Belief in Stuffed Chicken

Lupunzel, Lupunzel Let Down Your Long Hair!

cr: ┋Sparkle Moon Graphics┋ by Dream-

---

 

Luhan looks up with a shy grin, because his stomach just grumbles; showing the world how it wants to be filled with food. Kai returns the grin and tugs their clasped hands, "C'mon! I'll show you a place to get the best stuffed chicken ever!"

And they giggle their way to a little wooden shop hidden behind the big willow tree, Luhan can already smell the delicious chicken. Yum yum.

 

They come just in the right time when the owner brings out at least ten plates of whole stuffed chicken. Luhan drools.

"Oh, welcome love birds! Come, come! Have a sit here!"

The chubby granny waves her free hand at them and motions to the chairs. Luhan has a slight thought that she was Baozi's grandma. Baozi looks calm and chubby and green as usual on his left shoulder.

"Everyone's celebrating my grandson's birthday right now! This is Sehunnie!" she taps a young looking man around Kai's age, really pale skin and somehow killing eyes. "Sehunnie, say hi! Oh wait, is that Jonginnie I spot? Please excuse my glasses, dear. Why don't you introduce your beautiful princess there?" she smiles and Kai nods. Luhan still drooling.

"It's Kai, Nanny Oh.." Kai presses his thick lips into a thin line before continuing, "Nice to see you again Nanny Oh! And I really missed your stuffed chicken!" Kai grins, "And this is Luhan! He's not my princess, we're just...kind of...giving benefits to each other" he chuckles. It sounds really wrong and everyone's mind wander to Kai and Luhan getting it on but none speaks out, only replying with smiles and kind gestures for them to take a seat.

"By the way, happy birthday Sehun-ah!"

Kai shouts as he takes a seat, Sehun replies by a nod. Luhan finally snaps out of his drool when Kai nudges at his side, slightly yelping.

"I-I'm sorry! Uhm my name is Luhan...and uhm..." his stomach grumbles again, making everyone laughs.

"And you're hungry"

Nanny Oh finishes for him, chuckling as she the whole chicken into small rolls of chicken meat, the filling leaks out (melted cheese, spinach and mushrooms, Luhan noted) and Luhan drools again at the y sight.

"Oh my God!! Mama Chen's cooking is no match for this wonderful stuffed chicken in my mouth!" Luhan squeals and everyone chuckles at his cute expression. Kai smirks, "Told you I'll bring you to the best stuffed chicken ever"

They eat some more, talk some more, and laugh some more. Not realizing the fierce cat-like eyes that have been watching them through the window cracks.

Mama Chen.

 

There are whispers from the bushes behind Chen, so the wizard snaps his head back in alert.

"Chanyeol stop-- I can't see!"

"If my toe is not being pressed by yours, maybe you can!"

The other looks down and let out an 'oh..' before he lift his foot from the said toe.

"Thank you, Byun Baekhyun" Chanyeol mocks and receives a glare from Baekhyun.

They continue to stalk Kai from their bushes, thinking of a way to get him and the crown he took in the little brown bag.

"We are supposed to be there, eating the heavenly stuffed chicken and singing Sehun a birthday song if you just hadn't throw the ing crown to Kai" Baekhyun scoffs.

"Hey! I had no choice, okay! I didn't know Kai would run and took the crown for himself! Beside, we would be dead if I didn't throw it!" Chanyeol pouts, "I want Nanny Oh's stuffed chicken too... Happy birthday, Hun Hun~" he whispers toward the window, to the direction of where Sehun is sitting. Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

Just then, a figure blocks Chanyeol's puppy stare. "What crown?"

Because of the threatening wand at their very nose, Baekhyun and Chanyeol have no choice but to tell about how they stole The Phoebus Lost Prince's Crown, how they escaped from the guards and how Kai took it.

