We were never apart.

We were never apart.

Im Chaeri's work is probably the worst work a girl could have- An assistant of a bossy, arrogant idol. Intinite's L.

Her beeper rang "Yah! Go and make me some coffee!!" She heard L's voice again. She sighed and went to make coffee for her boss.

"What took you so long?!" L basically nagged her for like 24/7. She simply shrugged and set the coffee on L's table. Then she went back to her room and continued daydreaming about her childhood friend and first love.

*Flashback*

Myungsoo approached her with teary eyes.

"What's the problem Myungsoo?" Chaeri asked.

"We're transferring to New York. I'm going to continue my studies there." Myungsoo told her.

They both bursted into tears. "Why?" Chaeri added. "Why are you going to leave me? You know that you're my only friend and I love you." she shouted at him.

"I'm so sorry Chaeri but I have to leave. I need to go now." Then, Myungsoo left Chaeri in tears.

*End flashback*

Due to her daydream, she fell asleep with a teardrop on her face.

On the other hand, L was so annoyed because he kept on beeping to Chaeri's room and asking for soup but Chaeri won'tgo and give him what he wanted. He then stormed to Chaeri's room and saw her asleep and Myungsoo all over again.

"Great, I've got an assistant who's in love with me." L got even more annoyed and so he shouted "YAH! Go and make me some soup!" 

Chaeri hen woke up from her sleep and scratched her head "Arasso L-sshi." she went to the kitchen to look for the ingredients of the soup and great, the most important ingredient was gone.

"L-sshi.. we don't have asparagus anymore." She went to L's room and told him.

"Then what are you waiting for?! Go and buy in the market!" L bossed her again. She nodded and went to the market in a stormy weather. 

Her umbrella flew away due to the wind and so the only thing to leave her unwet is her hood. She went to the market and great, it was already closed due to the cold weather.

She then decided to head back home but the wind won't let her, she stayed frozen in her place until she out.

She opened her eyes and saw herself in a warm couch. 

A small girl (maybe 15 y/o) approached her.

"annyeonghaseyo unni, are you fine now?" the girl said sweetly.

"Ne, thank you so much. Who are you?" Chaeri asked her.

"I'm Hana, I saw you at the market a while ago and I decided to take you home. It was freezing in there. Where do you live anyways?" Hana questioned her.

"L-sshi's house."  she said.

"Oh great. I can't go there. I'm L's cousin and we're in a conflict right now. We promised each other not to go in each other's house for a year." Hana told her.

"It's okay. I'll go there by myself." Chaeri said.

"Aniyo. My house is far. You might get lost. I'll just drive you to the nearest hotel and let L pick you up there." Hana said.

"But if I let him pick me up, then he will nag me all over again. Everyday of my life." Chaeri said.

"Just listen to me, I got this." Hana told her and handed her a sweater.

Chaeri wore it and they went to the hotel.

"You should be fine, I already texted him and he's on his way. I'll leave you now." Hana said.

"No please. Stay with me until he arrives." Chaeri said. Hana nodded and sat with Chaeri on the couch.

"You know, Myungsoo is really a great cousin. Just that, he has a bad temper when he's annoyed. He nags non-stop. " Hana told Chaeri.

"L-sshi's real name is Myungsoo?" Chaeri said shocked.

"Well yeah. You didn't know?" Hana asked.

Chaeri shook her head "Did he happen to be in New York 10 years ago?" 

"Uhuh, why do you ask?" Hana answered.

"I have a friend, named Myungsoo. He left me 10 years ago to study at New York." Chaeri narrated. Hana mouthed an `o'. 

The same time L arrived and sighed.

"I just asked you to buy asparagus and this is what happened?" L nagged.

Chaeri ran to him an hugged him. 

"Hana, what happened to my assistant?" L asked Hana.

"I have nothing to do with that. Ask her." Hana giggled and went out.

L turned to Chaeri with a questioning look.

"You are Myungsoo?" Chaeri asked.

"Duh. You're been working for me for like 3 years and you don't even know my name?!" L nagged again.

"It's me! Chaeri, your childhood friend." Chaeri told him.

"Chaeri? Is this you? Really you?" He looked at Chaeri carefully from head to toe. "Chaeri! It is you!"

"I've been working for you for 3 years and you don't even know my name." Chaeri giggled.

"I missed you so much." L hugged her tightly. "I am never going to leave you again."

"Promise me." Chaeri said.

"I promise never to leave you ever again." L assured her.

"I love you Myungsoo." Chaeri told him.

"I love you more Chaeri. I've been waiting for you all my life." He answered her. "Let's start all over again."

Chaeri nodded. "But first, let's go home and I'll make you soup."  Myungsoo pinched Chaeri's cheeks "You're cute as even."

"Only when I'm with you I am." Chaeri said. "I love you."

"I am never going to get tired of hearing you say that you love me. I love you more." Myungsoo replied.

"We'll be saying these three words to each other for eternity." Chaeri said.

"Agreed." Myungsoo said and added "My heart is yours. Keep it safe and warm."

Myungsoo sealed his first kiss with Chaeri. It was the most perfect moment for the two of them.

Even though they separated for years, their hearts will always belong to each other.