Jealous

Jealous

 

 

You sighed in relief when the bell rang, signaling that the school day was over. After packing up your belongings, you left the classroom, relieved that it was finally the weekend. 

"Hey, ______," Jiyoung, one of your friends, greeted you as she fell into step beside you.

"Hey," you smiled.

"So what are you doing this weekend?" she asked, the two of you continuing to walk down the hall towards the front of the school.

"I'm not sure," you shrugged, "What about you?"

Even though you pretended to listen to Jiyoung's ramble, you mentally sighed to yourself. In your mind, you knew that you were probably going to spending this weekend alone. Chanyeol was in China with the rest of the Exo members, making it impossible for the two of you to even have the chance of meeting up, even if it was in secret. 

Not paying attention as you and Jiyoung excited the school building, you accidentally bumped into someone and sent their books crashing to the ground. You were just about to apologize when you heard an annoying shriek meet your ears. You looked up to see Nayoung, one of the (wannabe) queenkas of your school, and all her little followers.

'Oh, brother,' you thought to yourself as you rolled your eyes.

"Watch where you're going, freak!" she yelled as she fixed her obviously dyed hair.

"Nice seeing you too, Nayoung," you mumbled bitterly.

"What did you say to me?!" she exclaimed.

"Just ignore them," Jiyoung whispered to you as she pulled you away from the group of annoying girls.

"You're jealous of me, aren't you?" Nayoung laughed arrogantly.

You raised an eyebrow at her, "Why on earth would I be jealous of you?"

"Because, you know that I got to see Exo's debut showcase and you couldn't," she said as she looked at her nails and her posse started to fangirl over your boyfriend's group.

You stifled a laugh and were about to tell her off, but froze when you heard your name being called by a very familiar voice. 

"______-ah!"

You slowly turned towards the sound of the voice and your eyes widened when you saw Chanyeol by the gate to your school, waving his arms in the air while jumping up and down, a huge smile on his face. 

"______-ah! Over here!" he continued to yell. 

"That's Chanyeol..." you heard one of Nayoung's friend whisper.

"I know that! I'm not stupid!" she shot back, causing her friend to cringe and move away from her. 

"What are you waiting for?" Jiyoung laughed, "Go to him!"

You snapped out of your daze and slowly started to walk towards your boyfriend who still had a grin on his face. All the students in front of the school were silent as you walked past them and towards the male idol that was waiting for you at the front of the school. 

'Can I just crawl into a hole and die?' you thought to yourself as you looked down at the ground in embarrassment. 

"Oppa, what are you doing here?" you asked Chanyeol when you reached him, "Aren't you supposed to be in China?"

"Well I was, but we caught an earlier flight back. I thought I would come a pick you up from school and take you to get something to eat," he smiled, "But I kinda made a scene, didn't I?"

You looked behind you to see your classmates still looking at the two of you and whispering among themselves. 

"Yeah, kinda," you laughed when you turned back to Chanyeol. 

"Who's that?" he asked and looked at Nayoung.

You shrugged your shoulders, "Just some girl."

"Was she being mean to you?"

"N-no," you denied, not wanting him to worry about you.

You let out a small yelp when Chanyeol pulled you into his arms. You let out a soft laugh when you heard the same high pitch shriek from earlier and wrapped your arms around Chayeol's waist, returning the hug.

"No one messes with my girlfriend," he said after pulling away and giving you a proud smile. 

You swatted his chest and turned around, smiling to Jiyoung when she gave you a thumbs up and almost laughing when you saw the furious expression on Nayoung's face. Now, all of the attention was no longer on you and Chanyeol, but on Nayoung as she stomped away in the opposite direction of you, her "friends" not even bothering to follow her and instead laughed among themselves.

'Who's the jealous one now?' you thought as you smiled smugly to yourself.

You felt Chanyeol wrap an arm around your waist and start to guide you down the sidewalk. You gave Jiyoung a wave and wrapped your arm around Chanyeol's waist as well as the two of you walked away from the school and towards your favorite tea house that was down the street.  

"I missed you," Chanyeol whispered in your ear when the two of you were no longer being watched by the curious spectators.

You looked up at Chanyeol and gave him a bright smile as you leaned into his side, "I missed you, too."