Chapter 1

Just Another Fan

 

“Bong, you’ll be late for rehearsals! Bong ah~” One of the members grabbed me by the shoulders and started shaking me.

I grabbed the nearest thing I could, which was my pillow, and flung it in the general direction of the member.

“Yah, stop it.” I pulled the blankets over my head. “5 more minutes…”

A lean hand smacked painfully against my thigh.

“Yah! Eun Bong Cha! Get up! We’re not going to be late again because of you, do you hear me?!” The blankets were pulled roughly from my hands, and I was pulled up by my ear.

“Ow, unnie! I’ll get up. I was wrong. Jalmothaesso, mianhae!” I begged for forgiveness. The grip on my ear was released. I rubbed at it.

Before I could even recover fully, the leader’s shrill voice pierced my ears again.

“Yah, what are you doing still sitting there? You’re already the last to wake up, do you think you have the luxury to take your own sweet time?”

“Ah, arasseo, unnie. I’m getting up, I’m getting up.” I shuffled out of bed quickly, but not before Min Hee unnie could smack my bottom.

Aish, seriously, that leader.

I groaned and shuffled to the toilet. I grabbed my toothbrush and squirted some toothpaste on it, then went to stand in front of the mirror and brushed my teeth.

“Oh, Bong Cha unnie, annyeong.” The maknae, Ae Sook,  stopped picking at her hair to greet me, bowing slightly.

It wasn’t that I was a scary unnie or anything, like Min Hee unnie, it was just that our maknae was unnaturally polite. We tried to get her to lighten up in the two years we’ve been together, believe me, but she was just like that.

“Annyeong.” I smiled at her through the foam on my teeth.

“Noona!” Young Mi, the second youngest, jumped into the toilet.

Or the third oldest, depending on how you looked at it. There were only four of us, anyway. I’m sure you’ve already noticed that she has a rather strange way of calling me. Don’t ask me why, I don’t know either.

“Yah, geck ouwht.” My words were badly distorted by the foam in my mouth. I spat it out. “The toilet is crowded enough.”

“Noona, it’s not that I want to be here, Min Hee unnie is ranting on about how you” she pointed an accusing finger in my direction “always make us late.”

As if to prove her point, a loud growl came from the bedroom.

“See?” Young Mi shrugged.

I rolled my eyes.

“Arasseo, arasseo, I’ll hurry up.”

In twenty minutes, which, I’m proud to say, is the shortest duration which I have ever taken to get ready, I was done! The members assembled by the door to put on their shoes.

“Kaja, kaja, kaja! To Cube!” Min Hee unnie, first to get ready as always, skipped out of the door excitedly. Out of all of us, she was the most passionate about dancing and singing. Which was also why she was so scary about punctuality and the like.

We left the dorm and took the van to Cube.