Final

Come back to me

Just a quick review on the ending from Stay with me:

 

Jino nodded and smiled. “Yes, me hungry.” Yesung smiled back and picked the bag up. “We will be back.” He said to Ryeowook and kissed him on the lips. Then he turned around and walked towards the door. Jino looked back at his Umma, still curious about everything. His eyes widened as he saw something new. “APPA! APPA!” He screamed into Yesung's ear, making him jump and staring at his son. “What's going on Jino?!” Yesung exclaimed while his heart was beating very fast due to his fright. “Why are you screaming?!!” But Jino didn't care for his fathers shocked face. “LOOK!” He pointed towards his mother. Irritated Yesung spun around, looking at Ryeowook. Just in time to see a small twitch of the left hand and a small movement of the eyelids.

 


_____________________________________________________________________

 


I could not fathom I would ever be without your love

The feeling that I'm feeling now that I don't hear your voice
Or have your touch and kiss your lips 'cause I don't have a choice
Oh, what I wouldn't give to have you lying by my side
Right here, 'cause baby
(We belong together)

 

 

Yesung never knew that he was able to open his eyes that far as he watched Ryeowook stirring and a small groan escaping his lips as he started to slowly regaining consciousness. “Umma....?” Jino stared at the awakening man. His little voice made Yesung realize that he needed to call a doctor and he bent forward to push the button for help. Then he carefully moved a little closer to his husbands bed, looking anxious. He didn't know what he should be doing now as Ryeowook slowly opened his eyes and groaned again.

 

The doctor had told Yesung that if the bedridden man would actually wake up, the last thing he would remember would be the accident. So Yesung was not so frightened when Ryeowook froze for a moment before he uttered a loud scream, opening his eyes in fright. “YESUNG?!” He screamed and immediately the other was by his side. “Sssch... don't be scared, love... I am here. You are not at the accident anymore. They brought you to the hospital and now you are ok.” Yesungs voice was soft and caring as he looked worried at the younger. Ryeowook blinked a few times as he recognized his husband. But there were a few things that seemed off to him.

 

 

When you left I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe
Come back baby, please
'Cause we belong together

 

 

First of all Yesung looked older, tired and worn out. And second... “Who is that?” He asked, ignoring all other questions running around lose in his head. Ryeowook tried to hold up his hand, but his body didn't follow the mental order. He stared at the small boy in Yesungs arm who smiled brightly, apparently incredibly happy with him being awake. For some reason he looked familiar to him. Yesung gulped lightly.

 

He didn't know how to explain everything to Ryeowook, because some people could cope better with stuff like that and some not so good. And since something like that never happened to either of them he wasn't sure how he would take it. “This is-” He started but a nurse burst in the room and after her a doctor and another nurse. “You need to get out now.” The doctor ordered. “We need to make a check up about his condition. Then you can talk to him.” Yesung tried to argue into staying but before he could even start the first nurse slammed the door in his and Jinos face. His eyes were wide open and Yesung almost started banging on the door, before it occurred to him that it would just cause trouble. He sighed inaudibly.

 

 

Who else am I gon' lean on when times get rough
Who's gonna talk to me on the phone till the sun comes up
Who's gonna take your place, there ain't nobody better
Oh, baby baby, we belong together

 

 

“Well Jino, I guess we need to go for a walk before we can see your Umma.” Yesung said. “I'll get us something to eat and then we will go back. Sounds good?” Jino was chewing on his lip. He was a bit disturbed by the behaviour of the nurses, but if his dad was okay then it couldn't be so bad, right? “Food.” Jino agreed and together they made their way to the cafeteria where Yesung got himself some coffee and for his son he pulled out a small glass of baby food.

 

He started feeding him before he sipped slowly on the hot beverage. His mind was a mess. It wasn't that Yesung didn't like Ryeowook waking up, in opposite, he was more than happy and thrilled but at the same time he was worried. Being the realist Yesung was he was already facing the difficulties that would definitely arise. Ryeowook would have to deal with so many things – some leftovers from the accident, the fact that he had been in a coma for over a year... he missed his son evolving and growing – inside him. Ryeowook missed the birth of his own flesh and blood, he didn't get to hold him after it... It would be really hard and Yesung was more than scared. He would have to be strong again, not only for himself and Jino, but for his husband also.

 

 

I can't sleep at night when you are on my mind
I only think of you and it's breaking my heart
I'm trying to keep it together but I'm falling apart

 

 

But who was strong for Yesung? During the time when his husband was asleep his best friend Sungmin had been Yesungs lifebelt. He went grocery shopping for him, dealt with Jino when neither Yesung nor anyone of his family had the time. Sungmin and his spouse Kyuhyun had been there but now they were on vacation for 2 months and there was no one to support him like Sungmin had. Of course his family tried his best but it just wasn't the same. It bothered him that he had become so dependent on the other guy. Yesung always had a strong, independent character, was fine with dealing stuff on his own. But since the accident everything changed.

