Appa loves Minho. Minho loves appa

In Her Eyes

 

My appa has to be the best appa in the world. He loves me and gives me everything that he could possibly give me. That means a lot of toys and goodies. I only get to see umma once a week. She says she’s busy and can’t take care of me like appa can. But I don’t get it… One time we saw her and she was with other kids smiling and playing with them. It’s almost as if she doesn’t love me as much as the other kids. But appa loves me. He says I’m his pretty princess. 

Then I have my Uncle Minho. He’s always the best. He treats me like a princess too. He takes me amusement parks and holds me close when I get scared. Minho holds my hand when we go out and buys me toys too. Appa is Minhos’s best friend and they spoil me too much they say. But they never stop. 

I miss my umma sometimes. She says that I was an accident. An accident she wouldn’t take back but an accident. I know she loves me, she says so. But she doesn’t love appa… She never hugs him or gives him kisses. Umma never touches him or look at him. When she does… It’s like she doesn’t even want to see him. I feel bad for appa, but he never looks sad about it. I guess Minho helps him feel better. 

Uncle is always giving appa hugs and kisses on the cheeks. Sometimes when they think I’m not looking I see them kiss each other on the lips like in the movies. They hold hands too. Appa always smiles around Minho and he’s never sad. I wish appa could be like that all the time, but every time umma leaves appa gets so sad. He looks like he could cry. Sometimes he does cry. 

He’ll sit at the kitchen table as I peek from the doorway. He would lean over the table and hold his head in his hands. Appa will sit there and stare at the table really quietly. Then Minho walks in and moves his hands from his face and I’ll get to see if he’s crying or not. Then they talk quietly and Minho will stare at his face with an in… intest… some word appa said once, with care. Then Minho hugs appa and kisses him like in the movies. 

Appa loves Minho and Minho loves appa. I know cause appa says you only kiss people you love a lot on the lips. Plus they sleep together in the same room like the ummas and appas on T.V. They love each other a lot. 

Sometimes there are noises that come from their room. It sounds like appa is getting hurt and one time I walked in. Minho was lying on top of him and moving around. I didn’t see what was going on cause of the sheets. When I said something Minho fell off the bed and made a loud noise when he hit the bed thingy. 

“Sunny, what are you doing in here sweetie?” Appa looked so… scared as he looked at me. 

“I thought something bad was happening… I heard you calling out things…” I don’t know why, but I was suddenly scared. What if they hadn’t scared off the monster that had scared appa? 

Minho was smiling as he stood up in his… I think boxers… “Oh Sun, Taeminnie was frightened by a monster under the bed, so we made more noises to scare it away.” 

“Oh… C-Can I stay with you two?” I didn’t want to be in my room if the monster came back. 

Appa looked to Minho and he nodded. “C’mon Sunny, let’s get you some cookies and milk before we go to bed okay?” 

Cookies and milk was always the bestest. “Okay!” I happily ran to the kitchen with Uncle following me. We ate Oreos and had a big glass of milk. After that I don’t member much except waking up in between appa and Minho. They were holding hands as they slept, and appa’s arm was over me protectively. 

You know, Minho has always said music is good for the mind. He would sit me at the piano and try to teach me scores… I think… But he would mess up and hit the keys hard. I would giggle at him. He was funny when he got mad at the piano. Then appa would come in and take over. He was slower and more… patent… I could learn more with him. He knew what he was doing unlike Minho. But Minho would bring us snacks and kiss the tops of our heads. 

After playing with the piano we watched a movie. I always got to choose. I like to watch the Lion King. Minho always cried and appa laughs at him. I hugged Minho and told him it was okay. Appa just laughs more and I make a faces at him. He is so mean to Minho sometimes. 

But Minho makes appa cook dinner when he laughs. We eat sandwiches when appa cooks. Then Minho laughs at appa. He says appa can’t cook for… well a bad word. Minho can cook better then appa anyways. He can make noodles and beef.  

Appa loves Minho. Minho loves appa. I know this cause they are special to each other. They love each other more then they love me. I’m okay with it. I know they love me. I’m glad they are happy. My appa needs Minho. Minho needs appa. We’re a family and that’s all we need.