Chapter Three: A Day With Yongguk

Notebook of Love

CHAPTER THree; A DAy with Yonggu

page-divider-105.gif 

 

(No One)

The first place Yongguk took Sora was to the Gyeongbok Palace. Although she has read many thing about the place it was nice to be able to see in person and hear more about it history. Being just like a tour guide Yongguk started to tell about the place.

The place:

seoul

"This former seat of power is probably Korea's most famous royal palace. It's tough to miss given its location at the morthern end of Seoul's main boulevard, Sejongro, a stone throw from the Blue House (the President's residence) and the U.S. embassy. Gyeongbok Palace, are open every day but Tuesdays, was built in the late 1300s, and has been destroyed and reconstructed numerous times. English tour are available about three times daily for visitors to learn more about Korea's architecturlal Ttraditions and courts customs. Give yourself at least an hour to stroll around the pavilions and halls within the palace's spacious walled grounds." He said as they walked around. 

And just like he had said they walked around the palace taking photos and looking around. The next place they went to was Bukchon Village.  

The place:

seoul bukchon village

"It's not hard to imagine the days of yore when you stroll through this utterly picturesque neighborhood. Flanked by the two palaces, Gyeongbok to the west," he pointed toward the palace, "and Changdeok to the east." he point the other way. "This village has the largest cluster of privately owned traditional Korean wooden homes or hanok in Seoul. Keep an eye out for the half-dozen or so alleys that have beautifully restored architechtural features like small courtyards, decorative outer walls and dark tiled roofs. The neighborhood is also peppered with quaint cafes, art galleries, and restaurants, including the popular Wood & Brick, which serves up divine lobster ravioli down the road from the ARt Sonje Center gallery. The easiest way to get to Bukchon is to take subway line 3 to Anguk Station and take Exit 3." he said proudly. 

The whole time he was talking Sora was taking pictures here and there of the place and even of him. Again she started to take pictures and enjoying the place.

"Excuse me." she said to a random person. "Do you mind taking a picture of us?" she asked.

The person glad took her camera. Yongguk was nerves since they had just meet but unlike him Sora was smiling and hugging his arm. She did a peace sign while tilting her head on his shoulder. He on the other hand tilt his head toward her head and gave a big smile. The person took the pictured and smiled. "Such a cute couple." she commented.

"Oh. We're---"

"Gomawo. He's such a sweet boyfriend." she said cutting him off and kissing his cheeks.

The lady smiled handing back Sora's camera while Yongguk stood like a statue blushing. She turn around still looking at the pictures. "Ready for the next place?" she asked.

"Huh? Oh yea. Cone on." he said leading the way. 

The next place was the Shinsegae Department Store.

The place:

seoul shinsegae department store

"If you want to see Seoulites drops the equivalent of a couple of hundred dollars on a few melons or a handful of local grown oranges, Shinsegae's flagship downtown store is the place." he said openning the door. "This is one of the 'big three' department sotres in the city. The other two are Lotte and Hyundai. It's a dazzling emporium that sell all manner of merchandis. In the basement." he pointed toward the direction, "Korean women jostle to buy perpared dished and staples like fresh fish at the of the day. Upstairs," he pointed twoard, "the city's uber-brand-conscious consumers snap up the lasest Ferragamo shoes and Hermes silk scarves. On the rooftop, Shinsegae's new garden is also a welcome respite from the megactiy's hubbub." He concluded. 

They didn't stay that long in the department but still took a few photo before moving to the next place, Bugaksan.

The place:

Bookaksan and Cheongyeochun Tour Bus travel guide seoul korea

"Mountains are some great in Seoul and one of the best to climb is here, Bugaksan. Several trailheads take hikers through reconstructed 15th-century gates and along Seoul's ancient fortress wall. From the top of the 342-m (112-ft.) ascent, you'll get a commanding view of the capital. You'll also get to follow in the footsteps of North Korean commandos who climbed the mountain some 40 years ago in an unsuccessful bid to assassinate the president; the Seoul Fortress, which had been closed for security purposes, was re-opened to visitors in 2006, but you have to make a tour reservation a week in advance. Seoul's mountain trails can get clogged fairly quickly, so it's best to hit this hill during the week when the city's mountaineering hobbyists are at their offices. Ask a cab driver to take you to the Sukjeongmun gate, where you can access the best of the three trailheads. It's about a 10-minute drive from City Hall. Also, you'll need your passport to get on the trail, even if you don't look like a would-be assassin." Yongguk said as he nudged a little.

Sora laughed as she took in the scenery. It was quiet i breath taking place

"Yongguk, do you mind taking pictures of me?" Sora said holding out her camera.

"Sure no problem." He said taking it. 

As he started to take pictures of Sora, for some unknown reason, his hearts started to beat fast everytime she would smiled. even if she wasn't wasn't either. She was walking up the stairs when she slipped. Sora closed her eyes tightly and soon felt the impact of the ground. She groan as she opened her eyes. It hurted a bit but her side felt worst. It felt like she was stabbed in the side. She gave a big hiss as she put pressure on it. Yongguk was busy talking on the phone when Sora feel so he couldn't catch her in time. Only when she hissed that he turned around to see her on the ground. 

"Omo! Sora, are you okay?" he said rushing to her side.

"Not really but I'm okay." Sora replied. 

He helped her up but again she hissed when there was pressure pressed on her side. Yongguk didn't like how she had the pain look on her face so he carried her bridal style to the nearest clinic. There The nurse hurried to her side and did the regular check up. Soon after the doctor came in mad checked her side. Everytime he pushed her side, she gave a big hiss. 

"It seems like you have bruise the inside of it. I'll have to give you a shot but you'll still have to take some medicine to help heal it." he said.

Sora nodded and not long after he gave her the shot. She held in the pain and endured it to the end. Once they got the medicine, they decided to call it a night, well after they had a wonderful dinner. They were laughing and enjoying the rest their time, but it was hard for Sora Everytime she laughed. 

"Thanks four the great day even thought it was short and for causing you problem." Sora said. They were stand outside of her house now. 

"No it's okay. I had fun anyways. I should be thanking you for helping me forget about that ." he said.

Sra laughed a littled and smiled. She gave him a hug which he returned. They both of them didn't want to let go yet until somone coughed. They pulled away to see Chanyeol and they other behind him. She bided goodbye to him as they exchange number. As Yongguk walked pass the guys, he got a few glares sent his way. Quickly he rushed away. Once he was out ofsight, Sora turned away from the guys to go I to her apartment. She was about to close the door when it was stopped. Confused and wondering who it was, she opened to door to see...

 

 

page-divider-105.gif 

 

Author's Notes;  Chapter three is up now! how was it? I know it was short but I didn't know what else to write. Thank you to my subscriber.  

acecede Justyoungfellow laura_kims

COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBE ARE LOVE!

» layout credit