Chapter 1

You Lied Yourself

*HaYeon’s POV*

That day I would be having fun with JaeJoong! Guess what? Yup! It was our 2nd Anniversary! We spent 2 years together already with smiles, laughs and sometimes shouting at each other when we were mad.

 

But! We must have fun! I hoped our relationship could be last forever :) I closed the door behind me silently after changing clothes for awhile inside the bedroom. His back was facing me while the front was facing the TV.

 

“… No, I won’t regret to break her up. Well, anything for you, babe.” the tone… It was the tone that he used to me only, b-but... Why did he use that tone to the other people at the end of the phone there and with the ‘babe’ thing?!

 

No, I must be wrong hearing it. He wouldn't betray me, right? Right?

 

“I’m sorry not to call you recently. She is always wandering around me and makes me sick of it actually! Yeah, I will make sure to break her up, so we can meet each other more. Anyway, I need to go now, see you next time, jagiya~” and with that, he hung up the phone and sighed heavily.

 

“How can I break her up?” he scratched his head in stress way and putted his feet on top of the table.

 

I took a deep breath, trying to forget all those words that he said back then. I needed to find the truth first before judged him that he was betraying me. I swept away the tear that dropped unknowingly and tried to smile brightly even if it was the fake one.

 

“JaeJoong, I’m ready!” I said with happy tone.

 

I could see him startled when he heard my voice, “Oh, you changed already?”

 

I walked toward him, seeing those chocolate orbs of him made me sad if he really betrayed me. “Yes.”

 

“Are you okay? I feel there is something wrong with you,” he grabbed my hand and stood up; looking at me.

 

“I’m okay.”

 

“Are you sure?” he caressed my hair and touched my cheeks, then pecked me. “Feeling better?” I nodded.

 

“Let’s have a dinner then,” he towed me out of my apartment to the restaurant.

 

That night, he prepared a candle light dinner just for me. Sure, it made me touched by the things that he prepared for me. But, all of his words kept hanging around my mind and I couldn't forget about it.

 

He sent me home and still asking what happened to me. Of course, I am not that kind of person who talk-about-my-feelings-to-other-people. So I just kept lying to him, talking that nothing happened instead talking the truth that I am hurt by his words.

 

Usually sleeping was easy for me, but just for that night, it was a really hard one. I couldn't sleep because of what? Because of those words, of course. I thought today would be a good day. Other than a good day, it was really bad day for me.

 

First, he said that he would break me up, although I still didn't know about the truth - the girl was me or not. But if the girl wasn't me, still it meant that he was betraying me.

 

Second, I had to fake a smile every time I am with him.

 

Third, it was our 2nd anniversary, but nothing memorable happened. Bad memory? Exactly.

 

Fourth, if he really wanted to break me up, why did he keep acting in front of me?

 

Fifth, I could not sleep!

 

Huh, what a life...

 

~ ♥ ~

 

The birds’ chirped woke me up from my dreamland. Finally, after changing sleeping position for about one hour, I could get to sleep.

 

I dreamt about JaeJoong broke me up directly; saying that he was tired of me already and just went away after that. I hoped that it would not happen ever to our relationship, nor something bad than that. My cell phone rang and I picked it up.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Is this Song HaYeon?”

 

“Yes I am. Who is this?”

 

“This is Mr. JaeJoong’s new secretary for awhile. Mr. JaeJoong asked me to call you and informed you to come here and meet him.”

 

“Oh, okay then. Thank you,” unknowingly I smiled to myself hearing that he wanted to meet me.

 

Excitedly I took a bath, grabbed my breakfast and walked to his office. Since I could not afford a car, I usually walked or maybe took a bus. As I arrived at his office, I took the elevator directly and stood in front his office’s door. I smiled at his secretary and opened the door…

 

But all that I did was wrong. I didn't knock the door first and as the result, I saw the passionate kissing scene of JaeJoong with a dark-brown-hair woman.

 

Jae was the one who realized my presence and finally he broke off the kiss with that girl. I could see the button of the girl’s shirt was opened already; revealing his black lace bra.

 

“Ha-HaYeon…”

 

“You haven’t break with her?” the girl said in annoyed and teasing tone, looking directly to me with that face, ewww!

 

So it is true that JaeJoong wants to break me up. I see...

 

No word came out from my mouth. The words were stuck inside my throat. I took a deep breath before saying one thing that made him ran after me, “Carry it on you two,” and I smiled slightly.

 

Well, he knew if I smiled slightly to something that I didn't like with, it meant that I am REALLY mad + angry + annoyed.

 

“HAYEON!!” he stood up and ran after me.

 

“JAEJOONG!” the girl shouted, but he kept running without even looking to the girl back.

 

Rain poured down as I walked out from the building. Tears were uncontrollably flowing down into my cheeks.

 

The salty liquid and the rain mixed well into one. I stopped myself as I felt that he wouldn't try to catch me this far.

 

“As I thought,” I mumbled to myself and lifted my head up, feeling the rain touched my bare face.

 

“HaYeon!” I tried to run away again, but in a sudden, I felt an arm held my forehand and spun me around; showing my red puffy eyes because of the tears that flown down.

 

“Let me go,” I said weakly.

 

“Look at me, HaYeon,” he lifted my chin up using his index finger. “I love you, HaYeon. Don’t leave me! It’s just… A misunderstanding.”

 

“Misunderstanding?” I chuckled a bit like there was something funny. “You said that it was a misunderstanding?” I paused and wept the tears that blocking my mouth to said,

 

““I won’t regret to break her up. Anything for you, babe,”” I said in a teasing tone and tried to match my tone like the one that he used yesterday.

 

“You heard it?” he asked inaudibly, but I could still hear it while the rain starting to pour down hardly.

 

“Yes and we are obviously not a couple from now on,” I was about to run away again when he held my hand once again.

 

He wanted to open his mouth but I cut it first, “Enough of your lies, Kim JaeJoong! I don’t want to hear it EVER AGAIN!” I emphasized the last two words and ending up on running away from him, passing through the rain to my apartment.

 

Soon as I locked my apartment’s door, I hoped on to the bed and cried as loud as I could. Maybe my mouth was saying goodbye to him, but my heart still couldn't accept that he is cheating on me and I am NOT his girlfriend anymore. I kept on crying until I fell asleep with the wet clothes.

 

The next morning, I woke up and found my body became limbed. I placed my hand on my forehead as I tried to feel my own temperature; MY BODY WAS REALLY HOT! Quickly I took the thermometer out and putted it inside my mouth.

 

Beep!

 

The thermometer produced the beep sound. I took it out from my mouth and looked at my temperature; 39°. Oh good, this must be because of I slept using wet clothes. I stood up and changed my clothes to the new and fresh one.

 

Heading to the living room, I took my cell phone out and messaged my friend that I wouldn't come to university. I positioned myself to the sleep one at the sofa and took a short nap after that.

 

*Ding Dong*

 

I was woken up by the bell apartment. I opened the door slowly and closed the door again swiftly after founding who was standing outside.

 

“HaYeon, open the door!” he kept knocking like CRAZY.

 

“Get the hell out of here, JaeJoong!”

 

“HaYeon!” he kept knocking and distracted other people in that apartment.

 

“GO AWAY, JAEJOONG! I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU ANYMORE!” seemed like yelling made him stop and went away. I let my body slid down, “No… No crying anymore, HaYeon,” I said to myself.

 

~ ♥ ~