight." He said with a monotone voice. "And don't tell you're girlfriend. Or should I say ex.." With that, he left.

I was so sad and frustrated. Tears were rollong down my cheeks. I don't know what to do. Just leave without a word? How could I do that to my Anhee baby? But I can't go against my father. I went to my room and started packing. I made sure to keep all the photos of me and Anhee. I put them into a little box and put it in my suitcase. I wrote a letter to her and sealed it in a pink envelope, her favorite colour.

I texted her mother to meet me at Princely cafe, near my house. She came and I handed her the envelope. I told her everything and ask her to give his to Anhee when its time. 

"Just know I love her so much Oomuni.."

"Yes, I understand, goodbye Minwoo" she gave me a motherly hug and we parted ways. Night came and I went on my flight. I'm going to miss her so much.

-Mi Young POV-

After destroying Anhee and Minwoo's relationship I had a little chat with his father.

So I might have black-mailed him a little to make Minwoo leave early, a small price to pay, if I can't have him, no one can, especially Kim Anhee.

________________________________________

-Your POV- 

*2 years later - Present day-*

I was still upset about Minwoo, he just dissapered. Today is the anniversary of us being a couple. If we even call ourselves that. I didn't have to go school (college) today so I just slept in. I woke up around 1 pm and walked to the kitchen. My mother saw me and sighed. I was a mess.

"What?"

"I think its time." she said.

"Huh? for what?" she took out a pink envelope, my favourite colour. "What's that?"

"Open it and read.." she said with sad eyes. As soon as I opened it, tears began to form and fell down my face. I was crying as I read it.

Dear Anhee baby,

       You're mom probably gave this letter to you. How long has it been? 5 years? 10 maybe? or just 1 month? Don't tell me its only been a month baby, I know you're stronger than that. While you're reading this letter, I'm probably in the States right now. I'm sorry for not telling you but you know how my dad is. I'm really sorry babe. I should have told you right? I'm such a worthless boyfriend. But one thing's for sure, I'll always love you. Even if anpother girl appears in my life, you'll always have a place in my heart, and I'll make sure she knows it! I'm sorry about everything. I couln't protect you and make you smile. All I did was leave you.. I'm sorry baby. But, promise me one thing. Once youread this letter, promise to smile and be happy okay? And if you want to cry, cry. I won't stop you but you have to promise me okay babe? You know I'll always love you. I'll approve it if you have another boyfriend right now, just know that I'll always be with you. In your heart. I even gave you a present, look inside the envelope, its a couple ring. or friendship ring. or whatever you call it. Just know that you and I will be forever bonded.

Yours forever  Yours truly,

Minwoo oppa

I took the ring and put it around my ring finger. It fits perfectly. I turned to my mom and said "Thank you.." She just smiled and hugged me.

But I cant help but think that... This love story, our love story.. Isn't complete.