16th Revenge: The Truth

A Bacon’s Revenge [ON HOLD]

16th Revenge: The Truth

 

 

Minsu’s POV

 

“Oh my God, cuz! You’re the only person I know who can smile after you get bullied. Aigoo.” Bomi said when I told her what happened between me and Baekhyun.

 

We’re now here at the canteen, having lunch. My hair was a bit wet and also a small part of my uniform. People were staring at me but I don’t really care.

 

I just smiled at her. “This is nothing. At least he approached me again.”

 

She rolled her eyes. “I can’t believe you. You’re crazy.”

 

I was about to talk back when Kai suddenly appears on my side. “I heard what happened. Are you okay?” He sat next to me. He’s worried. I can see it through his expression.

 

The smile on my face faded. I composed myself before he caught me. “I’m fine. You have nothing to worry about.” I looked over Bomi, she turns silent while eating.

 

“I can talk to Baekhyun if you want.” I heard Kai said.

 

“No. Don’t do that.”

 

“But he has no right to do this to you. Look at yourself, you’re all wet. He’s too much.”

 

I faced him. “I know you were concerned about me. But I don’t want you to get involve. Just let him be.” And then I continued my food that I was eating.

 

“He won’t stop bothering you, Minsu.” It was almost a whisper when he told me that.

 

That made me looked at him again. “What do you mean?”

 

He looks at me as he made a pause. It took him a minute before he spoke. “Nothing.” And he looks away.

 

Suddenly, I remembered that Kai was Baekhyun’s friend the first time I met him. They came from the same gang. They’ve known each other for a long time now. I’m pretty sure he knows the reason why Baekhyun is bullying me. I’m very sure that he knows everything.

 

I put down my spoon and stared at him. “I know that you knew something I didn’t know. You’re friends with Baekhyun after all. Tell me, why he keeps bullying me?”

 

“Umm..” That moment, the bell rang. “Mianhe.” He stood up and hurriedly run away.

 

“Yah! Come back here!” I called him but he disappeared this instant.

 

“Save by the bell huh?” Bomi laughed.

 

I made a face. “Aish! I will hunt him later. I’ll make sure he won’t be able to escape.” I stood up, “Come on, let’s go back to class.”

 

She nodded as we headed back to our class together.

 

As we entered the classroom, our teacher came next. She started the lesson the moment she stepped on the flat form. I remained unfocused. My mind was out of the class. I’m still thinking on how to hunt Kai.

 

“Ms. Jung, are you listening?” And what will be the reason why Baekhyun’s bullying me?

 

“Ms. Jung Minsu!” I felt Bomi elbowed me from the side. I looked at her. She nodded her head in front. I turned my head to look in front and Oh my gosh! My teacher is staring at me and she’s angry.

 

“You’re not listening to the class, Ms. Jung. What were you thinking about? You seems out of this class.”

 

I lowered my head, “Mianheyo, Seonsaengnim..”

 

“Kindly focus on my class. The next time I caught you not listening again, you need to stay outside. Do you understand, Ms. Jung?”

 

I nodded my head, “Ne, Seonsaengnim.”

 

She clapped. “Okay, let’s go back to our lesson.” And so she did. This time, I listened and tried to understand.

 

***

 

“Class dismissed.” Finally! The moment that I’ve been waiting for has come. When our teacher stepped out of the classroom, I placed my bag on my back.

 

I turned to face Bomi. “Cuz, you go first. I’ll hunt Kai. See you at home, Bye!” I didn’t wait for her to speak to me as I quickly exited the classroom.

 

I even heard her call my name but I didn’t look back nor stopped. I continued walked away until I finally stopped in front of Kai’s classroom.

 

Some students exited the classroom. As i was waiting for Kai to be out, someone that I’m not expecting came out. It’s Baekhyun.

 

He looked at me, expressionless. I only stared back, not knowing what to do. Just then, Kai finally steppes out from the classroom. “Kai!”

 

He looks surprised to see me. But then, he noticed the Baekhyun’s looking at us. “Kaja.” He held my hand and dragged me out of the scene.

