Royal Reminiscence

Royal Reminiscence

Jongwoon sat by the vanity mirror blankly as someone fussed over lining his single lidded eyes with black charcoal and another gently painted his lips a soft, light pink, accenting his pale, flawless skin.

He made no move to stop them, even when they started to undress him and replaced his shabby old clothes with something more silky, and royal.
He just stood there stiffly like a doll, letting them do whatever they want to him; Scrub him clean, dress him beautifully, and make him as flawless as possible.

He didn’t want any of this though, but it was no use to put up a fight.
No matter what he did, he always ended back up where he last was.

“Your highness, you look beautiful.” One of the servant girls complimented as she dabbed some blush lightly upon his cheeks.

But Jongwoon just stared at his reflection that he wasn’t sure if it was him anymore.
He held a cold expression so no one could read the pain that burned inside his chest.
He didn’t want beauty.
He wanted his old life back.

His reflection, that stranger that stared back at him with the same exact expression.
Was it him anymore?
Those soft, full lips that were a light shade of pink like cherry blossoms.
That flawlessly smooth, milky white skin that seemed to glow in the moonlight.
The long, dark lashes that curved up elegantly, casting a crescent shadow beneath his eyes.
The silky black hair that draped lightly over his dark eyes in small waves.
Was this all him?
This is Kim Jongwoon, the little 16 year old farm boy who enjoyed chasing chickens across the field, and sitting on a grassy hill to watch the sunset.

No.
This is not Kim Jongwoon.
This is another Kim Jongwoon.
A Kim Jongwoon that was found by the king, a cruel man that ruled their large kingdom, and was immediately infatuated by the farm boy’s feminine yet handsome features.
A boy who was kidnapped by the palace guards from his own family, and dragged unwillingly to the palace to be wedded with the king as his queen, female or not.

He still remembered the day he was hauled away from his small cabin that he lived with his family happily.
His mother was on her knees—begging that they wouldn’t take her eldest son away, and take her instead. His father was completely blinded by anger, wanting to attack the guards for taking his filial son, but before he could even rise to his own defense, the guard had killed him with one easy slash of the sword to his throat. His younger sister, at age 10, started crying and crawled over towards her father’s lifeless, bleeding body as Jongwoon screamed helplessly at the guards to stop. Jongwoon’s 13 year old brother screamed in horror and started punching uselessly at one of the guards, but the man easily picked the boy up and threw him across the room where he fell unconscious upon the floor as Jongwoon called out desperately to his family.

Jongwoon was never the same again, to say the least.
It’s been 1 week since he had been kidnapped into the palace, and yet he had never seen the king even once, the servants claiming that he was too busy, and instead, should be worrying more about their wedding day that was coming up in 6 months.

Jongwoon was not allowed to leave the palace grounds at all, not even to visit his own family that he was kidnapped from.

Tonight, Jongwoon was to finally meet his to-be husband, only because the king wanted to boast to the other kings about the lovely creature he had found that he will soon wed.

“Your highness, it is time we leave for the meeting.” One the servant’s bowed, offering one hand to Jongwoon.

Jongwoon looked away from his reflection and slowly took the hand hesitantly, and stood up.
Tonight, he will finally meet the king.
Tonight, his life will forever change.


“Ah, Kyuhyun my friend! It’s been a long time since we last met!” Siwon said just as Kyuhyun finished greeting another ruler of a kingdom.

Kyuhyun smiled in response and gave the other a brotherly hug in response. “Yes, Choi Siwon, it has been quite some time since we have last met. And yet, when I finally get some news about you, it’s about you finally finding a significant other.”

“My deepest apologies.” Siwon smiled, gesturing him over towards a table as they maneuvered through the large, crowded room. “I’ve been quite busy after I took the throne since China has been quite some trouble.”

“No worries, my friend. I completely understand.” Kyuhyun said, kneeling down upon a pillow as Siwon gestured a servant over to pour him some Soju.

“Thank you. I knew you would, considering that you have finally acknowledged your place as prince, from what I’ve heard.” Siwon said.

“Ah, yes. I was young and foolish. But I’ve got some duties to fulfill as Prince, now that I’m 21.” Kyuhyun chuckled. “But right now, we are not talking about me. Let’s hear about your lovely to-be wife.” He said, drinking the Soju gratefully.

“Well, he’s amazing to say the least.” Siwon smiled.

