I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

Her brown eyes stared up at the sky as a smile settled upon her lips. The dark clouds loomed over the sky, blocking the sun, but she always felt that rain was a good sign. It was the sign that something good was about to happen to her. Her phone buzzed and she glanced down, before her smile widened. 

Be at the park in half an hour? Need to tell you something 

                                                                                            -Hae

Yuri immediately sprang away from her window and pulled on her favourite dress. On second thought, she picked up her floaty black and sea-blue sparkly dress. A gift from Donghae. He once said that it was meant for her, and her alone. She picked up her black heels and slipped them on before walking out of her room. No one else was in the dorm but her, so she left a note on the counter-top so that Taeyeon would not worry. 

Taeyeon-unnie, I'll be meeting with Hae Oppa :) Don't worry about me ^^ 

                                                                                                -Yul 

She grabbed an umbrella, before dashing out of the house. She quickly made her way to park, and sat at their spot. She smiled happily as she remembered this spot and the fond memories that she remembered: 

=========================================================================================================================

She was sitting on the bench happily, looking up at the sky. She didn't feel a presence behind her until a voice startled her, "Are you back here again?" 

"Donghae oppa, stop scaring me. I can't believe I fell for that again," She pouted as Donghae sat down next to her. 

"Yuri-ah, I want to tell you something," 

"Neh oppa?" She smiled at him, curious. Donghae was never one to beat about the bush, he was acting odd today. 

"Yuri-ah, I wanted to ask you what you think about me?" He began shyly.

"Hm... Oppa is really nice, and kind and sweet. You're also a good singer, dancer and songwriting and actor! Oppa is also very handsome," Yuri smiled. 

"Jinjja?? You think I'm handsome?" Donghae suddenly burst out excitedly. 

Yuri nodded. 

"It's just that, I... I like you Yuri-ah. I've liked you a alot for a while now. So, will you accept me?" Donghae looked down at his hands anxiously, before looking up at her shocked expression.

She was shocked for about five seconds before nodding slowly, the doubt clearing from her face. "I think, we can try?" 

Despite the hesitant tone in her voice, Donghae was still excited and he threw his arms around her. She laughed before hugging him back tightly.

=============================================================================================================================

Yuri went back to her dorm that night, and once she entered the dorm, Yoona shouted, "UNNIE! YOU GOT A FLOWER!!!" 

She hurried into the living room where everyone was gathered and stared dumbfounded at the Forget-Me-Not flower. It was beautiful. She picked up the note and read it, a smile spreading across her face. 

Hope you like flower <3 

                               -Hae 

She smiled. 

Since then, she received a Forget-Me-Not flower everyday, until she had 99 of them. When the 100 one came, it was attached with a note that said, 'Happy 100th day anniversary! Meet me at the park, neh? Saranghae! -Hae

She immediately went to the park and smiled when she saw their bench decorated beautifully with flowers. Donghae was waiting for her and when she came, she hugged him tightly and said, "Oppa, this is amazing!!! Saranghaeyo!" 

==============================================================================================================================

They were lying back-down on the grass as they stared up at the clouds in the sky. She giggled happily as she pointed out, "Oppa, look! That cloud looks like a fish!" 

"YAH!" Donghae pouted unhappily, but his frown faded when he saw Yuri's carefree expression. 

"Oppa, look! That cloud is shaped like a heart! It's so pretty!" She exclaimed excitedly, before taking out her phone and taking a picture of the cloud.

"Yuri-ah, promise me something," Donghae said to her. She looked at him curiously, and he continued, "Promise me that you will never ever stop loving me forever and ever! Arasseo?" 

"Of course oppa!" She shouted happily. Then she met his gaze and asked, "Will you promise that too?"

"Neh, I promise to love you Kwon Yuri! From now till forever, I will always love you!" He promised her.

==============================================================================================================================

Yuri heard footsteps and she turned around. Donghae was there, but to her surprise, so was Yoona. 

"Yuri-ah, did you wait long?" Donghae broke the silence as he stared at her. He was not surprised at her confused reaction to Yoona's presence, but he smiled when she shook her head. 

She stood up to embrace him but he stopped her. Turning to Yoona, Donghae whispered to Yoona, "Go on ahead first. I'll talk to her." Yoona nodded, before giving Yuri a tight hug.

"Oppa, waeyo? Why was Yoona here?" Yuri's confusion grew by the minute. 

"Yuri, I can't do this anymore. I... I just don't feel the same way I feel towards you anymore," Donghae blurted out.

Yuri's questions stopped, and she stared at him wide-eyed. 

"What?" Her voice cracked slightly.

"I don't love you anymore. I'm sorry," Donghae bowed his head as he walked away from her. 

As he retreated away from her, a drop of water fell from the sky, onto her shoulder. Instead of running for shelter or opening her umbrella, she stood rooted to the spot and started at Donghae's retreating figure. 

His words echoed in her head. 

'From now till forever, I will always love you." 

Her heart palpitated as she clenched her fists. Oppa, you lied. You're not sorry at all. 

Her tears were ready to fall, but she would not allow them to. She took a deep breath before walking away in the rain, crushing the Forget-Me-Not flower under her heel. 

The only thought in her mind, "He didn't even remember... our anniversary." 

==============================================================================================================================

His eyes followed her figure as she walked away. His heart ached, but his mind knew that it was only right to let her go. She deserved better. He promised to love her forever, and he would, he would always love her. But she won't know it.

"Yuri-ah, I'm really sorry" 

 

 

 

==============================================================================================================================

Well, what did you think? Comments please! :D 

Ohh, and there IS such a thing as a Forget-Me-Not flower. I happened to stumble across it :) It's really pretty ,and it's blue (Donghae's favourite colour!) 

Hope you all liked this fic :) I'll try to be back soon!