After-party

The Bubble Tea Store

 

"What do we do now?" Luhan asked us, closing the front door after saying goodbye and thanking everyone for coming to the party.

It was after midnight and it was only me and the Exo flower boys remaining. 

I knew them well from school and this party had brought us closer. I kind of hated them at the start of this party though because after Sehun did his little stunt, it turned into a small pool party and they decided to create a tsunami on me. While they were happily splashing like toddlers, I was there almost dying with all the water I was choking on.

We dried up and Luhan was kind enough to let us borrow his clothes. I wore his grey shirt and sweatpants. 

"Let's do this again next weekend. But at my place," Lay spoke, jumping on a beanbag. 

"We almost burnt the house down. Sorry about that, Luhan," Chanyeol apologized. I secretly laughed as I remembered the incident. 

 

[FLASHBACK]

After changing into dry clothes, I stayed close to the bonfire to keep warm. I kept a distance from Sehun because I knew that if he was near me by just a meter I'd throw a tantrum and kick Luhan's soccerball at his face. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kai and Tao were chatting and Chanyeol suddenly took out a box of those spark sticks.

"Why do you have those?!" Baekhyun asked. You could see the excitement on their faces. 

"I haven't played with them since I was a kid," Chanyeol replied, taking a stick and lighting it with the fire from the bonfire. 

"What are you talking about?" Kai furrowed his eyebrows. "You went crazy with them last week at my house!"

"I want one too!" Tao reached out for one and lit it. In a matter of seconds, sparks flew everywhere as they ran and jumped like fairies.

"WOOHOO!" Chanyeol enjoyed himself. He waved the stick insanely in the air. I couldn't help but laugh at their childish behavior. 

I noticed that Kai swiftly moved his hand to form letters out of the sparks, spelling out 'love'. 

"I feel like I'm surrounded by fireworks!" Baekhyun shouted happily. In one quick move, Chanyeol stole Baekhyun's spark stick from his fingertips. "Hey!"

Chanyeol had a stick in each hand and ran with his arms extended, pretending to be a plane. Baekhyun was right behind his tail trying to get it back. On the other hand, Tao held his one steadily and blew on it endlessly like he was trying to blow out birthday candles. I laughed at how he just kept on puffing his cheeks full of air. 

Since all of them have joined in the fun, I decided I didn't want to be left out. I picked up a spark stick from the ground and examined it. 

"Aw, mine's gone out! I need another one," Chanyeol said. I looked at him and he was eyeing the one I was holding. "Hyemi..."

"No, this one's mine," I hugged it away from him. 

"But it's the last one!"

"You've already had a couple!"

"I've only had six!" he said in an obvious tone. I rolled my eyes at him. I started backing away slowly when I noticed him taking small steps forward. 

The movement suddenly stopped around us. I realized that all of the other's sparks have also died down. They glanced at me and then the unused stick I was holding.

"Hyemi, you're not going to play with that, are you?" D.O questioned.

"Actually, I am--"

"Not anymore!" Chanyeol suddenly snatched it from me. He lit it before running inside the house in a psychotic state. "HAHAHAHA!"

I chased him, along with the rest of Exo. We circled the couch a couple of times before Chanyeol stopped, the couch being the only thing blocking our way. 

"Twinkle, twinkle little star," he sang, waving it in the air.

Our eyes grew wide at what happened next. A small fire began to form after he unintentionally touched a leaf from a small plant beside him. He noticed the look on our faces and turned to it too. "Oh my god!"

"Stop it!" we ran to it and tried blowing it out but it only made it grow.  

"Stop, drop and roll people!" 

Chanyeol was more alarmed, screaming, "FIRE! FIRE! HELP! IT WASN'T MY FAULT! CALL THE FIREFIGHTERS!"

At that moment, D.O came with a glass of water and calmly poured on it, extinguishing the small fire. 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

"It's late. I think I'm going to go home too," I informed them. 

Chen whined, "What? But this is when the real party begins."

"But it looks like you're all about to pass out," I laughed. Half of them were slouching on the couch and the other half were laying on the floor.

"I don't want to go home though."

"What can we do?" Xiumin asked. 

"We could watch a movie," Tao walked up to the tv and looked through the dvds. "Where are all the action ones? There are only Disney movies here!"

Just then, a loud gasp escaped from Luhan.

"I have an idea! Everyone get out of my house!" he said excitedly. We all gave him strange looks. 

"We're camping in my backyard!" he concluded, a wide grin spread across his face.

"Don't we need to set up tents? Who's sharing with who?" D.O asked with a raised eyebrow. 

Like strong magnets, Baekhyun and Chanyeol immediately stuck to each other. Kai glanced at D.O, Kris and Tao exchanged hi-fives, but the rest were undecided. Luhan shook his head.

"I have this massive tent somewhere that we can all fit in. I'll get it right now," he quickly ran upstairs to find it.

We fell silent for a couple of seconds, our level of energy very low because of the party. Just as I had settled on my spot comfortably on the couch next to Sehun, a pillow suddenly landed square on my face. The room immediately exploded with laughter. 

"Oh my god, I'm sorry but I regret nothing," Chanyeol admitted, clapping his hands as he laughed. 

"How are you still high right now?!" I aimed at him with the pillow but missed completely, flying straight on Kai's face. I cupped my mouth in shock. 

"Kai, I'm sorry!"

He shook his hair in place after regaining his balance.

