Alpha and Omega (Beginning & Ending)

TEARDROPS ON MY GUITAR

Hyemi’s P.O.V

I am not the greatest geek in school, but I am smart, yet a loner-, like what most people say. I am not like this, then. Eventually, I used to be the person “who easily trusts people” and “whom people trusts easily”. Now, I am the total opposite of that kind of person I am describing right now because of what I’ve experienced-, my dad leaving my mom for another girl when I was five, and so my mom leaving me into grandma’s hands ‘cause she said she can’t take care of the daughter of the man who has abandoned her, but then grandma died and I was raised by my aunt.

 

 

“People no matter how loving or caring they are to you today, sooner or later will leave you”-, that’s my principle in life. Not until one day, as I was reading a book in the school library, I heard someone playing the guitar. I drew closer to where that sound is coming from and I was right. It was a guy. He’s doing the pluckings of a very sad song “There you’ll be” by Faith Hill. I continued watching him silently as he continued to play. Based from his face structure, I can say that he was a senior high school like me. I was startled when he speak…..

 

“Uh-, look. I..I..am sorry if I disturbed you….” he stammered a little bit, then continued speaking…

 

….I didn’t know someone’s reading here at the library because it has always been so silent. No one even dares to come and read here anymore because of technology advancement. Students go on computer shops and rely almost always on the web, and that reading books are boring. I never thought a lady like you still exist-, such a hardworking student. I’m sorry again. I really am.”

 

After that, he bowed down in front of me, a sign that he really is sincere in apologizing. I smiled then whispered,
“..and I never thought a guy like you still exist-, such a humble and courteous man.^_^”
 
 
That was how I-, Park Hyemi and Oh Sehun met, and 2 years have passed since then. We are now in 2nd year college but in that span of time, he taught me how to not listen to others whenever they discourage me in my passion for writing [a/n: Hye mi is a writer], he was there when I really want to shout my feelings out, he comforted me, wiped my tears whenever they fall down from my eyes. He always understand me, I mean, the kind of understanding not a single person, even my mom or my dad or my girl-friends then couldn’t give. It’s because of the fact that he answers my weird questions and tells me, they weren’t weird at all, and confessed we share SIMILAR situation when it comes to that because he, himself has asked those questions to people, but they find them weird too.[:D :D :D] I enjoy his company, he taught me also to play guitar. But the best thing that he has ever done to me is that he taught me how to trust and love again. [♥♥♥♥]
Yes, love. In that 2 years of being best friends with him, I’ve developed a more-than-friend feeling towards him. Whenever he calls or texts me, “goodnight”, “eat well” or stuffs like that, I can’t help but to fall for him deeper, which I know isn’t right because he only see me as a girl best friend…

 

One night, when I was about to sleep, he texted me.
“Hyemi, guess what?
“What?” I replied immediately.
“I’m in love!”
5 seconds passed, then I replied.
“Wow, dude, that was cool! You finally got it right! I’m happy for you J

 

 

[a/n: I recommend you to listen to Taylor Swift’s Teardrops on my guitar as you read this part]
 
 
No, I am not happy. I am pretending. That wasn’t supposed to be the message I sent. I feel so heavy deep inside, feel so betrayed. I feel like I wasn’t able to face him again. I should not have cried that night, but I did. I switched off my phone and my tears continued to flow. They seem to sparkle in the dark, sad night…. (T_T)
 
 
The next morning, after classes, he fetched me in our compound [a/n Sehun is an engineering student and Hyemi is into nursing]. He walked towards me, very composed, very happy. He smiled as soon as he reached my direction. I fake a smile in response. Little didn’t he know I’m falling to pieces, deep inside. He invited me for dinner-, but I wasn’t alone with him, he invited his new girlfriend too.
 
 
“…she’s beautiful, that girl he talks about, and she’s got everything that I have to live without.”
 
 
Those lines from Taylor Swift’s song popped up into my mind as soon as I saw her. He let us meet each other and after that, we started eating. The way they stare and talk and laugh with each other makes me feel like I wasn’t there. And when Sehun stood up, walks in front of me, and gets us something to drink, there’s that heavy feeling again. When he’s with her, I-, the “none-but-just-a-mere-friend” was left alone; and that’s the sad part. LLL
Why are you doing this to me, Sehun? Why do you walk so perfectly, while I’m here, holding back these tears? Why are you so happy, while I’m feeling blue? And why have I not controlled myself from falling for you, in the first place?
 
 
Because I cannot handle such pain anymore, I drive home alone. I rushed into my room and hugged his picture tight. I promised that night to distance myself from him. Maybe it’s better that way, I’ll be able to forget this feelings-, or even him…but how can I forget him when everytime I close my eyes, he’s all I ever see? When everytime I hold a pen, I’d end up writing his name? When everytime I play the guitar, I remember how we used to be together? Maybe I should confess-, though I know he’ll reject me…maybe that way, I’ll end up hurting myself and that I would feel free.
 
 
"No. It isn’t the right time yet.” I thought.
 
Days, months, have passed and I continued avoiding him, but one day, as I was about to close my locker, he was there, beside me already! I was about to run away but he grabbed my wrist and said,
 
“Hey! You left that night without informing me, why?
 
“Uhm, because I..I love you!” I blurted out. I felt like tons of metal were drawn out from my chest. His eyes widened, then finally spoke.
 
“I love you too.”
 
“What?!” I asked in surprise….


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“…’cause he’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar, the only world who’s got enough of me to break my heart. He’s the song in the car I keep singing, don’t know why, I do…”

“The bride’s here”

 I heard people murmur as the song stopped playing inside the car. I get off the car, and saw Sehun there, standing on the aisle…waiting for his lovely bride who was….

..

….

….

….

….

…..

…..

……

……..

………..

………….

……………..

……………

.....

.....

....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 just an inch away from me.

 

Yes, Sehun’s getting married to her-, and I was the bridesmaid.

 

*flashback*

 

 “Uhm, because I..I love you!” I blurted out. I felt like tons of metal were drawn out from my chest. His eyes widened, then finally spoke.

 

“I love you too.”

“What?!” I asked in surprise…

 “What “what?!” Of course, I love you ‘cause you are one of my best friends.” He suddenly laughed. I fake a smile. Then I promised myself, I’d see him that way from now on too.

*end of flashback*

 

 

“She better hold him tight..give him all her love….”

I smiled as that lyrics from the song “teardrops on my guitar” played in my mind. I love Sehun, but it takes two to form a couple, and I know that he has never fall in love to anyone else except her bride.

 

After the wedding, I know Sehun’s happy, and so do I. I dropped by at the hospital after the event, (I am now a registered  nurse) and went home. I find myself looking for the old guitar which I haven’t played for years since the day I seriously confessed to Sehun but he just laughed. And when I got a sight of it, I played it again….reminisce how happy we were as bestfriends then-, those moments I’ll forever treasure.

 

“…’cause he’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar…”

 

I sang as I’ve realized that tears began streaming on my face, down to the guitar. This time, these tears weren’t because of the fact that Sehun won’t see me the way I see him, but because I am happy that he’s happy now. He’s beginning to settle down, and so would I. And I guess that’s what LOVE do to us-, it makes us more understanding. It makes us live happily by merely seeing that our LOVED ONES are living in HAPPINESS…

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------ ***  ^___________________^   ***----------------------------------------------------

 

 

Comments please…

Gomawo! J J J