Episode One

If We Were A Sitcom

Scene 1

Setting: Krystal's room, 8.30PM on a weeknight.

Scenario: Minho is over at the dorm to tutor Krystal.

 

"And if you square root the whole thing, the answer you will end up with is 98. Do you understand it now?"

Minho doesn't get a response. He looks up from the workbook to Krystal and realises that she has spaced out.

"Yah, Jung Soojung, why aren't you paying attention?" he scolds her.

Krystal snaps back into reality and slowly diverts her gaze to the elder boy. She stares at him absent-mindedly and blinks twice before speaking.

"Oppa, I'm hungry~" she says. There is a hint of aegyo in her voice.

What Krystal said isn't unexpected. Minho is already used to this by now. "Soojung-ah," he calls out her name, causing her to focus her attention on him, "You shouldn't be thinking about food in the middle of a lesson. You have to really focus when you're studying. If you don't do well for this term's exam, you might be at risk of repeating this year. Do you want that?"

Krystal pouts. "But oppa," she begins, "I'm really, really, really hungry." She even puts a hand on her flat stomach for the full effect. "I haven't even had dinner yet."

Minho sighs. He knows that Krystal won't be able to focus with an empty stomach, but they were in the middle of a lesson right now. What can he do?

As if reading his mind, Krystal speaks again. "Oppa, will you buy me dukbokki? There's a street food stall right across the street. I heard it's really good. Please, Minho-oppa?"

He has to admit this girl has killer aegyo. But still...

"We're in the middle of a lesson right now. We can't just go out and buy food," Minho reasons.

Krystal pouts "Why not? Please, oppa? I promise we'll have a long lesson next time to make up for this one. I haven't eaten anything since one in the afternoon. I might starve to death if I don't get fed soon. I'll blame oppa for my death then!"

With that, Minho gives up. "Araso, araso. Let's go. Oppa will buy you some delicious food."

At the mention of food, Krystal's energy miraculously returns to her. She jumps out of her chair and disappears within seconds.

Minho can only chuckle at the girl's silliness.

 


 

Scene 2

Setting: In the kitchen of the dorm, 9.00PM

Scenario: Victoria and Kris are bickering

 

"I told you to take out the trash yesterday!" 

"I forgot. Geez, don't need to make such a big deal out of it."

Victoria rolls her eyes. "You are so irresponsible. This isn't the first or second time you've forgotten to do something. Maybe you should use your brain to remember your responsibilities instead of the names of your many girlfriends."

"My love life is none of your business," Kris retorts.

"It becomes my business when you keep forgetting to do your chores," Victoria says, not ready to give up just yet," Even the kids are better than you! And you're the supposed 'dorm leader'. Leader, my ."

Kris doesn't say anything. He just raises an eyebrow and stares at Victoria. A few seconds later, he speaks, "Are you always this naggy?"

"Forget it," Victoria says through gritted teeth, "Talking to you is a waste of my time. I'll take out the trash."

Victoria exits the kitchen and goes to do what Kris has repeatedly failed to do.

Kris shrugs and exits the kitchen too. He starts to get ready for his date with a girl he met earlier today. What was her name again? Tanya? Taylor? Tiffany?

 


 

 

Scene 3

Setting: Sulli's room, 9.15PM

Scenario: Sulli is online after doing her homework.

 

Sulli scrolls through her Facebook homepage. It is mostly filled with selcas of Bae Suzy and her group of friends. Nothing unusual there. Just when Sulli was about to exit the window, a Facebook chat message pops up.

It is a message from Lee Taemin. Taemin is Krystal's best friend and Sulli and Krystal are good friends, but Taemin and Sulli aren't really close. In person, they hardly talk, but for the past few months, Taemin has been chatting with her a lot online.

Sulli opens the message from Taemin. It simply reads:

Annyeong, princess Sulli~ Have you had dinner yet? ^_^

A smile grows on Sulli's pretty face. She types in her reply, telling him that Victoria had cooked kimchi stew for dinner.

They continue to chat for awhile. The topics of their conversation included school, friends, music etc. Conservations with Taemin never really headed anywhere, but for some reason, she enjoyed talking to him.

 

Sulli hears the doorbell, followed by Baekhyun's voice calling out that he'll get the door. A few seconds later, she hears two voices bickering. Immediately, she knows that Tao and Krystal are at it again.

Sulli hastily types on her computer, telling Taemin that she has to go. After sending the message, she shuts her laptop and goes out to see what Tao and Krystal are arguing about at this late hour.

 

Minho is here too. It looks like Minho and Krystal have just come back from somewhere. 

"Oh, Soojungie, Minho-oppa, where did the both of you go?" the ever clueless Sulli asks.

"They went out to buy food, when Soojung was supposed to be studying," Tao supplies. He then turns to Minho. "Minho-ssi, don't you think you were a little irresponsible as a tutor?"

Minho scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, Soojung told me she hadn't had dinner yet so I brought her out to get some food. There was no use carrying out the lesson when she clearly couldn't focus."

"Oh? But Krystal had dinner with us before you came, Minho-hyung. Victoria-noona cooked us Soojung's favourite kimchi stew and she even had ice-cream after that," Baekhyun interjects.

Minho turns to face Krystal. He opens his mouth, but closes it again, not knowing what to say to her.

Krystal smiles sheepishly. "Sorry I lied to you oppa. I promise I won't do it again. But the dukbokki was delicious! Gomawo, oppa~"

Minho doesn't know whether to roll his eyes or laugh, so he does both. "You tricky girl, you... Since I bought you food, you have to do your homework, okay?"

Krystal nods enthusiastically and Minho pats her on the head, just because he felt the urge to do so. Krystal grins up at her tutor, happy that she was let off the hook so easily. She knew she liked Minho for a reason.

Minho leaves shortly after that and Tao and Krystal get into another argument. These two seem to have an endless list of things to argue about—they were the louder and more aggressive version of Kris and Victoria.

A call comes. Sulli picks it up and says that it is for Baekhyun. It is Baekhyun's best friend, Chanyeol, calling again. They talk on the phone for a full half hour.

Sulli retreats back into the room. She decides to drown out everything else by reading a book.

 

Tao and Krystal eventually stop arguing and return to their own rooms. Victoria comes home from the market some time after ten o'clock. At eleven, Victoria makes the Krystal, Tao and Sulli (also known as the high school kids) go to bed. After doing some last minute cleaning, Victoria goes to bed as well.

At some time in the night, Kris returns from his date. He quietly slips into his room, careful not to wake the others up.

 

This has been a typical night at the dorm.

 

 

A/N: Hello :D It's trollster here. So the first chapter is up. I'm so happy that I got so many subscribers overnight and I want to thank each and everyone of you huhu ^^

To those readers who like long, descriptive, writing, I apologise. That's just not how I troll roll. This feels more like a movie script, doesn't it?

But yeah, thanks again to all those who subscribed and commented. Sorry if the first chapter was disappointing. It was just an introduction. PEACE OUT V