"You have the worst hand-eye coordination ever, Hyemi," Kai said. 

"Hyemi, I'm closer to Chanyeol but you were able to target someone all the way across the room from him," Baekhyun sided with Kai. They all started up again and all I could do was shrink in embarrassment. 

"I thought girls are good at pillow fights," Sehun mentioned. Kai gripped on the pillow and faced Tao.

"Yeah, it's supposed to be like this," he suddenly hit Tao at the back of his head, causing him to stumble forward. 

"AHAHAHA!"

Aw, poor Tao.

"What the heck?!" Tao's wide eyes turned into a glare.

"Kai, run. He's going to bruise you all over," Suho alerted.

"We're all going to die!"

Seconds later, everyone ran for their lives, finding a hiding spot, grabbing weapons or using objects as shields. I locked myself in a closet. 

"OW!" someone shrieked. "Towels aren't allowed!"

I laughed. 

"Neither are eggs!"

Running was heard everywhere around the house. 

"Hyemi," a voice suddenly spoke inside the pitch black closet. I jumped in shock and accidentally knocked over a few objects around me. I quickly felt for the light switch and flicked it on.

"Lay, you creep!" I pushed him for frightening me.

"Find your own hiding place," he shooed me away.

"I was here first!" I lied. He rolled his eyes.

"Let's go. We'll be safe in the backyard," he picked up an umbrella for protection and opened the door carefully. It seemed like it's quietened down in the living room. "I think Tao punched the daylights out of them already."

We tiptoed quietly. I was right behind Lay, using him as a shield against any danger. 

"And where do the both of you think you're going?" someone caught us from behind.

Our heads immediately spun around to him. Chanyeol was all prepared, holding a large water gun aimed right at us with confidence. 

How does he have these things prepared all of a sudden?!

"Stop breaking the rules! This game only involve pillows," I reminded him. He glanced at the umbrella Lay was holding. 

"It seems to me like you knew you were going to be sprayed with water."

"Luhan's not going to be happy about this. First you tried to burn his house down and now you're thinking of flooding it," Lay joked.

"I have no choice. I have to destroy my enemies," Chanyeol's eyes showed determination and he was more than ready to pull the trigger.

"Guys, I need you down here now!" Luhan yelled from the backyard. 

"Aw," Chanyeol pouted in disappoinment, putting the water gun down.

Just then, the boys retreated from upstairs and we started making our way outside. Instead of finding Luhan with the tent, there were thirteen sleeping bags prepared in a circle.  

"It turns out I don't own any tent so we'll just have to sleep under the stars," he scratched his head.

I could tell the others were really tired now. They chose a place to rest and within minutes, soft snores could be heard from them. I sighed in relief when I noticed that Sehun was at the opposite end of me. 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

1 hour later:

Hearing soft footsteps on the grass, my eyes fluttered open. I lifted my head and glanced at the sleeping boys but there was someone missing. I rubbed my eyes and got up to get a glass of water.

I went to the kitchen sink and quenched my thirst. Just then, muffled sounds was heard from the television and was followed by a soft chuckle. I went in the living room and found Sehun lying on the couch watching a variety show starring SHINee.

"Why are you awake?" I asked, startling him. "It's three o'clock in the morning."

"I couldn't sleep," he answered.

I dragged the beanbag close to where he was sitting.

"Sit here. It's more comfortable," Sehun sat up and made room for me, patting on the extra space beside him. I didn't bother refusing and just sat next to him, crossing my legs.

Just when SHINee was about to show their aegyo, Sehun took the remote and changed the channel to Girl's Generation.

"Hey! They were just about to compare them to a puppy!" I snatched the remote and changed it back.

"I was here first!" he took the remote back and then changed it to a channel showing a ghost documentary.

My eyes widened.

"R-Really? You're watching this? Just change it back to Girl's Generation," I said, trying to hide the panic in my voice. I never liked horror.

"Why? Are you scared of ghosts?" he asked.

"Of course not," I replied confidently.

"Good," he didn't hesitate to turn the volume up.

It came to the part where the people were going down the basement.

"I-I hope they find something in there," I lied.

I prayed that there were no heavy jump scares. My heart was racing. I have to be strong.

"Oh, no. They didn't see the red eyes behind them," Sehun added.

"What was that?!" one of the charaters said. 

"W-What did they find?" I covered my eyes and shivered in fear.

"Bones on the ground," Sehun replied.

Then the investigators spoke, "Wait. I thought I just saw something over here--ARGHHH!"

"AARRGGHHH!!" I yelled with them and hugged Sehun's arm tightly. He only laughed.

"Change the channel! Change it right now!" I shook him violently.

"Okay! Okay! It's back on SHINee!"

I wasn't prepared to face the tv yet. I just buried my head in Sehun's chest to settle my thoughts.

"See, if it weren't for me you wouldn't have anyone to hold on to," Sehun hugged me. I gritted my teeth and let go of him.

"If it weren't for you I wouldn't even be like this!" I yelled.

"How was I supposed to know you didn't like horror?" he shrugged.

Angrily, I got up and stomped back outside.

"Don't be scared if you hear rustling in the bushes!" Sehun shouted, making me freeze all over.

I whimpered in fear.

Turning around, I hurriedly went back to the couch and found him lying down.

"Move," I slapped his legs to give me room again. I sat down on the same spot and crossed my arms in annoyance.

"I think it's best if we just watch cartoons," Sehun suggested.

And that's exactly what we did until dawn.