Chapter 1

The Zhang Siblings

Chapter 1

 

(A/N: Light grey words are thoughts)



Mei's POV
      "... Talk back again and you'll be punished twice as much!" screamed the older lady, also known as my mother. Today was just a normal day in my life. The constant abuse and lectures from the horrible people I call my parents. My bedroom door shuts and I make my way to the first aid kit to treat my scars, wounds, and bruises. I could feel the pain all over my body aching because of the beating today. Taking the first aid kit out of the drawer, an old photo appeared and dropped to the floor. It was a picture of my brother Yixing and I at the airport four years ago, when he left for Seoul to become a trainee. Tears welled up in my eyes as I held the photo close to my face. I missed my brother a lot, he was the only person I ever considered family. He's been through thick and thin with me since I could remember. Maybe it's time for me to leave this hell hole and live with my brother, instead of dealing with all of this drama here.

11PM
    So about leaving this hell hole, and going to live with my brother, I actually meant it. As I slowly open the window to avoid creaking sounds, I threw my luggage and backpack out onto the grass, then let myself climb down the old house. I took all of my luggage and ran to the bus stop. As I got onto the bus, I looked back to see if my parents were there. Lucky me, there's no sign of those horrible people.  After the long bus ride, I finally  arrived at the airport. My mind, soul and body felt free as I walk into the airport, it felt as if I was just released from prison after a long time, my parents were the "stay at home type," so I never got to explore the real world. Enough of my life story, now all I needed to do was wait and board for my flight.


 

12PM (Midnight)

      "... Flight to Thailand; please report to the south terminal, we are boarding now".
Well it's been nice living in China, but it's time for me to say goodbye to this place I called "home", and find my brother. Why am I going to Thailand you ask? Well Yixing's group EXO will be promoting in Thailand today in a couple hours, and I will be attending the fan-sign meeting! To be honest, his group is full of handsome boys, or so I heard. So I might as well take this chance to see their gorgeous faces, right? After the long 5 hour ride, I finally arrived in Thailand. It was only a couple more hours until EXO's fan-sign meeting, so I might as well use this time wisely to explore the city. Once I stepped my foot outside of the airport, I felt free for the first time. It amazes me that I actually took a chance, to leave  the evil witch and her husband. I, Zhang Mei Cho,  has finally broke the walls that isolated me from life.

 

Thailand

           Since I was at a small age, I always wanted to go on vacation. Even though I'm kind of on a runaway mission, I'm still going to explore around the city since I have the chance! Hours past, and I realized it was almost time for EXO's fansign-meeting. I have this nervous feeling in myself, but whatever. Shake it off Mei Cho. You are meeting your brother, he'll of course remember you. My brother's company really should lower the price of their tickets -.-. I mean like $200 for a fansign-meeting and I had to pay extra if I wanted to see them perform?? I swear, I'll be broke before I leave Thailand. The crowd was HUGE, OH MY GOSH. I think there's more then some hundred thousand people, more like millions. A little exaggerrated, but trying to get your way to the VIP section for the fansign-meeting is not that easy. After 67882421352132 minutes, I finally reach the VIP line. I see 12 handsome boys sitting in a row smiling and waving. My eyes wandered from each guy, until it stops at the end of the row. Zhang Yixing, my brother, is up there. Memories slid past my brain, tears started welling up in my eyes. Zhang Mei Cho, why are you crying? You finally get to see your brother and you're standing here about to ball your eyes out. I shake off the bad feeling, and moved along the line. Sadly I am the last person in-line, because I at walking through big crowds of crazy fans. After all of that useless thinking, I just realized that I am the next person to come up onto the stage. I am guessing from the first person I meet, that his bandmates are Korean. He introduced his name as SuHo. Luckily for me, I took Korean since i was little, so I was able to conversate with him. After moving though half of them, I noticed I was so close, but so far away from Yixing. I noticed that the other half of his band looked Chinese, judging from the way they're speaking to each other. The guy infront of me who is signing my CD is very baby-faced. He intorduced himself as LuHan.
"Who is this for?" LuHan asked in Thai.
"This is for Zhang Mei Cho please" I replied loudly in Chinese (Mandarin), due to the fangirls screaming -.-.
"You speak Mandarin? And Okay." He replied with a warm smile, I nodded at his question
.
Next, some guy name Kris was signing my CD. He had a weird look on him, like he was irritated or something, but whatever. He noticed that I kept staring at Yixing (Yixing was the next and last person).
"Lay is your bias?" He asked in a montone voice (in English)
"Sure, whatever you say." I spat back in English
"Tch, crazy fangirl." Kris said quietly to himself, but loud enough for me to hear -.-
As Kris gave me my CD I passed my CD over to Yixing. My heart was feeling tight, and tears started to form slowly. He didn't bother to look up, he was busy looking for his page so he can sign it quickly. Control your feelings Mei Cho, it's Yixing, your brother.
"Can I ask who this is to?" He asked in bad English.
"Yixing gege." I said in a whisper voice.
"Your Chinese is pretty good, but really who is this to?" He asked in a rushed voice without looking up.
"Yixing gege, do you not recognize my voice?" I answered, as tears formed faster in my eyes.
"Uhh no not really, but maybe It will help if you tell me your name." He replied kind of irritated.
I noticed all of EXO was glancing at me. Since you want my name, here it it. Don't tell me my name doesn't ring a bell.
"My name is Zhang Mei Cho. Or Mei Cho." I answered loud and clear in Vietnamese. That's right, Vietnamese. Our real parents were some-what Vietnamese, so we spoke Viet at home. Yixing looks up at me, his jaws dropped and he stared at me.
"Now do you remember me?" I asked in Mandarin this time, as I let a tear drop from my right eye.
Zhang Yixing, do you remember me? I'm your sister, Zhang Mei Cho.