Final

Fate, Idol, Fan

 

"Aigoo... So cold... When are they coming back? Are they going to be tired tomorrow?" you muttered to yourself and rubbed your shoulders for heat. You blew the air and squinted your eyes.

"Hope they have enough clothes... They won't be sick, will they?" you began ranting on possiblities and made yourself even more worried. You paced up and down continuously and grumpily stomped the ground.

Suddenly, you heard footsteps coming towards you. They were fast and seemed impatient. Hoping it's your fave idol, you spun around, but only to see a guy angrily confronting you. You winced and inched back. "Just scold me. I can take it. Just for Woohyun..."

"Do you know how worried I was?! You were not at the dukboki shop! And you're 2 hours late! It's not the first time. If it's something important, then I'll let it go. But you are still stalking your idol?! Seriously? Idol or boyfriend?! They also need to rest! Just go away! That's helping them, not stalking them at their lift lobby!" Your boyfriend, Kwanghee, pulled you away from the lift lobby to the main road to take a taxi home.

"Go away! Let go of me! You're hurting me!" You squealed in pain and released your wrist from Kwanghee's grip. "It's my business. Not yours. Don't interfere. You don't know how it feels like to be a fan..." You hissed in a low tone, with tears in your eyes.

"I don't care!"

"Are you jealous?!"

"I am!"

That made you silent. You shook your head. "Then I'm telling you, you're not supposed to be. Leave me alone. At least let me get a glimpse of Woohyun oppa. Then I'll be appeased. I can't stand it without seeing him for two weeks straight BECAUSE OF YOU!" You huffed angrily and left Kwanghee at the side of the road, stunned. He then saw you away from him and inched closer. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you away with him. You cried and screamed to let go, but he wouldn't budge.

"Mister. Let your girlfriend go." A voice came out.

Both of you looked up at the same time.

"Woohyun Oppa..." you mumbled.

"Didn't you hear? I told you to let your girlfriend go. Girls are not supposed to be treated like this. Got it?" Woohyun gently chided Kwanghee like his parents.

"No. I don't understand. I can have priority over my girlfriend. You are just her favourite idol. You don't make a difference," Kwanghee flared up and used his finger and jabbed Woohyun's chest.

"Kwanghee Oppa, don't," You sensed the tensed atmosphere and based on Kwanghee's personality, a fight will be on soon. You have to stop it...

Then, Kwanghee gave a punch on Woohyun's face.

"STOP!" You screamed and protected Woohyun from Kwanghee. "I regretted spending the past 2 years with you. Am I drunk back the two years?!"

Quarrelling so loudly, the security guard came out and said, "Please don't quarrel here, you're disturbing the rest of the people here..." "SHUT UP!" Kwanghee shot back at him.

"Hey, let's just go, forget about this guy. He's not worth it," Woohyun faked a smile and tugged onto your hurt wrist. You winced in pain and Woohyun let go of you when he saw that you were hurt.

"Really, you even hurt girls. What a bastard," Woohyun muttered under his breath, only he could hear. Tugging onto your other wrist, he hailed a taxi and pushed you inside.

"Are you okay? Go home and rest. Your parents should be worried about you, yeah? And hope we could see it again. You know, we are fated to meet like that at a mere lift lobby... Maybe in the future, we could meet again!" Woohyun winked, closed the door and the taxi drove off.

*Hope we could meet again. Just shrug off that . He's not for you.* Woohyun sighed.

*I hope they are alright. And Woohyun's wish will come true. Hopefully.* You thought and slunk back to your seat, dejected.

 

- 3 DAYS LATER -

It's Infinite's fansigning event for Infinitize.

Inspirits crowded around the sports hall and eagerly waiting for Infinite to come out. Banners and lightsticks were all in their hands and not to mention, the Infinitize album.

You were there too, with the album. *Why are there so many people?! I hate crowds.*

Looking around, you didn't hear the fans scream as you were looking intently at the ice cream truck, remembering the times you had with Kwanghee.

 

- - - FLASHBACK - - -

"Oppa, oppa, oppa!" You urged Kwanghee as he was looking at the park.

"Wae?" He turned around and asked you.

"Ice cream!" You held it out to him and he chuckled. You looked at the ice cream, picked up the spoon and scooped up a big chunk of ice cream from the tub. You showed your eye smile and pushed it against Kwanghee's lips.

"Eat!" You laughed and raised an eyebrow.

Before Kwanghee could indulge into the ice cream, you shoved it inside your mouth and stared at him triumphly. "You playful kid!" He growled playfully and began chasing you.

You squealed and ran for your life.

But Kwanghee's much faster than you and he grabbed your waist and pulled you close to him. Then he crashed his lips onto your cheek.

 

- - - END OF FLASHBACK - - -

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Infinite imnida!" The loudspeakers boomed loudly and Inspirits screamed even more and crazier. Upon hearing the introduction of Infinite, you quickly spun around and saw them on stage in their outfit. [The Chaser MV]

You applauded along with the rest of the crowd.

After the members' introduction and small interviews, the fansigning was underway. Fans queued in front of their bias' spot and they signed the albums. Standing at the end of the line, your legs were feeling numb and tired. Ahead of you was one long line of Inspirits. 

