One Shot!

[ONESHOT]It's just Himchan

 

“Damn it, where are you Maddy?” You muttered into your phone angrily. You had been waiting at the restaurant for 20 minutes for your best friend and she so far was a no-show. You pressed the end button on your phone and slammed it against the table. She had called you to meet her here and now you were stick looking like a loner. Awesome.

“Excuse me, do you think I could sit here?”

You looked up to find a boy with his collar popped to hide his face, glancing around like he was paranoid about something.

“Sure,” You replied, deciding to amuse yourself with your phone.

So now, not only were you stood up by your best friend, you also had to sit with some random guy who probably just committed some heinous crime and you would be made a hostage and—

“Can you pass the salt?”

You made an annoyed sound in your throat. “It’s perfectly within your range, get it yourself,” you snapped, not even bothering to look up from your screen.

Out of your peripheral vision, you saw the guy take the salt and shake it over a plate of fries. “Did you get stood up by a guy or something?” This guy couldn’t just let you stew in your perfectly crafted bad mood. You glanced up to see him munching on his fries, looking at you curiously.

“None of your business. Now leave me alone or I’m going to regret letting you sit with me.”

The guy looked bewildered. He thought for a moment, shrugged and happily went back to his fries. Why would he assume you were being stood up by a guy? Did you look like that kind of girl?

You looked at your phone again and groaned. You were going to kill Maddy. You glanced at your table mate and found that your eyes met. You looked away first. “I’m not being stood up by a guy, it’s a girl.”

“Oh?” The guy looked intrigued. “Is that why you haven’t hit on me yet?”

“What?” You sputtered and realized what you had said. You began to color. “No! I mean my friend, my best friend! She called me to meet her, but she’s late.”

The guy took a drink of his pop, straw moved in between his lips, eyes twinkling merrily. “You don’t have to hide it, you know. I wouldn’t judge you.”

That was it. You weren’t about to be made a fool at your own table. You stood up, your chair pushed back making an abrupt harsh sound. “I think I’ll go sit at another table,” You said primly.

A hand whipped out, grabbing your wrist. You looked at the guy incredulously. From this higher angle, you could see his features better. He was freaking good looking; like he-came-out-of-a-magazine good looking. Still, a pretty face didn’t make up for a rude attitude. You moved your arm to break from his grip, but he held strong. “Please, don’t leave because of me. I’m sorry if I seemed rude, I was just teasing. Sit, I insist.”

You studied the guy. So, maybe he wasn’t a criminal, a model or a rude guy. “Okay,” You said, settling yourself back into your seat. “But I’m leaving when my friend gets here.”

“Fair enough,” The guys slapped the table and resumed eating off the plate in front of him. He hadn’t, however, dropped the habit of looking around the restaurant furtively once and a while.

“Is there a reason why you’re so antsy?” You asked, purely out of boredom, of course. You had no actual interest in this guy.

The guys starred at you. “You really don’t know do you?”

“Know what?”

“Maybe my disguise is just that good...” He muttered, scratching the back of his head. “My name is Himchan.”

“Nice to meet you Himchan. My name is ________.”

“Really? That name means nothing to you? Kim Himchan?” Himchan leaned forward, completely blown away by the fact that you didn’t recognize his name.

You looked at him, not impressed. “You aren’t one of those ulzzang, are you? Because being famous just from your looks isn’t very extraordinary.”

“No! I mean, I used to be but now I’m—”

“Oh my GAWD, it’s Kim Himchan from B.A.P!” screamed a girl to her friend. 5 other heads snapped our way. The restaurant got very noisy from the buzzing of these girls and Himchan got glum as a result.

“I just wanted to enjoy some fries,” he moaned the loss of his invisibility. He flipped his collar up again and said, “Are you still going to wait for your friend?”

“I’ve given up on her now,” You said, some of your anger coming back.

“Let’s get out of here then,” Himchan said, tugging you out of your seat and tucking you under his arm.

“I’m not going with you, I barely know you!” You had to shout above the increasing screaming girls.

“You know that there are several girls that would love to take your place right now? That should be incentive enough.”

You dug heels in. “I don’t care how famous you are! You clearly think very well of yourself so I don’t think you’d mind if I thought badly of you. Now let me go!”

You and Himchan burst out of the doors and were immediately bombarded by reporters and flashing lights.

“Himchan, over here!”

“Who’s the girl?”

“Why were you at the diner?”

“Is she your girlfriend?”

“Were you on a date?”

“Himchan, I love you!”

Himchan focused on shielding your face from the cameras. Your head was against his chest and you felt your heart beat wildly. It was just the situation you were in. This had nothing to do with the fact a very handsome, and famous, boy was hugging you close to his body. You watched as Himchan smiled and waved and suddenly pushed your head down so that you could duck into a car with him.

“Phew, that was a close one,” Himchan grinned at you, happy from his successful escape.

You poked him in the chest and his grin dimmed. “Why did you drag me into this?! You could have left me at the table.”

Himchan looked confused. “Because I didn’t want our conversation to end. Did you?”

“I would have been perfectly fine by myself,” You replied, sticking your nose in the air. “Now drop me off at my house and we’ll call it even.” You might as well get a drive home out of this, with all the trouble he just put you through.

Himchan deflated. “Oh. Okay.” He told the driver your address after you repeated it several times for him. The drive was silent. The car eventually stopped right in front of your house.

“I’m sorry to have disrupted your day,” Himchan said. His stature reminded you of a kicked puppy.

