Goodbye

Goodbye

'Why do you love me again?' Yoona asked the guy sitting beside her.

'We are not supposed to love each other. Remember?' L asked back.
'I know, but I can't help myself. Even now, I'm still loving you like crazy' Yoona replied with a sigh.
'I understand. I love you so much too.. But we are siblings. It's impossible' L agreed.
'But you are just my step-brother! We are not really related! It's unfair' Yoona complained. L chuckled a bit, ruffling Yoona's hair.
'So you want your father to announce to the whole world that his step-son is marrying his real daughter?' L asked.
Yoona nodded her head. 'I just don't understand why he cant do that' 
'Just in case you don't remember, Miss Im, you are already arranged to get married to the owner of Cube Corporation. If that fails, your Dad's company will go bankrupt. Thousands of people will lose their jobs and you will be poor. I don't think you will be able to live as a normal person with your glamorous lifestyle' L replied.
'I can try' Yoona protested.
'What are you going to do about the life of the thousand over employees and their families then?' L asked.
Yoona kept mum. 'Its just so unfair!'
'I know' L said while standing up, 'Come on, I'll prepare our dinner'
 
Both Yoona and L are sad. No scratch that, they are heartbroken and depressed. Yoona is getting married tomorrow to the owner of Cube Corp, the largest and most powerful company in Korea. There is nothing they can do about it, running away will only cause their company to flop and Yoona's husband-to-be will stop at nothing to get his bride, he even tried to kill Yoona's father when he refused to let his daughter marry him but failed and her father is now forcing his daughter to marry the owner of Cube Corps.
 
'Smells good' Yoona complimented, wrapping her arms around L's waist.
'I'm gonna finish cooking soon. Take a seat' L replied with a smile.
'Okay' Yoona reluctantly let go of L and took a seat.
She felt L cover her eyes with his hands
'Presenting Kim Myungsoo's special!' he announced before revealing the food he cooked.
'How is it?' he asked Yoona.
Honestly, it wasn't really good but seeing L's effort, she gave a big smile and held both hands to show a 'thumbs up' sign.
L giggled upon seeing how happy Yoona was.
'I wish I can cook for you everyday' L said.
'I wish so too' Yoona agreed, she didn't mind eating these not so delicious food just to be with the man she loves.
'L, I'll do the dishes after these, okay? You did the cooking so I should do something' Yoona suggested.
'Fine, then we'll take a walk around after that' L said.
 
A while later, they left their house. It wasn't really their house, it was the beach house that Yoona's mother left her before she died and her father did not know about it. So they spent the week together before parting ways. L will be leaving for Japan the day after as well so that the wedding will go well. Besides, it would be too heartbreaking for the both of them should he come to the wedding.
 
'The stars are so pretty' Yoona said, looking at the sky, amazed.
'Not as pretty as you' L commented.
'Woah, since when were you so cheesy?' Yoona asked about to free her hand from L's to hit him but L did not let go.
'It's the last time anyway, let me be cheesy for tonight' L replied.
Then they both sighed, knowing that this is the last time they are going to be lovers.
'L, promise me something. Promise me that you'll live happily. Find a woman much better than me and marry her. Have a lot of children and be a good father to them. Let them marry the person that they love. Promise me that you'll be successful' Yoona said, looking at the sky. She did not want to cry and she know that she'll break down if she look at him.
'Fine, I promise' L replied.
'Promise me something as well. Promise me that you will be strong, have a lot of children as well. Eat well, be happy, continue laughing... And, forget about me' L said, his hand grabbing Yoona's hand tighter.
'I promise' Yoona said and there was silence after that.
 
Now they sat at the beach, feeling the breeze on their faces. 
'Let me ask you, will you hold hands with her?' Yoona asked.
'Of course, every single day that we are together' L replied.
'Will..will you kiss her?' Yoona asked shyly.
'Yes. Very deeply. I'll also hug her and cuddle her to sleep' L added, imagining himself doing it to Yoona.
'She's a very lucky girl then' Yoona concluded.
'Not so. I'll forever have you in my heart' L thought to himself.
'Why are you suddenly so quiet?' Yoona asked.
'Nothing. Just thinking about how pretty you will be in your wedding dress'L replied.
 
They lied down on the bed, L was hugging Yoona. He heard Yoona sobbing.
'Stop crying. You promised me that you'll be strong' he said.
'I don't understand. Why can't it be us? Why?' Yoona asked, tears streaming out of her eyes.
'Be strong Yoona' L said, trying to prevent the tears from flowing down his cheeks.
'Lets runaway okay? Let's go to a place where no one know us, let's live happily' Yoona asked, clinging to L's arm.
'You know we can't do that. I love you too. I love you so much that I'm letting you go' L shouted, this time crying.
'Its hurting me too' he said, looking at Yoona in the eyes.
 
The next day Yoona woke up to find the spot next to her empty. She forced herself to smile. She knew he was gone.
'You must be strong Im Yoona. For L' she said to herself before standing up.
She found a note on the dining table: Congratulations on your wedding ~L