Lust

Lust

                Kyuhyun stays silent, watching as she flipped through the catalogue. She turns page by page but Kyuhyun knows better. She is supposedly searching for something, supposedly helping Jessica choose the color for the gowns of the rest of the female entourage. It is her job as maid of honor after all and Jessica has already announced that she trusts her best friend’s judgment. Yet, Kyuhyun has lost count of the many glances she has sent his way when she thinks he isn’t looking.

Interesting.

“Yah!” Heechul hisses under his breath, elbowing him quite painfully in the ribs. “Focus, Kyuhyun. You’re supposed to be here as my best man, not to check out the maid of honor.”

“Well, you’re not doing anything at the moment so I’m just going to sit here.” He smirks, reluctantly pulling his attention off of her.

“Try not to gawk. It’s rude.”

The younger man makes a face, reaching for a random magazine on the table. Rolling it up, he whacks his best friend with it. “Yah!”

Heechul makes a face back, rubbing the area on his arm that he just hit. “You know, ‘hello’ is always a good place to start.”

An eyebrow arches. “Since when were you a love guru?”

He merely shakes his head. “You know, Kyu, she’s a smart, beautiful, sweet, kind, God-fearing lady. She’s Jessica’s best friend and that means, she’s on my list of people to protect. Don’t hurt her, Kyu. Don’t use her either. She deserves more than that.”

“Who said I want her?”

“The look on your face says it all, dip.”

“Well, head, I can at least promise you that I won’t do anything to her that she doesn’t want me to do.” Kyuhyun smirks again.

                Heechul holds back his reply, partly because he knows Kyuhyun is telling the truth. As much as a ladies’ man his best friend is and will always be from the looks of it, he has never held a woman against her will. A part of Heechul reasons out that maybe – just maybe – she is the one who can make him change to the man who is capable of settling down and have a family one day. It’s a long shot for now but it isn’t impossible.

“Just remember, Kyu. She’s one in a million. So take care of her if ever… you know.” He leaves it that, getting up from the sofa as Jessica calls for him to finalize the venue details with their wedding planner.

                Kyuhyun sighs, running a hand down his face. He hasn’t expected that conversation between him and Heechul at all. He isn’t the one who usually thinks of the intention behind his every move. But Heechul’s words force him to do just that. With all blunt honesty, he finds her attractive – her long, slender legs are enticing, her long silky brown hair is calling for his fingers, her plump strawberry coloured lips are begging to be kissed. This attraction that he has towards her is purely physical and he can fully blame that on not even knowing her personally. Sure, Jessica has introduced them earlier but it was so rushed that Kyuhyun feels like it doesn’t count.

So when he catches her yet again sneak a glance at him, Kyuhyun makes up his mind.

                He gets up from the sofa and strides across the room to where she is. Clearing his throat to get her attention, he fights the urge to smirk yet again when he registers the look of shock that fleets fast across her beautiful face and the faint blush forming in her cheeks. He waits until she abandons the catalogue on her lap before he reaches a hand out to her.

“Hey.” Kyuhyun smiles as politely as he can muster, betraying his attraction to the tall brunette beauty. “I’m Cho Kyuhyun, Kim Heedumb’s best friend and best man.”

An amused yet shy giggle escapes her lips and for a moment, that is all he can focus on. She lifts her hand to meet his and they shake hands. Kyuhyun stiffens lightly as he feels this zap of electricity run through his body. He wonders if she feels it to. “I’m Choi Sooyoung, Jessica’s best friend and maid of honor.”

He is once again captivated by her voice. He is certain that it’s one of the most beautiful he has ever heard. “Would you mind if I join you?”

Kyuhyun can see that she has this urge to ask why but she instead bites her lip before she can. He finds that the simply action can drive him insane. “Sure, I guess.”

                The dark haired man flashes her a grateful smile as he sits by her side, mindful to keep some distance between them. It surprises him how he’s such a gentleman right now when he usually won’t care about being so close to a woman he’s hitting on. But Heechul’s words hit hard and he doesn’t know if he’s going to thank his best friend or kick hiss all the way to where the sun doesn’t shin. Kyuhyun watches as Sooyoung goes back to browsing the catalogue – he notes that she’s doing it more pointedly – with the blush still on her cheeks. He chuckles under his breath and he moves closer to see the catalogue.

“Have you found anything you like?”

Much to his surprise, she shuts the catalogue and puts in on the coffee table. With a grin on her face that spoke volumes, she replies. “Did you know that ‘lust’ is actually a name of a color? Jessica’s going to love it. I think it’s going to be new favourite color.”

                Kyuhyun struggles to keep his jaw in place as she gets off the sofa, heading off to Jessica to tell her the chosen color. He remembers that he has cleaned his ears that morning and therefore, he hasn’t heard things. Choi Sooyoung has successfully rendered him speechless by flirting with him. With that fact in mind, added by the darker blush on her cheeks as she speaks to Jessica, Kyuhyun can’t help but smile.

She so wants him too.

                As tempted as he is just to drag her to somewhere private and explore that attraction they have, he holds back and it shocks him to his core. Yet again, Heechul’s words echo in his minds. She’s one in a million. Kyuhyun can tell as early as now that his best friend is right. Kyuhyun sighs, looking away from her just so he can gather his scattered thoughts.

Did you know that lust is actually a name of a color?

                He picks up the heavy catalogue and he lets out a thankful breath when he realizes that the colors are arranged alphabetically. It doesn’t take him long to find the colour she has chosen and his guess is confirmed. Lust is a shade of red. He isn’t surprised that it is so. Kyuhyun personally finds the color red... inviting.

Red is the color of danger.

Red is the color of pain.

Red is the color of lust.

But most importantly, red is the color of love.

                With that, he returns the catalogue to the table and leaves his seat to head to where Heechul, Jessica, Sooyoung and the wedding planner are, reaching the group just in time to hear the wedding planner to tell Sooyoung to take a look at sample fabrics of her chosen color. Kyuhyun wastes no time and offers to help the maid of honor, earning him an arched eyebrow from Jessica, a look of honest surprise from Heechul and deeper shade of crimson on Sooyoung’s perfect cheeks.

Kyuhyun finds himself thinking that he loves it when she blushes.

And then there’s this new fuzzy yet pleasant feeling in him and he finds himself believing that he can fall in love with this woman.

Maybe.

Probably.