 

I couldn’t help myself so I looked back. Baekhyun’s glaring at me, at us. I felt a sudden fear that moment he did that. I focused on my way and didn’t look back to him anymore.

 

I stopped on my tracks when we reached the school garden. Yes, Kai brings me here which is fine with me since I really need to talk to him alone.

 

I removed my hand from his grip as I faced him. “I think you already knew why I waited for you, right?”

 

He simply nodded.

 

“And you need to tell me everything, Kai.” I said firmly.

 

He looked at me for a moment and sighed, “I will. You deserves to know the truth after all.”

 

“Now, start. I’m listening.”

 

He bit his lower lip, “I don’t know how to start this..” And he rubbed the back of his neck.

 

I sighed. “Just start it from the beginning.”

 

“I’m not in the right position to say this. You should figure it out on your own. Honestly, I don’t even understand why you didn’t recognize Baekhyun on the first day of class.”

 

I frowned. “What do you mean?”

 

“Don’t you remember a boy from your childhood days?” He asked me.

 

There was a long pause before I gave him an answer. “Actually, I don’t remember a thing after the accident.”

 

“Accident?” He asked in surprise.

 

I nodded. “Back then when I’m still 9 years old, I got into a car accident with my parents.” I felt a tear trying to escape when I remembered that accident. The car accidents that kills my parents. I closed my eyes, preventing for a single tear to fall down.

 

Kai held my hand, “Gwenchana?”

 

I bit my lower lip. “I’m fine. Tell me the truth now, Kai. Is Baekhyun my friend from the past?”

 

He shook his head and I couldn’t read his expression when he did that. He looks... sad?

 

“Then what?”

 

“You used to bully him during your childhood days, Minsu. That’s why he came back for revenge. He won’t stop until you suffer like what you’ve done to him.”

 

So, the little boy in my dream is Baekhyun? That really happens to me from the past? It’s not just a dream? It was actually a real nightmare!

 

I shook my head. “No, you’re lying.”

 

“I’m not, Minsu. We transferred in this school to make your life miserable. But I couldn’t bear to do that especially to you. That’s why I’m not friend with Baekhyun anymore. He didn’t like it. He wants to hurt you. He wants you to pay for what you’ve done to him before. He’s the Bacon you used to bully during your childhood days. He won’t stop until you beg for him. I tried to stop him but he’s already locked up from the past. He can’t just forget how you bully him before. He didn’t enjoy his childhood days because of the girl named Jung Minsu, because of you. That’s what he said to me.” He sighed, “I don’t know how to stop him anymore. That’s why I’m here to at least protect you from him.” He squeeze my hand. “Don’t worry, I won’t let him hurt you.”

 

I dropped my hand from his grip. I can’t believe him. Tell me, this is not happening. Tell me that Kai is lying about what he said just now.

 

I shook my head. “That’s not true.”

 

“I’m saying the truth, Minsu. I know it’s hard for you to believe but I’m really saying the truth to you. Baekhyun hates you so much.”

 

I kept shaking my head as I slowly turned around and started walking away.

 

Kai followed behind. “I’ll walk you home.”

 

“No.”

 

“But I can’t let you go alone. At least not in this state.”

 

“Please, Kai. I want to be alone right now. Thanks for telling me the truth anyway. Bye.” With that, he finally stopped on his tracks as I walked away.

 

Tears started to fall. Baekhyun hates me so much? I used to bully him from the past? Why did I do that to him? Am I really that evil when I was a child? Is Kai really saying the truth? Am I really that bad?

 

Tears keeps falling down from my eyes as I kept walking. I felt my heart sunk. I felt heavy inside my chest.

 

Beep! Beep! Beep!

 

I heard a loud sound from my side but that didn’t stopped me on walking. My vision started to blur because of my tears. But I could see a strong light coming from the direction of the sound I’m hearing. What’s happening?

 

“Watch out!” That’s a man’s voice. Despite of having this heavy feeling, I still managed to looked back.

 

Bacon...” The next thing I knew, everything went black.