“He?” Kyuhyun questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“Yes, he. I know you prefer men too, Kyuhyun-ah. So do not be so surprised.” Siwon said, giving the younger a look. “He’s elegant, and beautiful with fair skin and dark hair. His smile is what caught my attention though.”

“You make him sound very lovely, Siwon-ah. I’d love to meet him some time.” Kyuhyun grinned, taking another offer of rice wine.

“You will, actually. Very soon. I’ve invited all the kings of Korea to show them my lovely queen-to-be tonight, and to invite them all to our wedding that is coming up. Will you come to our wedding, my dear friend?” Siwon asked.

“I shall try, Siwon.” Kyuhyun said curtly, but just as he was about to ask something, a servant walked up to them and whispered something to Siwon that made the ruler smile.

Siwon excused himself from Kyuhyun before ascending a few stairs to reach the throne, and raised both hands up, palms out in a ‘silence’ motion, and everyone ceased their talking.
“I would like to thank you all, for attending this lovely evening, for I have great news. I have found myself a beautiful queen that I will marry within 6 months, and I have invited you all here tonight to meet her.”

Kyuhyun smiled a little, impressed at how easily Siwon seemed to control everyone, but turned a little in surprise when there was a collective gasp from everyone.

He looked up towards the entrance again to see that the queen-to-be has entered, and Kyuhyun’s eyes widened in awe.
Just like how Siwon had described him to be, he was lovely.
He was thin with slender shoulders, not too tall or too short, and he held an elegant but yet strong air around him.
Kyuhyun wanted to touch the pale skin as he watched the young male slowly make his way towards Siwon. He wanted to hold those, small but delicate fingers in his own hands.

But something was wrong.
He was breathtakingly beautiful, indeed, but it was the cold expression on the small male’s face that ruined the beauty.
He had remembered Siwon telling him that he had a lovely smile, but why wasn’t he smiling now?

The young boy was unresponsive, even when the king gently took his hand and announced that he was his future wife. The boy stared blankly at nothing, his face completely expressionless.
How could such beauty hold such a bitter expression?

It pained Kyuhyun to know that this lovely creature was unhappy.

Throughout the rest of the event, Kyuhyun talked with some of the other guests, but most of the time, his attention was mainly focused on the young boy that was forced to sit next to Siwon through it all.

Kyuhyun watched curiously as the boy excused himself from the king, and slowly made his way out of the great hall. The young prince quickly checked his surroundings, making sure that nobody was watching him, before sneaking out after the other.

He glanced around in the dark a little since it was night time, before his eyes finally settled upon a dark, retreating figure.

“Your highness!” He called out, running after the other, but the younger continued walking, not bothering to look back at all.

Kyuhyun jogged forward towards the retreating boy, but stopped when something shiny caught his attention.
He frowned a little in curiosity, and bent forward to pick it up from the ground, to see that it was a intricately designed, moon shaped jade necklace that hung around a simple, red string. It was beautiful, to say the least, it’s smooth, light green surface cool to the touch beneath the prince’s fingers.

“Your highness!” Kyuhyun called out again. “I think you’ve dropped something!”

The boy stopped walking immediately; tensing at the title he was given.
The boy turned slowly and looked over his shoulders blankly at Kyuhyun, his brown eyes staring questioningly at the king.

“Here,” Kyuhyun said, quickly running up to the younger, and handed it to the boy, who quickly snatched it back possessively and dusted it off panickly. “May I have your name please, your highness?” Kyuhyun said with a small smile as he bowed and gently took the other’s small, delicate hands, and kissed the back of it lightly like any other gentleman, but the other pulled away.

“Jongwoon. Kim Jongwoon.” The young boy muttered, taking a step back away from the other, one hand still clutching the necklace close to his chest.

“Jongwoon….” Kyuhyun said, letting the name roll across his tongue, before smiling widely. “You are very unique, Jongwoon-ah.”

The young boy just looked away from Kyuhyun, as disrespectful as it may be, but he didn’t care.
All rulers to Jongwoon were all cruel and controlling.

“May I ask where you’re going this lovely evening, your highness?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Walking.” Jongwoon said simply.

“May I you, my lady?” Kyuhyun said with a small bow.

“I am no lady!” Jongwoon snapped, finally showing some sort of reaction.

“Oh, my deepest apologies, your highness. I was just thinking that ‘lady’ would be more appropriate, for you are to be the new Queen soon.” Kyuhyun said, before offering his hand to the boy. “It would be my pleasure to walk with such a beautiful creature like you tonight.”

