Chapter 23 - Sh*t Just Got Real: A Story About Coffee

Unearth

Author's note: HAH okay I lied! I needed to write another chapter! Enjoy! Who cares about studying for finals anyways?



Junho’s POV

 

No sleep… No sleep… my eyes were burning. I was entirely too annoyed and not to mention ually frustrated. Junsu takes care of me every night, and now I had to take care of myself because of Wooyoung. God damnit!

I “woke up” in the morning and turned my head to the left. Junsu and Wooyoung’s legs were intertwined with each other, Wooyoung’s hands underneath Junsu’s shirt. I almost wanted to push Wooyoung off the bed. How dare he touch my Junsu like that? Junsu is mine, that’s mine Wooyoung!

I took a deep breath, and realized the jealousy that was growing inside me.

“ this” I whispered as I walked into the bathroom.

I pulled down my pants, pulled out the lotion, and got to work just like the old days.

 

Chansung’s POV

 

I woke up next to Taecyeon hyung, his snores finally waking me up. I flipped my head over just far enough to see the time; 7:45am…

I never woke up this early on a weekend. I just started to get up when hyung grabbed me in reaction.

“Yeobo… where are you going?” he said eyes still closed voice deep and groggy.

“I can’t sleep… I’m gonna make you your coffee!”

“No come lay with hyung” he said as he pulled me back into bed on top of his bare chest.

“Hyung!” I giggled pushing him away, “let me make your coffee!”

He frowned, “You really can’t sleep?”

“ne…”

“Araso… go ahead” hyung said as he kissed my forehead.

I felt the butterflies from my stomach erupt as he pinched my… my… my . My cheeks warmed up instantly.

“You have a cute Chanana” he teased.

“Hyung stop!” I said running out of the bedroom. I ran to the kitchen to drown out his hearty laughs as fast as possible.

Making my way into the kitchen I found the coffee maker- machine… thingy. I stared at it knowing absolutely no idea in how to use it. All I knew was Taecyeon hyung drank his coffee every morning and he always said if he didn’t drink it he’d be dead. And I didn’t want him to be dead….

I grabbed the coffee beans from the pantry and placed them into the coffee pot.

“How many do I put in?” I scratched my head examining the pot.

Next I knew I had to put in water, so I opened up the side compartment to pour in a cup full of water. As soon as I poured in the water, black ground coffee grains flew to the top. I… I was pretty sure I was doing it completely wrong. But oh well…

After making sure each compartment was closed, I the big red button.

Nothing.

Normally hyungs coffee begins to brew after he turns on the pot. I began to panic. Did I break it!? Is it broken!? Hyung’s gonna be so mad at me!

I kept pressing the button not understanding what was wrong. I wanted to cry.

“Please just work! Please coffee pot!” I begged.

Making the executive decision it was broken; I needed to get hyung a cup of coffee so he wouldn’t “die” when he got up. I loved Taecyeon hyung so much!

Fighting my tears back, scared hyung was gonna be upset, I slipped on a pair of boots and my sweater to run to the nearest coffee shop. I opened the door: the wind was cold; a small blanket of snow covered the ground. I threw up my hood to comfort my already cold ears, and set out to get the cup of coffee for Taecyeon hyung. Luckily the nearest one wasn’t that far, about a 20 minute walk.

 

20 minutes later…

 

I couldn’t feel my fingers anymore, but I had made it. I had made it to the Toms and Toms coffee shop down the street! I ran inside welcoming the warm air and loud noises. I took my place in the back of line just to realize how long this line actually was… Minutes seemed to be hours, seconds seemed like days. I panicked even more knowing that Taecyeon could wake up and be expecting his cup of coffee only to find that his coffee machine was broken. I hope he didn’t hate me.

“Excuse me? Kid?! Next in line!” the unhappy man at the counter called.

 

Nichkhun’s POV

 

“Chansung?!” I screamed from inside the Toms and Toms coffee shop.

I saw him happily carrying one cup of coffee. The strange thing he was by himself. If I knew anything about his giant brute boyfriend it would be that he would never let Chansung come out on this weather by himself. Hell it was snowing pretty bad now, and all Chansung was wearing was a light jacket, pajama pants and boots.

“H-hyung?!” Chansung came up to me.