*How long is this going to take?!* You thought angrily and kicked the snow on the ground.

You glanced at your watch. 4.30pm. Queued up for 1 hour already. Why was the line that day so slow?

Because Woohyun was requested to do aegyo in front of the fans. Sungjong and Sungyeol's lines were left and down to people. Woohyun and L's lines were the most and the longest.

30 minutes later, it was down to only you and the person in front. Woohyun was signing her album. After which, she shook his hand and left the fansigning event.

*Hopefully he doesn't remember me. It was so embarrassing yesterday...* You pleaded and went towards the blue table. You put your head down and gave your album timidly to Woohyun.

"Oh! It's you!" Woohyun laughed and began signing your album, "You were thinking of me, weren't you? Thinking that I would forget? You're wrong! I remember it really clearly. Hahaha."

"Kamsamida," he whispered and looked into your eyes. "Kamsamida," you whispered back and gave him a small smile. Then you turned around to leave when you overheard a conversation, "Hyung! Was that the girl you were talking about yesterday? The girl's boyfriend whom you beat into a pulp?"

"Sungyeol-ah. Don't mention about that rotten again. He's annoying. I would stand up for any girl who's being hurt. That special someone is also not an exception."

You furied in anger and walked back towards the table. "Didn't I tell you not to fight with Kwanghee?" you shouted at Woohyun. "I hate fights! My worst nightmare is between you and Kwanghee! Oppa! How's he? How are you? Don't tell me he's dead! Why did you start a fight with him? It's not worth it! You can stand up for me like this, but why not any other girls? Am I that of an exception to you?!"

"You will know if we meet again," Woohyun simply replied and sighed, leaving with the rest of Infinite.

You clutched onto your Infinitize album and saw a message written by Woohyun:

"Hey there! ^^ Woohyun oppa here~ Kwanghee's alright. I beat him up but he still can walk and scold me an . T_T Oppa is so hurt~ And about fate yesterday. Didn't it come true? I was supposed to be scheduled to go to a variety show but ended up coming here again. Even though I don't know you, I want to say, take care! Hohoho~ ^^v"

You smiled to yourself and stared back at the blue table where the used markers were. "I guess he's really standing up for me, a stupid, helpless stranger..."

Placing the album carefully into your bag, you headed over to Itaewon to shop for clothes and accessories, for your school end-of-year graduation prom night.

 

- ITAEWON -

"Ahjumma, how much is this dress?" You held up a sequin black dress and asked the shopkeeper there.

"9102 wons," the ahjumma replied.

"I'll have this then! Kamsamida!" You beamed and skipped out of the store happily.

 

It was night time already.

 

You rubbed your sore foot for walking too much and looked around you. Couples were walking with each other. You envied them and stared at them while sitting on a bench.

Then, you dozed off...

"Ouch!" You screamed dizzily and picked up a twig which hit your head. You looked around again and saw that the bustling Itaewon became deserted. No one was walking on the streets except for some loners.

"I should be going back home already..." You muttered, your eyes half-closed. Picking up your shopping bags, you headed to you right but bumped into someone, landing on the floor.

"Not again..." You mumbled and stood up, brushing the dirt away. "Chesohamida," you apologised and walked past the man.

"Don't recognise me?" You heard the reply and followed by a chuckle. Oh-So-Familiar... Nam Woohyun. "What are you doing here?"

You raised up your shopping bags and raised an eyebrow.

"Thanks for the signature," you replied. Hesitating for a moment, you began, "I believe in fate now. You. Me." You smiled tiredly.

"I know right! It all so awesome," Woohyun sighed and looked around. "Beautiful, isn't it?" You nodded approvingly.

"About your question on why you are the special girl? You wanna find out?" Woohyun whispered. You shrug, "Why not?"

"Because I can sense that fate which we have. I treat you as an Inspirit at first but was determined that you and I will meet again in the future. See, isn't that true? So not only women have sixth sense, I also have too. Maybe even better."

His face turned serious and put his hands into his pocket.

"I believe in you too, Inspirit. That name maybe general for us, but you are the one who stands out the most in the fans. You are the one whom I am fated to meet. We may not be together, but we managed to became so-called friends, right? So, please trust me, believe me. I won't let you down. I won't let you get hurt. Pinky promise?"

He removed his hand from his pocket and stuck out his pinky. You smiled and laced your pinky through his.

"I love you, Nam Woohyun, not only as an idol, but as a stranger. A friendly stranger." You smiled and you felt hoe tears springing into your eyes. Not even a second, the tears fell from your eyes.

Only Kwanghee made you cry. He's your boyfriend, but Woohyun made you cry even though you two were strangers to each other.

Woohyun made his hands wide-opened and you pounced into his embrace. His touch, his hug, it feels perfect. But you two know that you cannot be together. It's better off to be strangers.

"Believe me, we'll meet again. As of now, toodles!" Woohyun released you, winked, and walked down the streets of Itaewon and left you standing there, pleased to have make a stranger.

With a sigh, you turned around and headed home.

 

- - - - - - - - - - END OF STORY - - - - - - - - - -