"Interesting..." Chen smirks and retreats the wand from them before continuing, "You see, your friend Kai ran away with my precious son" he points to Luhan from outside the window, "If you two helped me to get my son back, I will give you a dozen crown" he swirls the wand in between his fingers.

"Make it a hundred" Baekhyun voices. The smirk on Chen's lips never left, "I like your greediness, young man"

 

The palace's guards are rummaging the little restaurant, looking under the chairs and tables, and opening every cupboards and places that are hide-able.

"They are not here, Chief!" one of the guards report to the Chief, Suho. He sighs and commands them to get the place tidy just like before they came.

"Thank you for letting us search through your place, we'll go after we tidied up, Mrs.Oh" he smiles gently to Nanny Oh.

"Your welcome, Chief Kim" she replies the smile, "Have some stuffed chicken before you and your men leave, I insist" Suho opens his mouth to reject politely but she already drags him to sit on one of the chairs, "C'mon Joonmyeon-ah, it's Sehunnie's birthday anyway" she sets a plate of stuffed chicken with cream soup and bread in front of him.

 

Kai and Luhan are already far away from the little restaurant. Sehun has helped them to escape from the secret door under the table when they heard horses feet thundering the ground. They sit on a big tree root, panting heavily after the tiring runaway. Though they are now safe from the guards, little did they know, Chen has been following them along with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"Are you sure, he is not your precious daughter?" Chanyeol whispers to Chen, Baekhyun elbows his side. The shoved man turns his head to Baekhyun, mouthed a dramatic 'what' to him, which Baekhyun replies by another dramatic mouthed of 'shut up' Chen just rolls his eyes, "Idiots"

 

Kai gets up and walks to the river nearby, scooping some water into his bottle then sits back next to Luhan.

"Here" he hands Luhan the bottle. Luhan smiles a thanks before he gulps the water down his dry throat.

"I think we should stay here... I mean, it's getting darker, we'll leave in the morning, okay?" Kai says as he takes back the water bottle and drink some. 'Indirect kiss... Shut up!' he almost chokes.

"Uhm okay, Kai" Luhan leans on the tree and sighs.

"I'm going to look for some blocks to make us fire" Kai stands, slightly dusting his pants, "Don't go anywhere okay" he almost ruffles the golden hair but fisted his hand instead to hold the move.

Luhan nods, "Don't take too long... I'm s-scared" Kai just clears his throat before he goes back into the forest for some blocks.

 

"Well well well..." Luhan widen his doe eyes at the voice, "Look who's running away from the safe tower" Chen appears in front of him, "Lu Han"

"Ma--Mama..." Luhan stutters.

 

Kai picks up some blocks and is going back to Luhan and make fire for them, but two pairs of arms grab him.

"Ch-chanyeol?? Baek??" the blocks drop from his hold as they drag and corner him onto a tree.

"You really think you'd get away from us, don't you?" Baekhyun glares and pulls his collar harshly.

"H-hey, Baek I'm not--" but Baekhyun cuts his words, "Not what?" the older hisses. Chanyeol taps his shoulder, "Baekhyun.." he shakes his head when Baekhyun glances at him.

"I'm s-sorry guys... I didn't mean to run from you" Kai rubs his collar after Baekhyun releases the tight grip. "Y-you see.. A beautif-- erm I mean, someone helped me to hide and I'm paying him back by taking him to the town, okay? He said he wants to see the Sky Lanterns Festival..."

"And since when you care about what other people's want?"

"C'mon, Baekki... Don't be too harsh on our Jonginnie" Chanyeol smiles widely to Kai, "We'll let you take him to the town, but we're still be following behind" he pats Kai's head, "Okay?"

Kai nods then picks up the dropped blocks before he walks back to where Luhan is, Baekhyun's whisper of 'We'll be watching you' doesn't help him to gain back his face's color, so he gulps.

 

"I think he likes me..." Luhan droops and plays with his fingers.

"Likes you?" Chen scoffs, "Please, Lupunzel, that's demented" he laughs.

