That One Prom Night

That One Prom Night

CHAPTER 1

Yes! The prom's tomorrow night!  

Di thought excitedly after the principal announced it on the speaker. "Anyone who wants to join for prom committee, meet in the auditorium right now. Thank you, have a nice rest of the day." The principal finished on the speaker. 

Di was at lunch with her best friend since 1st grade, Sooyoung.

"I'm gonna go for prom committee, are you?" Di asked with a smile on her face. She gently pushed up her black rectangular glasses from the nose part.

"Nah, I don't really like to clean stuff," Sooyoung replied, giggling.

Di saw that there was nothing left but crumbs on her plate. She threw it out to the nearest garbage can.

"Okay, well then I'll just go now, bye!" Di exclaimed.  She waved to Sooyoung while Sooyoung waved back.

Di rushed through the halls so fast that her legs were already tired. 

Boom! Di crashed onto the wall beside her and dropped all her stuff on the floor! Her glasses fell off while she heard high heels hitting against the floor. It was CL, the queenka of the school and all the boys like her.

"Ahaha!" CL snorted. "You made another trip through the wall again, huh Clumsy?"

Di's cheeks turned bright pink, so bright it could be CL's favorite color. Di quickly wore her glasses and started cleaning up her stuff which spread out all over the floor.

"Uh, stupid," CL sang to herself, but made sure that Di could hear. CL walked to the other side, ignoring Di, she went straight to the auditorium for prom committee.

Di got all of her stuff up and stood back up with a strong push from her arms. She walked to the auditorium very slowly in the empty hallway, wondering if anyone had found out about her crash yet. 

"Hello, sit down, sit down!" the principal demanded to Di while making hand gestures telling her to sit down. "Okay, so everyone here wants to help with our prom, right? Everybody wants a prom?" asked the principal, even though he knew the answer was YES.

"YEAH!!!" Everyone shouted.

"Alright! So, here's what we're gonna do. See those decorations over there on the big table? Those are for you to decorate the auditorium. We already got all the DJ things over there in that corner, whoever wants to put it with the DJ table, can. Also, help set up the food and drinks on that big table you need to fold out. Let's get decorating!" The principal ordered.

Some guys folded out the table for the food and drinks and started to get some bags of chips to put there. Di didn't really know what to do. So, she went over to the drinks that were in their boxes and tried to carry one over to the drink and food table. CL tried to move the DJ things, like the huge boom box, but it was too heavy for her to lug. There were so many wires coming out of the boom box, CL wacked the strong wires to one side and it whipped the ground, real hard.

Di stood up with the box of soda, trembling. She was where the boom boxes were. CRASH! 

Di tripped over the wires of the boom boxes and all the soda in the box flung high in the air and crushed the boom box. It was such a hard crush, the soda box ripped open and the soda cans broke. Soda sprayed out to Di and surrounded the floor she was at. Soda was leaking from each can and the boom box started smoking! A huge spark popped out of it! Di got scared and jumped up, soaking with sticky, wet soda. The spark flew out all the way to the table which held all of the decorations. All of the girls screamed as the principal told them to go outside. Taemin, one of the guys at the prom committee, took the fire extinguisher and sprayed it through the smoke trying to make sure there were no more sparks coming out. Then, the fire alarm went off and it was ever so loud! Taemin finally got all of the smoke out and now you could see that the boom box was completely broken and dented. The table of decorations were burnt from the gigantic spark that flew out. The principal called the office and told them to shut off the fire alarm because the smoke was out. The girls came back into the auditorium.

             "Oh my GOD! Di, look at what you have done to the auditorium!!! The BOOM BOX! The DECORATIONS! Now what are we gonna do?!? YOU STUPID CLUMSY LITTLE....!!!" CL yelled once she entered the destroyed auditorium.

'That's enough, CL! Are you alright, Di? You should be more careful sometimes. I'm sorry to announce that PROM WILL BE CANCELLED!" declared the principal. He went to the office to announce the bad news to everyone in the school.

Di couldn't take it anymore. Her eyes started watering. "I-I"m so sorry," Di said, uncomfortably. She started walking slowly backwards, and headed to the auditorium doors. Once she got to the doors, she pushed them open and ran out super fast. Sooyoung was in the hallway and she looked confused. 

"Hey, Di, are you okay? What happened in there? Prom's cancelled?" Sooyoung asked. But Di was too embarrassed to stop and answer so she ignored Sooyoung and ran past her, leaving wind blowing in Sooyoung's face. Di ran straight outside of school and rubbed her eyes while tears poured out of them. She went all the way home and opened the door with her house key. School ends in one more hour. She took out her cell phone and called her mom. 

"Mom, I'm at home. I don't feel well at all. Okay. Love you, see you soon, mom." Di told her mom on her cell phone. It wasn't that Di was sick, but it was just the fact that she could never go to school ever again without people yelling at her that she ruined prom for everyone, including herself. She wished that she wasn't so freaking clumsy! She went upstairs and into her bedroom. Di decided to take a nice nap, to calm herself down. She leaned down onto her bed and slowly fell asleep.