Can it be

What If...

 

“This is it… the moment I’ve been waiting for… man up and just tell her” I told myself before opening the door to the balcony.

She was already waiting there smiling as I came. I can’t help but smile too upon seeing her.

        “Oppa, why are you so late? I can’t wait to tell you the news. I want you to be the first one to know” she excitedly said. There were those sparkles in her eyes.

        “Fine, tell me already. It must be extremely big news since you are acting all excited like this” I told her.

        “I’m in love…”

Sweet and simple but the words sunk deep into my heart. Hundreds of questions started to form in my mind. My heart and mind was in a state of shock. I asked her “Who is the guy who managed to catch your heart?” while secretly hoping that the guy was me.

        She smiled shyly and said his name.

I could feel my heart crumbled into tiny pieces. My mind suddenly went blank and then I laughed. Sulli looked puzzled. She couldn’t understand why I was laughing. I laughed because of the absurdness of the situation.

There I was ready to confess my love and everything and suddenly she told me she’s in love and moreover with the person I least expected it to be.

        “So are you both kind of a thing now?” by the way I asked she would have never even dreamt that all I felt at that moment was regret.

        “Yeah. I guess so… He is nice and sweet and is really good to me. He asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday” She said and started to tell all this wonderful things about her new boyfriend.

 It wasn’t my luck. I lose the person I loved to someone else. I can’t wish for anything more than to see her smile and be happy. Maybe I wasn’t good enough for her and he was a better man than I am, a better man for her.

        I questioned myself if the situation would differ if I told her how I felt about her earlier, if I had taken care of her better, gave her more attention or maybe other possibilities that would never be enough to be listed.

        I took out my phone and send a simple text as I walked away from Sulli.

        “To: Woohyun ,

Message: Take care of her.”