"This is why you never should have left" he steps closer to Luhan, "Dear, this whole romance that you've invented just proves you're too naive to be here" he caresses Luhan's cheek.

"Why would he likes you? Come on now.. Really! Look at you, you think that he's impressed?" Chen gestures to Luhan's shabby clothes. "Don't be a dummyCome with mummy. Mama-"

"No!" Luhan pulls away from Chen's caressing hands.

"No?!" Chen gapes, "Oh. I see how it is! Lupunzel knows best, Lupunzel's so mature nowSuch a clever grown-up. Lupunzel knows best!" he throws his hands in the air as he walks to where Luhan and Kai were sitting. Chen grabs Kai's bag, "Fine, if you're so sure now. Go ahead" he pauses to let his hand searching for the crown inside the bag before showing it to Luhan, "Then give him this!"

It's Luhan's turn to gape now, his mind is putting the little pieces of puzzle together. 'So this is why we were running away from the guards earlier... And why he entered the tower in the first place...' he stares at the crown. Luhan feels like laughing at his stupidity. 'What prince... Stupid' he scoffs in his mind.

"This is why he's here! Don't let him deceive you! Give it to him, watch, you'll see!" Chen gestures at the crown as he corners Luhan. "Trust me, my dear, that's how fast he'll leave youI won't say I told you so, no. Lupunzel knows best! So if he's such a dreamboat, go and put him to the test" he smirks and put the crown back inside the bag before giving it to Luhan's shaky hands.

"If he's lying, don't come crying" Chen says as he disappears to the bushes, "Mama knows best..." his whisper echoes in Luhan's ears.

 

"Luhan, I'm back!"

Kai shouts but he stops his steps when he spots Luhan's sobbing shoulders, he has his face buried in between his knees and Baozi looks worried on his feet, Luhan's ankle in attempt to cheer him up. Kai flees to his side and his golden hair.

"H-hey... Why are you crying? Luhan..."

The worriness spread in his deep voice, making Luhan looks up to him. It's heart breaking to see the beautiful face framed with messy tears, his light brown doe eyes are red and puffy from the crying. Kai can't hold himself to pull Luhan into his embrace.

"Ssshh... Don't cry"

But Kai's gentleness makes Luhan cries harder, he wails on Kai's broad chest. Mama Chen's words keep echoing in his little head, hurting his little innocent heart. He doesn't know why he's like this. Why his heart is beating so fast when he's this close to Kai. Why he likes Kai's soft and thick lips. He thought it's because this is his first time having any interactions with other people beside Mama Chen. Sure, Luhan is aware of his liking toward Kai, but he doesn't know what the actual meaning of like or love is. All Luhan knows is that he wants to be with Kai. He is happy with Kai beside him.

"Luhan..." The younger whispers then gently pushes Luhan away from his embrace, only to cups Luhan's wet cheeks. "Please don't cry..."

Kai wipes the tears as he looks into Luhan's brown eyes. Luhan can see the sincerity through Kai's darker orbs. It's warm and nice. It's different from Mama Chen's eyes. Kai's touches on his skin are gentle, as in real gentle not like Mama Chen's mocking touch. It's soft and loving and... Luhan just can't comprehend the feeling. He likes it. He likes Kai's touches. He wants to be touched by Kai's hands. Luhan blushes when he realizes he's been too immersed into Kai's eyes.

'He can't be lying to me... Can he?'

Luhan sniffs and smiles. It's kind of surprising, to smile that easily after he felt hurt, Luhan thought it'd be hard to smile. But here he is, smiling lovingly, and Kai even smiles back to him, making Luhan's heart beats even faster and messing his mind.

 

---

a/n: did i really stay up the whole night to write half of this chapter...lol xD

sorry for the late update to all of my fics i've been lacking of desire to write, though new ideas keep running in my mind orz please leave some comments/feedback and subscribe if you haven't! thanks, always ;u; <33