Apology...Accepted?

I'm Mad At You

 

Knock knock.

“Yoseob, please, let me talk to you.” Junhyung pleaded, standing outside the door.

No answer.

“Please. I just want to—“ Junhyung didn’t know what he wanted. “I just want to talk. Please.”

A soft ruffling inside the door told Junhyung Yoseob was listening but nothing indicated a response from the person inside.

Frustrated, Junhyung decided to go for another way of persuasion. “Ya, I swear if you don’t open up this door right now, I’m going to burst it open. Okay? I’m not kidding. On the count of one…two…th—OH!”

The door opened unexpectedly, causing Junhyung to fall inside the room, right against Yoseob.

With the speed of light, Yoseob’s arms caught him, making sure he didn’t crash to the floor. In Yoseob’s sturdy arms, Junhyung felt safe. Once he was steady on his feet though, Yoseob’s hands left as quickly as they appeared, leaving Junhyung dazed, confused, and disappointed.

A prolonged silence filled the enclosed space, leaving both people in the room feeling awkward.

“You wanted to talk?” Yoseob broke the quietness, his voice cold, as if he were talking to a stranger, not his best friend.

Now inside the room, with Yoseob, Junhyung realized he didn’t know what he was going to say.

“I…Yoseob…you know that I…” Junhyung broke off, staring at Yoseob’s tired, skinny, and emotionless face. When had this happened? And why had he not noticed sooner?

“No Junhyung, these days, I never know anything about you anymore.” Yoseob murmured, letting his gaze fall to the floor.

The words came as a huge blow to Junhyung. “Wh...what?”

“Forget it.” Yoseob said, louder this time. He tried to move past Junhyung, but for once, Junhyung moved quickly, sliding his body to block the door.

“Wait! Yoseob…Seobbie! It’s…it’s not like that. I…I…” Once again, Junhyung was at a lost for words.

“It’s not like that? What is it like then? You just don’t want to spend time with me? Is that it? You could have just told me. I thought…I thought I could trust you.” Yoseob’s accusing and hurt eyes hit Junhyung like bullets.

Junhyung knew he couldn’t let this go. The words spilled out of him. “No! Yoseob…it’s not like that. At all. I’ve been working at the studio. For the album. It…Shinsadong Tiger hyung asked me to look over some things and I’ve been working on lyrics and…I’m sorry. It’s not an excuse. It’s a ty excuse, I know that. Yoseob, I would never lie to you. I just…, how do I say this. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. That wasn’t my intention at all. If I had known…I’m sorry.”

Yoseob interrupted Junhyung’s messy apology with a small giggle. Junhyung looked up in surprise, thinking he might have heard wrong. But there was Yoseob, a small smile on his face, his eyes lit up again, the life returning to him.

“Y…Yoseob?” Junhyung asked, wondering if the boy was out of his mind.

“It’s okay, Junnie. I believe you. You don’t have to keep on apologizing.” Yoseob smiled at him.

Junhyung released a sigh. Was he relieved? Of course. But…but something was still wrong. He wasn’t finished yet. There was one more thing he had to get off his chest. The most important thing. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Short chapter, sorry >< BUT I promise to update again before the end of this week ^^ cuz Thanksgiving Break is FINALLY here so I have more time to write :D