Jongwoon stared at the hand quizzically for a moment, pondering over if he should trust the elder or not.
If he took up the offer, he could get a tour of the kingdom without getting lost.
But yet, this Prince Kyuhyun may be a threat to Jongwoon.

The boy reached up slowly to tie the necklace back around his neck easily, before gently, hesitantly sliding his small fingers into the Prince’s much longer one’s. He’d rather be wandering around the Palace aimlessly with the prince than standing unwillingly in a crowd of people for them to admire over.

A wide grin spread across Kyuhyun’s face as he closed his fingers lightly around the other’s, and gestured with his other hand for them to continue walking.

Kyuhyun watched in amusement when he noticed that the boy seemed to look and study everything, as if he has not seen the palace before, but their hands still stayed connected.
Not only was the young boy beautiful, he was quite adorable when a curious expression crossed over his face, followed up by a question that he was wondering about, and Kyuhyun would kindly explain to the other.

“Your highness?” Kyuhyun questioned softly as he watched the younger sit by the Koi pond, dipping a single finger in to play with the fish.

Jongwoon looked up questioningly at the prince, not bothering to pull his finger back out of the cold water.

“May I ask you something?” Kyuhyun said, sitting down besides the boy.

“I cannot reject, for you are of a higher ranking than me….” Jongwoon pointed out, but immediately regretted it when he realized that it came out pretty blunt. “I’m sorry, sir, I didn’t mean it to be so rude.”
Even though he hated the whole line of royalty in Korea, it was still very bad to insult a Prince in anyway.

“It’s alright. It’s the truth, though I hate to admit it. Just because I’m the Prince, I’m treated so…..differently.” Kyuhyun sighed, staring up at the moon.

Jongwoon stared at the other as he tilted his head. Kyuhyun might not be as bad as the other, because it sounded like he actually had a heart.
“Your question, highness?” Jongwoon said, looking back down at the colorful fish as he tried to change the subject.

“Ah, right.” Kyuhyun muttered, turning to look at the handsome boy. “Why did you look so…..bitter back there? In the great hall?”

Jongwoon’s small finger stopped swirling the water around and tensed once again at the question.
“Nothing. I wasn’t bitter….” The boy lied, pulling his hand back out.

Kyuhyun pulled a handkerchief out from his pocket and handed it to the young boy who took it without hesitation to dry his hands. “But you were so quiet, it worried me. Is something wrong?”

Jongwoon’s jaw clenched at the last question.
Is something wrong?
Did he expect a small, 16 year old boy that was kidnapped from his loving family, to be happy with living within the palace walls? To be dressed everyday like a lady in bright Hanbok’s? To be stared at everyday at his flawless beauty? To be used and bent like a doll for the king’s entertainment?
Is something wrong?

Jongwoon spun around to face the elder who leaned back a little in surprise, and glared at him.

“Of all people who should be asking me that, it has to be you. A royal prince of Korea. A man that has so much power over his kingdom that everyone obeys oh-so-well. And you’re asking me, is there something wrong?!” Jongwoon yelled. “Yes, there is, your majesty! I was taken away from my own home just because this bastard of a king decided that I was to his liking! I am forced to wear these long Hanbok’s just to look pretty and more feminine as a Queen! I even have to use titles as if I’m a girl! I am a boy for god’s sake! I do not take pleasure in wearing all this make up to please other’s eyes!” Jongwoon cried, feeling the tears burn at his eyes.

“Jongwoon, I-“

“Kill me then if you are so displeased with my behavior! I was only just a young farm boy to start out with!” Jongwoon sobbed, wiping hastily at his tears with the back of his hand.

“Jongwoon my love, please, calm down.” Kyuhyun whispered, grabbing the boy’s small wrists and pulled him to his chest tightly as he pressed the boy’s face to the crook of his neck. “I will cause you no harm. I had not meant to hurt you, Jongwoon. I just wanted to get to know you better.” He said, gently the dark hair soothingly.

Jongwoon’s tears immediately stopped, shocked by the other’s sudden action, holding him flush against the prince’s chest.
Why was Kyuhyun, a soon-to-be-ruler of Korea, so kind to him? He was, after all, his best friend’s lover and a simple farm boy.

Jongwoon quickly pulled away, a little flustered by the prince’s actions, and stood up abruptly.
He gave the other a panicked look, taking a hesitant step back, before spinning around and quickly ran off.

“Jongwoon-ah!” Kyuhyun called out, standing up too, but the boy just kept running, leaving a shocked Kyuhyun behind.