“It’s fine. It’s about to end right now. Good bye, Kim Himchan from B.A.P,” You said, leaving the car.

“It’s just Himchan!” He managed to call out before you slammed the door shut.

You made your way to your house, shaking your head. That was the last thing you had been expecting when you left.

You went to your bedroom and collapsed on your bed. What a day! Maddy ditched you and then the craziness with Himchan. You began to stare at your computer and impulsively got up and turned it on. You opened a search engine and the curser blinked invitingly. You weren’t really interested in Himchan. You just thought it would be smarter if you were better educated so that type of thing never happened again.

Your world exploded as soon as you search Kim Himchan. You set aside the bazillion fan girl sites and tumblr url’s, not wanting to get into how his fangirls felt about him. You watched the music videos that were out for his band. You were surprised he wasn’t a part of a cute boy band like Boyfriend or B1A4, the ones your best friend listened to. Instead, it seemed like these guys took their manly image seriously. They seemed like professionals. You allowed yourself to feel a tiny bit impressed.

You caught yourself in the third episode of Ta-dah it’s B.A.P and turned your computer screen off. What were you doing? You’d probably never see him again. There was no point in investing all this time on him. You had seen some references to a group called Exo; maybe you should look into them. You pushed yourself away from your desk. Only a couple of hours in the Kpop world and already it was you in. No more!

You went to bed and clapped your lamp off. It was time you rid yourself of this crazy day and wake up refreshed, like it never happened. You snuggled into your bed covers. You couldn’t wait for the morning.

 

You thought you left your computer off when you became aware of screaming. Did you leave a video playing all night? What was going on? You pushed your covers aside and check your computer. Nope, no videos were going. Weird.

You put your hair in a messy bun and went downstairs to get some food. You poked at your ear, wondering how to get that incessant noise gone. Was it like when you left a concert, there was still buzzing in your ear except instead of bass it was screams of girls?

You were just about to eat a spoonful of cereal when a polite knock rapped on your front door. It was probably your next door neighbour wondering when you were going to trim the tree back that was invading his yard.

You get up to answer the door, taking a deep breath to cut off your neighbour before he got long winded but instead your mouth dropped open and your eyes bugged out of your head.

“Hello,” smiled Himchan. Today, he wasn’t in full undercover gear. His hair was styled, acquired some eyeliner and some very expensive clothing.

“You?!” You couldn’t believe it. What was he doing here?

Himchan frowned. “It’s Himchan. Kim Himchan. From B.A.P? We met at a restaurant yesterday?”

“How could I forget?” You said sarcastically.

“Yes, yesterday was very hectic,” Himchan laughed nervously.

You finally took the time to take in the chaos behind Himchan. Video cameras and a lot of people were taking up most of your road and front yard. “What the hell is going on here?”

Himchan grew confident. “I was driving away yesterday, not able to understand why you wouldn’t want to see me again. I just couldn’t imagine not being able to talk to you again. Obviously Himchan the guy didn’t intrigue you so I figured Himchan the idol definitely would. So I tweeted to all my followers that I was going to ask a very important girl and I needed their support—”

“Kim Himchan, fighting!” yelled a group of female students.

“You’re crazy,” You deadpanned, backing up slowly to get back in your house.

“Wait!” Himchan sounded desperate. “You haven’t answered my question yet.”

“I don’t know what you’re—”

Himchan pulled you out of the entrance to your house and took your down the pathway to the fence that separated us from the roiling mass of fan girls.

“Everyone, this is ______.”

Oh great, now every girl here knew your name. “Himchan, what are you—”

“________, will you start to date me?” Himchan yelled for everyone to hear. Then in a lower tone, he turned to you and said, “You don’t know who I am. You don’t stare at me like I’m a piece of meat or a god. You talk to me like a normal person. Actually, you treat me like I’m beneath you. Regardless, I’m pulled to you and I want you to like me. I want to change your mind. I want you to want to get to know me like I want to get to know you. Will you go on a date with me, ________?”

You took in all the screaming girls: half were crying at the loss of their Himchan and the other half were encouraging you to say yes, so that their Himchan would be happy.

“Himchan belongs to Yongguk. Banghim will live forever!” shouted a random fan.

Lastly, you studied Himchan. He waited stoically, his poker face staying in place. It was his eyes that spoke to you; they gleamed with a type of hope, that if crushed, could affect a person forever.

You bit your lip in contemplation.

Himchan moved closer to speak into your ear. “If you say no, you’re going to have quite a lot of angry fans on your hands. I can’t control them completely.”

That sly fox. So that had been his plan. He now smiled confidently. The hope was still in his eyes but it was accompanied with amusement as well. He found this situation funny, clearly.

You relented finally. What would it hurt to go on a date with him? Sure, he was a celebrity and probably had a big ego. But, he wasn’t condescending or cocky. He had confidence and humour and still some humility to him. He wasn’t lost cause. He also didn’t know, as much as you had tried last night, you couldn’t get him out of your head. Here was an opportunity literally knocking on your door.

“Fine, I’ll go on a date with you but—”

“She said yes!” Himchan announced victoriously. He laughed and smiled and you felt a smile bloom on your face as well. His joy was contagious.

“I’m going on a date with Kim Himchan from B.A.P,” You tried it out, thinking it didn’t sound bad coming from your mouth.

“No,” Himchan hugged you to his chest, taking liberties already. “It’s just Himchan with you.”