Everyone Deserves a Happy Day

Today's Your Day

Jongdae was excited to say the least. It was his birthday, the only strange part was that he had received nothing. He could understand his family because they lived all the back in South Korea and he was currently in China for his ever moving job as a photographer, so in the long run, his family never really knew where he was unless he told them. Maybe he should consider updating them about his whereabouts more frequently.

He decided to call home, regardless of long distance fees but he got no answer and his phone bill shot up at least forty dollars. If he couldn’t contact his family, what about his friends? He had stayed in China long enough to make a few and he was close with them to the point where they all had surprise birthday parties for each other, he was one who planned the last one. Jongdae considered he was being selfish for wanting others to go all out on his birthday with ‘Happy Birthday’ calls and surprises but then he pushed the thought away because it was his birthday and even he believed he’d deserve at least something.

Finally he decided to call his boyfriend who he actually met in China but was also Korean, who works as a pastry chef in a somewhat well known restaurant in China. He knew he wasn’t at work today or at least at this time so he held the phone to his ear and listen to the dial tone try and connect their calls and it felt like hours with no answer and Jongdae was so close to hanging up but then he heard that cheery, happy voice and he was relived.

“Happy Birthday Chen!” The man on the other line said when answered Jongdae’s call. Jongdae couldn’t help the stupid smile from forming on his face as heard been given his first birthday call of the day and by his boyfriend no less.

“You actually have no idea how happy I am to hear that.” Jongdae told the man as he shifted his weight to his left leg. He had actually been standing-more like pacing all around Beijing practically as he silently waited for a birthday call from somebody. His boyfriend had responded with an extremely confused ‘why?’ and Jongdae had told him he has been waiting since the moment he woke up which was about nine hours ago from the current time which was about 2:34 and he had woke up at about 6:32am this morning.

“Calm down, Minseok, it’s okay. I’m fine, as long as I get at least one I’m fine.” Jongdae told Minseok as he ranted on and on about how every single one of his friends and family and that they should’ve sent him gifts through the mail and called him and text him and even visit him. “I’m really okay. Honestly.” Minseok refused to believe that and invited Jongdae to come to his house so that he could spend his birthday properly like a man having his 22nd birthday should.

Jongdae was more happy than he’d like to admit at his boyfriends behavior because he needed this, if only one person decided to remember his birthday then he should probably have the best time with that person.

Jongdae walked to Minseok’s house who he was glad wasn’t that far from where he already was or maybe it was because he had already planned on going there later in the day, for some admittedly birthday , but that plan had changed greatly.

Jongdae knocked on the door and he heard a cheery ‘It’s open!’ from the inside from his happy boyfriend. He would’ve put that into question but he’d rather not care about it right now, Jongdae turned the knob and pushed open the door, revealing Minseok’s rather festive looking living room filled with people he immediately recognized.

“Happy Birthday Chen!” Jongdae’s friends, family and boyfriend shouted in harmony upon his entrance. He did a quick glance at everything around him; balloons stuck up on the walls and streamers to accompany them, presents in the front of the living room and what Jongdae made out to be a custom made cake made by the pastry chef that was his partner. Minseok was the first to run up to him and hug him.
“Happy, happy birthday Jongdae.” He cheered at Jongdae who half heartedly hugged him back, mostly due to shock.

“You all did this for me?” Jongdae’s mother answered ‘no’.

“It was all little Minnie’s idea. He even had us flown in all the way from South Korea just to spend your birthday with you.” She explained and Jongdae’s mouth fell agape and he looked down at Minseok who was still all cheery and smiley.

“You organized all this for me-even flown my family in?” Jongdae asked, almost not wanting to believe what he just heard and was seeing. Minseok only nodded in response, showing Jongdae that smile he loved to see on the older.

“Of course silly, it’s your birthday and I want it to be the best for you. So I told everybody to come over and help me set up for this big birthday party for you.” Minseok said as he animatedly explain his plan as he stretched his arms out, conveying just how big he wanted his party to be. Jongdae smiled and chuckled a bit as he turned his back to Minseok, his forearm over his eyes. He really didn’t want anyone to see him get like this on his birthday.

Minseok was surprised when Jongdae turned his back on him but he instantly understood what happened and gave Jongdae a back hug. “It’s alright Chen, I love you enough to throw a party this big and I’d do it all again the next year and even the year after that.” Jongdae bit his lip, trying not to let out an ugly sob. He turned around in Minseok’s arm and hugged him back.

“Thank you so much Minseok, you have no idea how happy this has made me right now. Thank you so much.”

_

Because for Chenchen's birthday, I thought I'd see a bunch of Xiuchen about celebrating Chen's birthday. :x