Jongwoon refused to leave his room until all the guests have left the palace, including Kyuhyun.
Siwon was not so happy about the boy’s attitude, but said and did nothing about it, for he knew that the boy either way would be hard to convince and persuade in general.

It’s been another week since the gathering of the kings, and Jongwoon was finally allowed to move about the large palace, but of course, with a guard to “protect” him. “Protect” as in making sure he doesn’t try to run away.

Jongwoon somehow managed to persuade and convince the guard to take a break, telling him he’ll only be staying around the Koi pond, nowhere else.
After a whole five minutes of aegyo whining and pouting, the guard finally agreed, and left to find his own friends to probably talk about some pretty lady he saw at the tavern.

The 16 year old boy sighed in relief and sat down by the pond, before resting his arms on the raised edge of the pond, staring at the fish that swam fluidly in the cool water.
He stared blankly at them for a moment, finally feeling at ease for once in the palace.
He found comfort in the way the water made small swishing and splashing sounds every time a fish swam by, and the way the sun rays reflected off the surface of the clear water, adding a thin layer of glitter on the cool surface.
It was beautiful to Jongwoon.

Jongwoon closed his eyes slowly, listening to the soft twitter of the distant birds and the cool breeze that blew by, rustling his dark hair softly.

“My beautiful muse, what brings you out here today?”

Jongwoon’s eyes snapped open in surprise at the familiar voice, and pulled away from the ponds edge to look up at the owner of the voice.
“Kyuhyun Oppa.” He said instinctively, not knowing that he had actually blurted that out.

“Yes, your highness?” Kyuhyun smiled, bending forward and offered a hand to the young boy to help him up, knowing that the dress was probably hard to maneuver around in, but the boy just ignored the kind gesture and got up himself.

“Why are you here?” Jongwoon said, taking a step back away from the Prince. “You’re not supposed to be here until the wedding. There’s still over 5 months.”

“Are you not happy to see me, my love?” Kyuhyun asked, raising an eyebrow as he straightened up again.

“Don’t call me that. I am not yours.” The boy muttered, turning away from looking at the taller male.

“If only I had seen you sooner, you would’ve been mine.” Kyuhyun whispered, stepping closer to the boy and grabbed the younger by the waist, pulling him close.

A light blush rose up to the boys pale cheeks, and he looked away nervously as he attempted to pull away from the Prince’s strong arms.

“Look at me, Jongwoon-ah.” Kyuhyun breathed, reaching up with one hand to grab the younger’s chin softly and turned his face so they were looking at each other. “Am I not better than Siwon? Come to me, my muse; be mine. I will protect you.”

Jongwoon shook his head furiously, trying desperately to pull away, only to fail once again. “Your highness, please stop. I can’t.” he said, wondering what the hell is so amazing about him, that two men were falling for him now. Not to mention that they both come from a long line of royalties.

“But you can, my love. I can help you escape. I can protect your family in my own kingdom; away from Siwon’s wrath. I’m a fair ruler, Jongwoon-ah. You can trust me.” Kyuhyun whispered, leaning closer so their gazes met.

“But Oppa….” Jongwoon said quietly.
He had no other choice, really.
To stay with Siwon was like a life time in prison.
His freedom was in Kyuhyun’s hands now.
Kyuhyun was kind, gentle, and definitely very affectionate.
Jongwoon couldn’t say that he loved the other, but he definitely has some sort of feelings towards him.

“Please, Jongwoon. Give me a bit of time, and you’ll be free. We’ll live happily together in my palace. You’re family will also be safe in my kingdom. You’ll be my queen, my beautiful queen.” Kyuhyun said softly, brushing the black fringes back away from the boy’s brown eyes.

“But I barely know you, your highness….” Jongwoon whispered quietly, looking up into the elder’s golden brown eyes.

“I guess you do not believe in ‘love at first sight’.” Kyuhyun smiled, causing the younger to blush deeply again. “You have a kind heart, Jongwoon; I can tell. You are a tender, caring lover, my muse. Please trust me. I can protect you, and your family.”

Jongwoon let out a small, shaky breath as he shook his head again, trying to pull away.
He couldn’t choose.

“Just tell me to leave then, Jongwoon, and I will. But I need to hear it from you first. I will not give up until you have proven to me that you hate me.” Kyuhyun said, grabbing the boy’s wrists and held them tightly to his chest to hold the younger still.

