Final

The Heart of the Leader

 

Here's another random ot5 fic. This is sort of messed up, since I wasn't thinking straight while writing this. Too much emotion i guess. Oh and sorry for the typos, I'll fix them soom. Anyway, enjoyyy! :)

~~~

 
 
The clear night sky was colored with stars that were shining as bright as ever. The city lights adding up to the beauty that the night already held. He looks back inside the dorm and sees the four people he held dearest and from beautiful, the night turned picture perfect. This view was priceless. 
 
"Earth to Yunho! Get in here already, Jaejoong made dinner." Yoochun calls out.
He couldn't help the smile slowly forming on his lips. He walks in to the warmth of the dorm and heads straight to where the others were. 
"Wow, this smells amazing, Jae." 
"It will be even better once you eat it, hyung. This is like a little piece of heaven, seriously." Changmin mutters through a mouthful of the dukkboki and the room was filled with the melody of their laughters combined. It was music to the leader's ears. This was his dysfunctional family and he wouldn't have them any other way. 
 
 
-
Yoochun was asleep at the back of the van with Junsu's head rested comfortably on his chest. Changmin was busy playing with his game console. Jaejoong's arms were wrapped tightly around his waist, face buried in his neck. Yunho runs his hand through Jaejoong's hair, loving how it felt. 
"Jaejoong hyung. I'm hungry." Changmin and the blackhole he calls his stomach. 
Jaejoong slowly gets up, without removing his arms around the leader. 
"I'll make you food when we gwt home, Minnie." 
Yunho catches a glimpse of the carefree smile on the maknae's face and he feels himself smile as well. 
"We could ordder pizza, you know." Yunho says loudly,  failing to hide the amusement in his voice, knowing fully well that the mention of pizza would wake up the two at the back. Sure enough, they did.
"I heard pizza!" Yoochun and Junsu say at the same time, both already bouncing up and down their seats. 
Changmin then leans forward to where Yunho was, the smile never leaving his face, his eyes uneven. 
"Thanks hyung. You're the best." 
Changmin will always be the maknae. Strong as he seems, he still need his hyungs and he knows it. Yunho knows this and he's more than willing to be there for him at any given time at any given circumstance. 
 
 
-
The music seeps into his system, engulfing him completely. His body moves fluidly, following every beat. His muscles were already complaining, sore from too much dancing. But he had to dance, he wanted to dance. This was his escape.
Suddenly, the music stops and he feels an arm drapped around his shoulder. 
"Junsu? What are you doing here?" Junsu's presence was like a soft blanket, he was so comfortable around him. Maybe because he was more like brother to him. 
"The others have been looking for you," He pasues and hand Yunho a towel. "I knew you'd be here."
Junsu knows him so well, he can read him like a book. The thought of someone seeing you for who you are is overwhelmingly heart warming. That's what Junsu does best, warm people's hearts. 
The younger plays the music again and this time, they dance together. Two different worlds colliding and breaking barriers with their swift movements. The music moves in time with them. Two grown boys doing what they do best. Together. They're such a breathtaking sight to see.
 
 
-
The sound of piano echoes all around the room, and he knew at once wher it was coming from. He sees Yoochun sitting comfortably in front of the piano, eyes closed, fingers moving gracefully, pressing every key with more much passion than anybody could ever posses. It was beautiful.
When the song stops, Yunho finds himself longing for more. 
"That sounded great, Chun." He places a hand on his friend's shoulder. The younger looks up and smiles. "Thanks Yun. It means a lot coming from you." He plays it a second time, and Yunho hums along. Too soon. the song ended again.
The silence that enveloped them was comfortable. No words were needed. They've been friends for too long to be awkward. This was just one of those moments when each other's company was enough. Yoochun had Yunho's back, and Yunho had Yoochun's. It's an amazing truth.
 
 
 
"I love you, Yun." Jaejoong mumbles. They were in Yunho's room, wrapped closely around each other's loving arms. Yunho pulls Jaejoong even closer, eliminating any space that was between them before. 
"I love you too, Jae." He plants a warm kiss on his lover's forehead. He closes his eyes and listens closely. Loving how their hearts beat in time together. 
"Yunho," Jaejoong's voice was quiet. Almost a whisper but Yunho heard it clearly. "Hmm." 
"Can you promise me something?" Yunho's breathing hitches momentarily, but he recovers just as quickly. 
"Anything for you, Jae." 
"Don't give up on me, please? Ever?" 
He felt his heart sink. Why did that sound like a goodbye to him? 
He tucks a finger under Jaejoong's chin and tilts his head up so he's looking straight into Yunho's eyes. 
"I will never give up on you, Kim Jaejoong. Never. You mean the world to me. Hell, you mean more than the world to me. I love you, that's never gonna change. Remember that." 
Jaejoong moves up to plant a gelntle kiss on his lips and slowly runs his hand through the side of Yunho's face. 
"Thank you. I love you too, Yunho. More than you'll ever know." 
And in the back of Yunho's mind he wished that this moment would never end. Something inside him was telling him to be scared, and he was. Scared of what might happen the moment they wake up the next morning. 
 
 
-
As they take the stage, the lights are dimmed and his eyes were roaming around. He finds the familiar figures of Junsu, Yoochun, Jaejoong and Changmin to his right and he feels himslef relax. He breathes in and closes his eyes knowing full well that they deserved, more than anyone, to be standing there. 
 
The lights hit their faces and they hear the approving roar of the crowd. He opens his eyes to find the most amazing sea of red before them and in a matter of seconds, his heart swells with pride. The song starts and their voices create an amazing blend. Unexplainably mindblowing. He'd willingly do this for the rest of his life as long as he was doing it with these four people forever. Yunho was filled with genuine joy. 
 
"We are Dong Bang Shin Ki!"

 
-
And in a blink of an eye, everything that would never happen, happened.  
 
 
 
Things weren't going the way they used to be. It was all so confusing and painful at the same time. As a leader, he's sworn to protect s no matter what. But this situation was different. He couldn't comprehend what was happening. He couldn't understand why this was all happening. He was more than right to be scared, cause he was losing the very thing he'd held close to his heart. 
 
And all too soon, Yunho gets to watch the only thing that could ever make him happy slowly slip out of his fingers. 
 
 
How do you end a beautiful song when you've been singing it for the rest of your life as you know it? How do you rewrite a story that you've been writting since the day your dream started to take shape? How do you begin to find the guts to leave it all behind?
 
If you knew how things would turn out, would you even want to find out? 
 
 
-
He closes his eyes, exhausted and heart broken. 
Sometimes it's better when things aren't perfect. At least you know that it's real. But sometimes reality is too tough. But then again, the heart of DongBangShinKi's leader is one that will endure all for their family. 
He holds back his tears and smiles a painful smile then whispers to himself,

"We'll find our way back."