oo3. the weird happenings

Counting Down From 10

 

 

I drifted along the somewhat busy sidewalk, trying to find Jihae. Hopefully once I found her, I would be able to take her soul out immediately. Simple and quick, the way I usually do it.

 

As my thoughts wandered, I accidently drifted through someone and she shivered. “I feel like someone just stepped on my grave…,” she whispered to her friend and I smirked at the remark.

 

As I continued to float around and soon enough, day turned into night. The streets soon got crowded as people travel home from their long days at work and I constantly find myself going through people; trust me, it’s not a pleasant feeling for me either.  Making a quick turn at the intersection, I suddenly found myself in a quiet residential neighborhood. I looked around hoping that Jihae will miraculously be in sight, but there was no one around. Where is the girl when you need her? I thought to myself angrily. Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I continued to go down the road and that was when I spotted her.

 

She was standing in front of the gate to a house, looking inside with a sad expression on her face almost as if she were longing for something. The sound of music became louder as I neared her and as I stood behind her, I could see what she was looking at. Through the window of the house, two young boys no older than the age of fourteen were playing instruments; one was playing the piano while the other was playing the guitar. But what struck me the most was that Jihae wasn't looking at the boys. She was, in fact, looking at the young girl who was singing along to the happy tune that the two boys were playing. 

 

I shook my head, erasing any thoughts of sympathy from my mind as my hand neared her; after all, there was a reason that I had to find her and my entire future depended on this one girl.

 

Time seemed to go slower as my hand drew near her back and my eyes could just vaguely see a small, flickering silhouette start to appear; it was something that I had seen numerous times: it was her soul. But just when my hand was mere millimeters away from her back, the weirdest thing happened.

 

I materialized and crashed onto the ground.

 

But that wasn’t the worst of it. Just as I was about to stand up, Jihae slowly turned around, the way people turn around in horror movies. 

 

And like in the horror movies, she did the thing that I was least expecting her to do.

 

She screamed.

 


 

author's notes;

hey guys. hey.

remember me?

i give you all permission to kill me for the late update + the short chapter.

yeah, ready the pitchforks and the torches guys; i'll be expecting you all at my front door.