“What are you doing here?! Are you by yourself?”

He looked down towards the ground, “N-ne”

“Does anybody know you’re out here by yourself? Did you walk here?!”

“Ne… Ne…”

Double … no triple .

“Damnit Chansung, let me call Taecyeon.” I grabbed my phone from my pocket only to be cut off by Chansung.

“No! please don’t! I broke Taecyeon hyung’s coffee pot trying to make him his coffee because I love hyung and hes gonna be so mad when he finds out and I didn’t want him to die like he said he might if he doesn’t get his coffee in the morning so I went to get him his cup of coffee and please don’t tell him hyung I don’t want to get mad!” he said as quickly as he could almost about to cry.

“Aish… Chansung-ah… I have to tell him”

He looked at me with big round doughy eyes.

“I’ll drive you back too”

I picked up my phone to dial Taecyeon’s number.

*ring ring* *ring-

“Look this isn’t the time; you better have a good reason for calling me. I can’t find Chansung” Taecyeon’s deep voice threatened me over the phone, though I could hear woory in his voice.

“Yah… I found him here at the coffee shop up the street! Don’t start your ! I’ll drop him off. Be there in a few” and like that I hung up the phone, already annoyed of the situation.

“Let’s go” I ordered from Chansung.

“Hold on let me get a napkin!”

“I’m sure you have napkins at home-”

But before I could finish Chansung had already ran to the counter to grab a napkin. But by the time I rolled my eyes, he had already returned with the biggest smile on his face, “Hyung really likes a napkin around his coffee so his fingers don’t burn”

I would have been annoyed but how could I? He was just so damn cute.

“Araso… Gaja”

 

The car ride back was short, considering Taecyeon lived so close. And luckily Chansung only said one sentence about Wooyoung… but that sentence stung… stung like a jellyfish sting. It burned in my flesh.

Chansung said Wooyoung was… was really hurt. I let my mind wander.

I didn’t even realize it, and I didn’t even know how we got there, but Chansung and I were entering Taecyeon’s apartment.

“CHANSUNG-AH!”

 

Taecyeon’s POV

 

I ran to him as fast as I could. 5 minutes after he left the bedroom I decided to help him in the kitchen. I assumed he couldn’t figure out how to use the coffee maker. I made my way down to the kitchen, and I was surprised to not see him there. I began to search the house as my own anxieties began to rush into me after not finding him. I took out my phone to call him, but I cursed when I heard his phone ring from the bedroom. Needless to say my world stopped for about 30 minutes while I tried to find my lost Chansung.

“Yah! You know how worried I was! ? Why did you leave!!? Why didn’t you tell me?! Why didn’t you bring your phone!”

I screamed.

I instantly felt regret as Chansung’s eyes watered and he held out a cup of coffee towards me with both hands, “I-I br-broke your coffee machine… and I-I know how you need coffee s-so I went to buy you a cu-cup of co-c-coffee” he cried, “I’m sorry hyung I never meant to break your coffee machine, I only wanted to make you happy” he bawled, eyes turning red.

I took him in my embrace, “Yah… stop crying… Hyung’s sorry he’s sucha meanie…  can you forgive him?”

He shook his head and wiped his tears handing me the cup of coffee.

I grabbed the cup (with a napkin around it) and took a sip.

“Ahhh… black… you know just how I like it yeobo”

He beamed wiping the last of his tears.

“Mianhae… I shouldn’t have yelled” I apologized as I kissed his delicate lips.

He blushed.

“And by the way you didn’t break the coffee machine… you just didn’t plug it in” I laughed grabbing him to hold him in between my arms and chest.

He immediately covered his face with his hands and faced the ground, “Pabo!” he cursed himself.

“Yah… stop it was an honest mistake” I chuckled.

He frowned but then turned around as we both remembered Nichkhun was awkwardly standing in the room.

“I-I’m just gonna get going” he said awkwardly heading out the door.

“Hyung wait!” Chansung said running after him.

“NI-NICHKHUN?!”

I was pretty sure that was Wooyoung’s voice. I ran after the both of them heading outside to see Wooyoung, Junsu, and Junho standing next to the elevator, Nichkhun still on the front step of the apartment, eyes wide

just got real.