 

“I have to stay strong.” he whispered and Jino looked up as he heard his father. He didn't know what he said but it sounded really sincere. “Umma now?” Jino asked and smiled, tried to get off his fathers lap. This small question pulled Yesung out of his deep thoughts and he smiled back to his wonderful son. “Okay, we go now.” He answered and placed him back on his hip, before he got up and walked back to his husbands room. Everyone else would not have left the place before the door, fearfully waiting. But Yesung always had been more reasonable. When he came back the doctor just emerged the room and gave him a small smile.

 

“Mr. Kim, I got good news for you. Your husband is going to be perfect fine. Sure he will need some time to get used to everything, but there will no leftovers. I can assure you that.” A big weight fell from Yesungs shoulders and he smiled. For the first time he felt like smiling and his heart was swelling up. Ryeowook was going to be fine. On everything else they were able to work. “Can I go in now?” His voice was shaking a little as the doctor nodded. “He is still weak, but impatient to see you.” Jino smiled brightly. “Umma?” He asked again and his father nodded, before Yesung opened the door and slowly walked in the room.

 

 

I'm feeling all out of my element
I'm throwing things, crying
I need you, need you back in my life, baby

 

 

Ryeowook tried to lift himself up but it didn't work right since his body was not used to own movement anymore. “Yesung....” he whispered and and a loving smile grazed his lips. “I am so happy to see you... to know that you are ok.” Yesung sat with Jino on his lap on the bed, Ryeowooks cheek carefully. “Same here...” His voice was very hushed. A small silence occurred, before the bedridden man spoke up again.

 

“The doctor told me I had been in a coma for over 2 years.” Yesung flinched slightly, bit his lip. Then the younger turned his head and looked at Jino who stared at him. “That is.... our son.” Ryeowooks voice trembled. “You... remembered. You didn't let him die...” The elder nodded and smiled kindly. “I promised you. I never go back on my promises. Especially not the ones I made to you...” Yesung bent forward when his lover asked him to and kissed the lips he missed so much softly. “His name is Jino.” He answered the smile of the laying man. “He is 1 ½ years old and absolutely wonderful.”

 

Ryeowook fought very hard before he was able to lift his hand a little. “Hey Jino...” He whispered and the tiny cheek of his son. “I am sorry I had to sleep so long. But now I will always be there....” Jino smiled so big that it was almost from ear to ear and he hugged his mother as carefully as he could. That was the moment where Yesung was fighting really hard to keep his tears from falling. He knew that the time would come when he was allowed to break down but not now. “We missed you so much.” he whispered and Ryeowook nodded. “I missed you two too, Jongwoon.” Yesungs heart seemed to burst and he closed his eyes, laid his head on Ryeowooks chest. “I love you so much.”

 

 

When you left I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe
Come back, come back
'Cause we belong together

 

 

2 long weeks later Ryeowook was released, as soon as the doctor made sure he was being taken care of at home. Yesung and Ryeowook had agreed on getting a weekly visit from the doctor. It was their third evening since they got home together. Yesung just had Jino put in his bed to sleep. Ryeowook was still frightened that he would do something wrong that would hurt his son. But they both knew that it was just a practising matter and so the family would do things together. Yesung took a little time off to support Ryeowook and get him set up with Jino.

 

But now they were lying in their big bed and staring at the celing. “I missed you so much...” Yesung started to talk. He needed to get it off his chest or he would suffocate from it. It was already hard enough. Ryeowook stayed silent, letting his husband talk. He knew how important it was for Yesung to talk about it. “I... I thought you would never wake up again. I was so scared... and so hurt. And angry. Not to you but to the one who took you away. I knew I had to protect our baby and I didn't hesitate even once. But sometimes...” His Voice started shaking.

 

“I felt so lost without you. I felt there was no way I would ever see you again and everytime I thought about it I couldn't handle it anymore. I probably... I ...” Yesung was fighting with the words. “If Jino wouldn't have existed... I would probably have killed me. I can't live without you anymore. You are my breath... my heart... my soul. If I wouldn't have married you already I would do it now.” Yesung sobbed heavily and then he turned towards Ryeowook, laid his head on the chest of him. “I have no words to put how I feel more than I love you beyond anything, no matter if life or death... good times or bad times... I want to be with you in this life in death in the next or in whatever will come.... you and I …” Ryeowook felt Yesungs tears wet his shirt but it didn't bother him. “We are one.” He completed Yesungs words. “You and I are one. Forever.”

 

His arms pulled Yesung close and Ryeowook looked into his husbands eyes. “I love you too, Yesung.” He answered. “I promise you that I will stay with you until the world stops turning....” Ryeowook paused a few seconds. “Maybe... if you want....” He let his fingers ghost over Yesungs cheek. “We could give Jino a sibling.... if you want. Someday.” Yesungs eyes flew open and he stared in shock at Ryeowook. “Are you sure?” He asked insecurely. As he saw his husband nodding, Yesung just knew. Ryeowook was back. They had a wonderful son. He knew that the winter just ended and the summer of their lives was just about to begin. Slowly Yesung lifted himself up and bent over Ryeowook before he kissed him. “Saranghaenamida.”

 

The End.

 

 

Don't forget to comment ;D