Overwhelming Clumsiness

Pink Ice Cream (one-shot)

 

I pulled my best friend by the hand and walked the door in my usual bombastic way, too excited to actually take note of what was before me.

My mistake.

*squish* The ice cream in my hand was smashed against the white Swagger tee of the person who had just come in.

Oh my god. .

In my surprise, I dropped the cone in my hand as well. What was left of the ice cream oozed over the poor victim’s shoes. Which were also white.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so so so so sorry! I wasn’t looking at where I was going.” I took a packet of tissues out of my bag and started dabbing at the shirt frantically. My friend tugged at my shirt.

“Oh right. I’m sorry.” I realised how improper it was to dab at a person’s abdomen when I  don’t even know them, and drew back, smiling abashedly as I raised my head to look the person in the eyes.

Oh, lucky me. It was Yang Yo Seob of BEAST. My heart flopped in my chest.

He was so much more handsome in real life. His orange hair was ruffled in a cute way, and he was taller than I had expected. In fact, I reached no further than his shoulders. But then again I wasn’t exactly tall either. His face was contorted with the effort of smiling through his obvious disgust and discomfort.

“It’s okay…” His voice was sweet even when he was talking. Disgusted. At me.

I bit my lip.

“No, wait here okay, I’ll be back soon, I swear.”

I pulled my best friend, who was smiling suspiciously, by the hand and dashed out of the shop, turning back to signal to Yo Seob.

Please. Wait.

As soon as we were out of earshot, my best friend burst into laughter.

“Did you see his face? Oh, Kels, you sure did a good job of embarassing yourself.”

“I know!! Stop that, Pam!” I pulled her into the nearest shop, with some odd name I have never heard of. “Quick quick quick help me pick something which would look good on him!” I started flipping frantically through racks of clothes. My friend just stood at the entrance, where I left her, and folded her arms, looking at me with a condescending expression.

“What are you going to do, exactly?”

“Um, obviously I’m gonna have to buy him a shirt or something so that he doesn’t have to go everywhere with a pink ice cream stain on his shirt. Plus,” I glanced up to smile at her, “it’s such a good opportunity to give him a gift.”

Pamela shrugged and sat on a chair.

“Since it’s a gift from you to him, you should pick it out personally, no?”

I stuck my tongue out at her. She was right, though. I really wanted to pick out the shirt I would give to Yo Seob by myself.

I finally saw a shirt which was absolutely perfect. A plain white shirt, with a cartoon of a smiling ice cream cone at the front. It was pink too, like the one I had smashed against his shirt. I flipped the hanger and turned towards Pamela.

“Hey, Pam, what do you think about this? Isn’t it perfect?”

She chuckled.

“Well, I guess. But I don’t see the difference between this and the one he’s already wearing now.”

“Haha whatever, I’m going to buy this. It will totally remind him of me.” I smiled down at the shirt and went to pay for it.

I rushed back into the ice cream store, panting. I spotted Yo Seob’s fiery orange hair at a table by the window, surrounded by the other members. He at a chocolate ice cream cone while he laughed at something the other members had said.

I gulped and walked over. He glanced up and waved at me with a smile.

“A-annyeong haseyo…” I mumbled and bowed to the members. They returned the gesture, but I didn’t miss the confused looks which passed between them. My heart pounded in my chest.

“Everybody, this is the girl who spilled ice cream on me earlier.” Yo Seob piped up, seeming cheerful. He pointed to the bag in my hands. “What’s that? Is that for me?”

I nodded and shyly held it out to him.

“Woah, daebak. You sure are fast.” He passed his ice cream to Jun Hyung beside him, who snuck a bite as Yo Seob turned to me. “Kamsahamnida~” He received the bag with both hands. “Can I open it now?” He raised one eyebrow.

“Ne, o-of course.” I stammered.

He gave me an adorably happy smile and pulled out the shirt from the bag, unfolding it with a flourish. Then he broke out into laughter.

“Kamsahamnida, it’s very cute.” His eyes met mine, before he flipped it around to show the other members. “Yah, aedeul, isn’t this just super adorable?” The other members burst out laughing as well.

“Woah, it’s so appropriate.” Dong Woon said, reaching out to touch the shirt.

“Daebak.” Ki Kwang turned to me and gave me two thumbs up.

I smiled nervously and turned to look at Pamela, who winked back.

“Then, I’ll be going. Have a nice day. I’m sorry about your shirt.” I bowed again.

“That’s okay, I like this shirt better anyway.” Yo Seob gestured to the ice cream shirt. “By the way, what’s your name?”

“My name?” I was a bit taken aback. Yo Seob nodded. “It…it’s Kelly.”

“Kelly? You’re not Korean, are you?”

I shook my head.

“Oh, in that case, enjoy your stay in Korea! It was nice meeting you. Annyeong!” He waved at me enthusiastically.

“Annyeong!” The other members piped up as well.

I bowed again and started making my way towards my friend. My excitement was mirrored in her expression.

Best. Vacation. Ever.