Final: The Early Marriage

The Early Marriage (One Shot)

"Yah! How much times have I told you, not to put onions into my soup!" You snapped in fury. I rolled my eyes at your dramatic behavior making my way towards the seat, opposite to my husband.

Truthfully, you confuse me. Sometimes you can be too quiet to the point where I  just can't stand the quietness anymore or sometimes you could just be overly dramatic to the point where I just want to chop off you head. Just why did I marry you?


We ate in silence, starting only little conversation.

"How was work"

"Good" There it was. A blunt conversation ending with a complete fail.

Dinner ended and you left as usual leaving me washing up the dishes. Oh how stereotypical.

-3 years ago-

It was the midst of summer and the air smelled of summer daisy's and fresh air. Night classes ended, leaving me walking back home with my best friend, Kai. The moon was high up in the sky, with the stars peeking out under the black blanket. The sounds of cricket's chirping were heard as we stepped every step of the way. Despite the crickets, everything else was quiet until you spoke up.

"What did you think of today's lesson?" I paused for a moment thinking of an answer. My heart fluttered in anticipation but I kept my stance.

"It was okay, I guess. You?" I asked, staring straight ahead.

A chuckle escaped out of your well defined, plump lips making me smile like a cheesy 10 year old girl.

"Truthfully, I didn't get a single thing from that lecture" You chuckled.

Minutes had passed and already, we were already infront of my house.

"I guess, I'll see you tomorrow" You waved as I entered inside of my house. I smiled, as I watched your handsome figure slowly disappear though my window.

-Now-

I brushed my long, jet-black hair infront of the vanity mirror. Secretly, I watched you read your book on our bed through the mirror. You still looked the same. Except your hair and attitude. But in our 3 years of marriage, one can evidently say that our relationship has gone downhill. 3 years ago we were best friends. 3 years ago were were a couple. 3 years ago we were just young teenagers in love. But now? Just how do I explain our situation? Horrible? Stupid? No that's not the right word. Awkward. Our relationship was awkward.

"Goodnight" We mumbled in unison as you briefly kissed my cheek before pulling up the covers.

The next morning, I woke up with a warm, empty spot beside me. The sounds of water flickering was heard from the bathroom, meaning you were taking a shower. Still half asleep, I manage to get out of bed without stumbling back. Just then, the bathroom door opened and in came a soaking wet Kai, with only a towel wrapping his lower half-something I haven't seen in years. Shockingly, you still got your abs.

"Sorry" I mumbled before heading downstairs towards the kitchen. Surprisingly, I didn't blush nor did I quietly squeal. My feelings for you had slowly disappeared.

Slowly peeking through the corners of my eye, I watched as you strode down the stairs before sitting down on your usual seat in the kitchen.

"Here" I placed your breakfast infront of you relieving a silent nod back.

Again, breakfast was awkward. The sound's of our mouth chewing our breakfast was heard but nothing else. Time to time, we would share glances but that was it. No smiling, no laughing just staring. This had suddenly become our daily routine.

"Well, I better get going" You said bluntly, as you picked up your suitcase.

"Goodbye" I murmured before shutting the door.
 

-3 years ago-

"I got these from umma's flower garden" I smiled showing him the pink bouquet of flowers that I stole from my mother's garden. We smiled as we walked hand hand towards our village chapel, ready to mark the first day of our lives together, as a couple.

"Are you ready?" You said ever so gently, slightly squeezing my hand.

I nodded as I watched him proceed at the front of the aisle while I stood there, ready to follow. I was only 18 when I got married with you, while you were a year older. Truthfully, our parents didn't know about our marriage. For all they knew, they believed I got pregnant and fled. Here I was, standing in my cheap silk dress holding a bouquet of stolen flowers from my garden, ready to marry the love of my life.

-Now-

They ask me why I even bother staying why him. My friends are worried, your friends are curious. When were at parties, we don't even bother playing 'couples' anymore and depart in our own ways. You talk with your 'girl' friends while I talk with my 'guy' friends and for some odd reason, both us just don't care and neither get jealous. It's funny how we don't interact but in the end neither of us don't have the guts to file for a divorce.

"I said no. Those files must be in for tomorrow" You yelled once more, as I heard you sighing in defeat.

Though, deep inside, you still deserve some credit. You worked hard, just to get a college degree to receive a good payed job for our income. And, here I am- still a college student.

"Kai" I peeked through the corner of the door.

"WHAT?' truthfully, I was suddenly brought aback. Never have I seen you this angry and stressed- the last time you reacted this way was when you finally had the courage to go meet my parents as my boyfriend.

"Goodnight" I silently mumbled as I watched your features slowly drop into an ever so gentle frown.

-3 years ago-

"Don't worry, Yuna. We can do this, it's just you and me. I promise" You said, as you kissed my forehead in our new apartment.

"Do you really mean it?" I asked, my face looking up to yours.

"Of course. I promise"

-Now-

Yes, I admit, I hate your attitude. Yes, I admit your a horrible husband. And yes, I admit, I sometimes regret marrying you. But now? Am I dreaming? I froze as your figure stood infront of me holding up a mystery, brown manila folder. Some part deep inside of me, knowing what it already was.

"Let's get a divorce, Yuna" your words echoed throughout my mind, as if an orchestra played the same tune over and over again.

You weren't a good husband, but truthfully I never planned on leaving you; hoping you would do the same.

"Is there another girl?" I suddenly said, making you run a hand through your hair-something you do when your nervous.

"No" you said bluntly, dropping the papers on the table before leaving me alone in the living room.

-3 years ago-

You smiled as you handed me the keys to our new car. It wasn't the best but hey, at least we got a car.

"Why did you get such a big car! You can fit a whole family in here!" I paused as I watched your features turn into a sneaky smirk.

"Exactly. You see that seat? Little Kai can sit there and minnie Yuna can sit here. And when were old, this car can be for our kids and we can buy a caravan all to ourselves to travel around with" You smiled, as you brought me in for a kiss.

I remembered that day. It was one of the best day's of my life.

-6 Years Later-

"Umma! I told you, I don't want to eat carrots!" Yunwoo, my four year old child complained as he showed me the chopped up carrots on his plate.

"Arraso, daddy will eat it" Sehun smiled, chomping up the carrots making Yunwoo laugh hysterically.

I smiled. Truthfully, I still wonder about you. Are you still single? Do you have a family of your own? Are you happy? 

You were my first kiss. My first husband. My first love. And it will stay that way.

 

ミ☆ミ

His eyes closed and the doctor's sighed as they recorded the time of his death

"Kim Jongin. Died on the 7th of October, 2012 due to brain cancer. Been suffering the disease for 9 years straight"

"Doctor, does he have any close family members?"

"Sadly, no. None of them know about his long term illness. He has kept it all to himself"

They say when people are in love, they do stupid things. As for Kai, he loved his wife & that's why he left her.
So she could live the life she never had with him.


Okay, well I never planned for him to die x_x
BTW I accidently posted this up earlier, and some of you guys had a glimpse of the story!
Omg..this story is so gay haha~Should I make a sequel?