Coward

Star-crossed

 

 

"Do you think maybe we shouldn't do this anymore, Oppa?" she questions, brown hair fanning around her like caramel veil.
 
Chanyeol sighs, rolling over in his tangled sheets and puts his arm around the younger girl, "And, why not?"
 
Jungmi frowns, her pretty face twisting unhappily. "My mother knows about us."
 
 
 
This shakes him. Granted that his girlfriend had her moments, but in comparison to the older Ms. Lee, Jungmi was an angel.
The widow was a mother of three, raising her children alone, since the untimely death of her wealthy husband.
 
Although the Lee's weren't half as well-off as they had been before the loss of Jungmi's late father, Ms. Lee still liked to play rich.
It was unfortunate, considering the only money they had, was the money left after her husband's passing and she was going through it like it was going out of style.
 
So, Ms. Lee had devised a plan.
A brilliant pitch, of marrying her only daughter off to the only son of the Kim family.
Unbeknownst to her mother, Jungmi was already taken.
 
Chanyeol is not wealthy. He was not born into a family of tasteful breeding.
He was a guitarist. He had gigs at clubs and bars, and sometimes did street performances.
Anything but what the mother of a rich family wanted as her daughter's lover.
 
Naturally Ms. Lee had not approved.
 
The first meeting at the Lee household's annual garden party had not quite gone as Jungmi and Chanyeol had planned.
But, he couldn't be blamed for not knowing a suit was the recommended attire for the occasion.
The ripped skinny jeans and plaid button down had not gone over well with Ms. Lee or their guests.
 
 
 
"You're breaking up with me then?" Chanyeol asks, and his heart is breaking because Jungmi is my everything.
 
His face falls, the usually unwavering smile leaving his lips.
 
"No. I---" she cuts herself off and kisses him then. Her fingers weaving into his hair and pressing his back against the worn out mattress.
 
"I'm not breaking up with you, Yeol. I love you." And, she proves it with the meeting of lips on lips and hips meeting hips.
 
The worries melt away and the copper haired giant curls up beside her, massive arms winding around her tiny waist, as Jungmi blinks back tears.
 
"I love you. I love you. I love you." She wants him to remember that.
 
And, in the morning his bed is empty.
 
The only trace of her ever having been there is the note on his bedside table.
 
I'm sorry, baby. I love you. And, her signature scribbled at the bottom.
 
 
 
The seat to the right of her window-side one becomes occupied, as the dark haired son of the Kim Family settles down at her side.
 
"Did you say goodbye to him?" Jongin asks, frowning at his fiance's tear stricken face.
 
Jungmi frowns, shaking her head, "No..." she tells him. "I'm a coward."