1

Someone like You

 

When Daehyun stepped out of the city bus, the first thing to catch his attention was a child’s bawling, cutting through the street noises—car horns and people. Looking everywhere, he noticed a crying baby sitting on a sky blue stroller with a young woman, possibly its mother, who was waving a toy in front of the infant’s face, trying to calm him down, but it was a vain attempt. Anyone could tell she was inexperienced for a mother. 

After watching the scene for several enjoyable minutes, Daehyun decided to interrupt and walked toward the bench near the park, where stood the blue stroller. Once he had sneaked up behind her but right in the baby’s view, Daehyun started making funny faces. The child abruptly stopped crying and stared in front with surprise and amazement before giggling, causing the mother to turn around and meet with a young man’s grimacing face.

“Sorry,” Daehyun apologized with a light chuckle.

“No, no!” the woman cried out, shaking her head in disapproval. “I should be thanking you. I have been trying to calm him down for a while now. Thank you.” She smiled.

“Oh, it was nothing,” Daehyun politely said. Hesitating a bit, he continued, “If you don’t mind, can I hold the baby?” he shyly asked.

“Of course!” the mother rushed, picking up her son and handing him to Daehyun, who thanked her with a wide grin.

“May I ask what his name is?” he said, cuddling with the child in his arms.

“Joonhyun,” she answered. “Say, you must really like kids,” the woman mused, watching how lovingly Daehyun played with her son.

“Yeah.” He nodded, tickling Joonhyun’s belly, making him laugh even louder.

“Well, you seem like you’ll become a great dad,” she told, stretching her hands out for the baby.

“You think so?” he asked, staring at her as he handed back Joonhyun.

“I do.” She smiled, her eyes disappearing when she did.

~~~

Just when the door was opened, Daehyun was greeted with the oh-so-familiar sunny grin. “Hey, babe,” he said, smiling back before stepping inside and planting a chaste kiss on Jongup’s lips. “When did you get home?”

“A long ago, actually, my class ended at 1’o clock today,” the shorter male replied as he helped Daehyun by taking his bag and closing the door behind him.

“Oh, so what did you do all day?” the elder asked, going inside the living room and dropping his weary body on the couch. He picked up the TV remote and turned it on while Jongup sat down next to him, sliding his arms around him and hugging him childishly.

“Nothing,” he said, “I just cleaned up the house and then fell asleep; I was so bored. Thank God, you’re here now.” He snuggled, moving Daehyun’s arm over his own shoulder and resting his head on the other’s chest.

“Awn, poor baby,” he chuckled, kissing the top of Jongup’s head. “You know, I have a solution for you,” he suggested, shifting a bit, so the younger would look at him. When he thought he had his boyfriend’s full attention, he went on, “I think it’s time for us to get a child.”

He smiled from ear to ear while Jongup snorted, “What?” But when Daehyun replied with silence, along with a serious, straight face, his eyes widened and mouth opened in shock. “What?” the asked again, in a smaller voice this time, still blinking in disbelief. “Are you serious?”

“Of course, I am. Just think about it, Jongup, we have been living together for two years now. Don’t you think it’s time for us to think about having our own little family?” he explained, hoping he’d be able to talk him into this. “Besides, it’ll keep you company while I’m at work.”

Jongup shook his head. “It’s not like I’m always bored. I usually have a busy schedule. Right now it’s the beginning of semester, that’s why. Otherwise I barely have any time,” he argued. “And having a baby is a lot of responsibility, Dae. There’s going to be a lot of extra costs and you already have to pay for my college. I don’t want you to put more weight on your shoulders.”

“Jongup, look at me,” Daehyun demanded, cupping the younger’s face and locking their eyes. “You really don’t see how much I want this, do you?” he sighed while Jongup lowered his eyes, feeling guilty somehow. “Am I being that selfish? All I’m asking for is a child. Just one,” he trailed on.

“Dae...” Jongup tried to speak. Upsetting Daehyun was the last thing in the world he ever wanted to do. “I want to have a child as much as you do, trust me,” he said, taking Daehyun’s hand in his and planting a kiss on it. “But you have to understand I attend university. What about my future? My carrier? Have you ever given a thought about it?” He paused to see Daehyun pouting. Leaning in, he kissed the pouty lips before pulling out with a smile. “You know, if you really want a baby that much, I can give you one.” He smirked as he watched Daehyun’s cheeks turning red.

“Yah, Jongup! Do you want to die?” he screamed, hitting lightly on the younger’s chest.

“What? If you can ask me to carry a baby with abs like mine, why can’t I ask you?” he defended himself, crossing arms over his chest. “Besides, I think you’d look really cute with a giant stomach. It would suit you,” he added, laughing.

“Jongup!” Daehyun shouted before jumping onto the shorter male and pinning him on the sofa. “Are you trying to say I’m fat?”

“What if I did?” Jongup asked back, lips stretching into a playful smirk.

“You are so going to get it tonight.” It was now Daehyun’s turn to grin devilishly at the boy stuck beneath him.  

“Whatever,” Jongup said nonchalantly, pretending not to care. “Now get off me and go take a shower. I’m hungry,” he urged, pushing the other boy.

~~~

Daehyun got off and went to the bathroom for a quick bath while Jongup was off to the kitchen, preparing dinner. 

 


Author's note: I'm really sorry for not updating earlier. I had forgotten the password to my account. I'm so stupid lol

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Please leave a comment ^^