Chapter1

Wilted Flower

 

BANG!

      A strong cold breeze swept inside and sent a rush of coldness throughout my body. My tired eye suddenly widens and my heart begins to beat furiously from the uproar that was coming beyond the bedroom door. I look over at my bed side and the clock reads two fifty-five am as the number glows in red. I reach out and grab for the knob on the dresser, without making any loud sudden movement I stretch further out so I can get an actual feel of what I was trying to find. I feel a cold, hard object on the very end of my fingertips and I grab for the flashlight. Slowly, I crept out of my bed, as I gradually try to find my way from this darkness into the living room.  

       I’m half way in from the living room, standing here now I surely regret for making such a move. I feel like I have been witnessing my own movie scene when one of those dumb characters from  a horror film, strangely hears something in the back room and being all curious about it they slowly tries to see what has  cause such racket. Suddenly, an eerie suspense music is being overheard and all you can do now is yell and scream for that character to stop because you already know what was about to happen next. I of course feel like I was taking part of it, while I watch my own scene plays out in front of me.  

        I step foot inside the dark shadow living room, the help of the moon’s light shining in through the windows helps me cope better from the surrounding of darkness and I see that everything from where I was standing from was still in its original place. Although, a familiar black combat shoe hangs dangling off from the side of the sofa. I move in closer and check from behind the sofa nd realize it was Hoya, peacefully sleeping.  

        I came around the sofa and went down on my knees and right beside him…. He lets out his calm breathing, as his chest lightly rises and comes to a rest. A scent of alcohol came from Hoya with what looks like liquid stains remains on his t shirt. He must’ve gone out with his co-worker for a drink or two after they clocked out from their job. His arm covers his eyes as it rest upon them while he still have on his pine green jacket. I reach out towards his jacket so I can help him take it off. I was about to lift his arm up, when he suddenly yank away from my grip as he turn away with his back towards me now. I came back into the living room with an extra blanket in hand and cover him up away from the coldness; I then climb back into bed and fell fast asleep

      About the time I was awake, the sun was sitting high with its ray of sunlight blinding my eyes, I have overslept and Hoya has already left for work.  After a morning cleanse, I slip on a new clean tank and over the white tank I have on a beige crochet cardigan with blue denim jean. I put on my favorite pair of shoes that I own, black ankle boot. I toss on over my shoulder my leather brown bag as it hangs lightly from my shoulder and I step out for this today’s afternoon.

      The side street was left soaking wet from the rain from this morning. Water fills up the side street. New green leaves were forming on the tree branches; soon enough these side street trees will be filled with green leaves and flowers will too blossom. With the warmth coming from the sunlight, the coldness was somewhat bearable.  I continue down the main street, as I approach the corner I made a left turn and treaded on. I came around to a quieter street, with boutiques on either opposite side. 

      Once in a while I would visit this flower Bouquet. Annie, the store owner was fidgeting from handling two situations from behind the cash register. A phone lunges in between her cheeks and shoulder, while she arranges the flower neatly into a bouquet. I move along towards the back of the store where all of the exotics flowers were kept. Like a piece of art I love how different and unique each flower was with its own distinctive shape and form. I would love to stay longer and examine each flower inside this boutique but I wanted to see Hoya and take him out for his lunch break.

I stroll along the side of the street, a distance away stand a tall man in a black suit his hostile eyes pierces mine as our eyes met. I shot a friendly smile at him and continue on with my own business. Our human time is limited so I honestly believe that we should enjoy our life while we still can, “leave with no regret”.

         During my younger years, I saw life in a different perspective. I always challenge myself to strive better in school and to maintain my ranking position in class. With high expectations coming from my parents and teachers, I didn’t want to disappoint neither ones. I can still remember that one summer in Busan. I’ve experienced so many things, Hoya taught me how to find myself from within and to chase after my dreams. Not only that but I was able to experience a sweet addiction of what was called, love. I couldn’t face that fact that I soon would have to leave Busan and go back to my home town and continue living my life like nothing have ever happened. They were just too much, too much fond moments that I have enjoy and to just make it turn into nothing else but memories.

“Leave with no regret” those words withdrew from his lips that late evening of my last day in Busan. With my decision, I choose to go against all odds and pursue in my motives as I take charge of my own life from then on.  

       The parking lot was empty when I arrive at Hoya’s work place. There were two cars sitting behind the close garage as I made my way inside through the front door. Nobody was in they must’ve all left for lunch already. I hear what sounds like a conversation coming from the back room so I crept through the hall and the farther I walk the louder the conversation was getting. It sounds like it was coming from the manager’s room, Mr. Kim. I peer inside from the doorway and see that it was Mr. Kim. Luckily, the back of his chair was facing me instead of him noticing me. For I didn’t mean to barge in and interrupt whatever business issue that he was coping with and I of course didn’t want to make him hang up the phone just because I appear out of nowhere with a helpless look on my face, when I apparently came here for Hoya. So I left the place and I ended up having lunch all by myself in this lonesome apartment.  

        The bitter coldness of the night shook me awake. My knees pulls inward against my chest, I can’t feel my blanket. My finger rummages about the bed for my blanket, no nothing I went for the side and eagerly pulls it over my body for warmth. As I did so, it feels like I was having a tug of war with this blanket for a second there. I sat up in bed and look behind me for what the heck it was on the other end. Hoya has apparently climbed into bed and hogged all of the blankets to himself. I miss him, and all I wanted to do was just be close to him. I move in closer as I curled up behind him with his back facing me I can feel his body warmth and his faint breathing as I pull the blanket over my body.