“But I don’t hate you, your highness….”Jongwoon said, stopping in his movements.

“Then give me a chance, my love. I will prove to you that I’m worthy of your love. You will be happy with me.”

The young boy stared up at the other hesitantly for a moment, before looking away in defeat, knowing that it was no use to struggle anymore.

Kyuhyun smiled softly, knowing that the younger had given up on defying him, before sliding his hand up to the boy’s cheek, his other arm wrapped tightly around his skinny waist.
He let his fingers caress the smooth skin a little, before he leaned closer.
“I will do anything to protect you, my love.” He whispered, before pressing his lips lightly to the boys, bringing them together into a soft, tender kiss.

Jongwoon froze in the king’s arms, unable to move, completely shocked.
The other’s lips were soft against his own, not eager at all, willing to wait for Jongwoon to respond.

Jongwoon pulled away a little, his lips an inch away from the other’s as he gazed into the warm, brown eyes of the Prince. “Promise?” He whispered.

“I promise, Jongwoon.” Kyuhyun said softly.

The boy stared into the prince’s eyes for a sign of hesitation or a lie, but all he saw was warmth and sincerity. He tilted his head slightly, and leaned forward, closing the small distance between their lips again, lost in the soft warmth of it all as the Prince held him closer.

Little did they know, that it wouldn’t be so easy to take action.


“Jongwoon my love.”

The young boy spun around in surprise to see Kyuhyun standing a few yards behind him.
“Kyuhyun, what are you doing here?!” He gasped, as the elder approached him with a wide grin.
It was late at night, and Jongwoon has been sitting by his room mirror the whole evening, just staring blankly at his reflection, even refusing to eat.

Ever since Jongwoon has been brought into the palace, he hadn’t been himself.
He’d always either just sit in his room and stare at things, or when he was finally allowed to wander around the palace, he walked around aimlessly with a blank expression.
The only who has been able to pull some sort of reaction to things, was Prince Cho Kyuhyun.

“I have come to see you, my beautiful lover.” Kyuhyun smiled, pulling the boy into his arms and placed a small kiss to his lips.

“B-But, the guard, he-“

“Do not fret, my love. Sungmin, your guard, happens to be my friend and a spy from my kingdom. He understands my situation with you.” Kyuhyun said softly, reaching down to gently take the boys hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing the back of his small hand delicately.

“Spy?” The younger asked in confusion, thinking that Kyuhyun and Siwon were good friends.

Kyuhyun wrapped an arm around the boy and guided him towards the futon, before lying down with the other resting by his side, the boys head lying comfortably upon the prince’s chest.
“Yes, spy.” Kyuhyun sighed; reaching up to gently the younger’s silky, raven black hair. “I was to befriend Choi Siwon when I was 16, so my father, the king, could get information about this kingdom, and we could take it over, knowing that the Choi’s are cruel rulers. I was the spy, and I still am, technically, so my friendship with Siwon is fake. Choi Siwon is a cruel man, yes, even I have noticed.” The prince explained.

Jongwoon blinked once as he snuggled closer to the warm, firm chest.
“And you trust me with such important and dangerous information, Oppa?” He whispered quietly, looking up at the prince. “After all, I am the king’s future consort.”

Kyuhyun smiled and wrapped an arm around the younger’s slim waist, and leaned down to kiss him softly, which the boy gladly replied back to.
“Of course, my love. After all, you are my little secret too.” He grinned, reaching up with one hand to caress the boy’s cheeks. “I will never regret taking you from Siwon. He does not deserve such a beautiful, kind creature like you. I’m not sure if I deserve you either, but I’m better than him, right?”

The younger blinked a little as he stared at the elder.
The prince was so kind to him, making him feel loved for once in all this time he has been in the Choi Kingdom.
Jongwoon smiled a little at the prince and nodded, knowing that he could trust Kyuhyun with his life now, and pressed his face to the crook of the elder’s neck, sticking close to the prince’s side.

Kyuhyun smiled in satisfactory, finally seeing the beautiful and bright smile that never showed up.
“I’m here to stay for a bit.” Kyuhyun said quietly. “I am supposedly, right now, to be planning some attacks on smaller kingdoms with Siwon. But on your wedding day, my father has planned to invade the Choi Kingdom. That’s why, no matter what, I‘m taking you with me under my protection as my future consort. You will be my lover, right?”

Jongwoon smiled softly to himself as he kissed the prince’s cheek softly. “Of course. That is how I shall repay you for your kindness.”

“Repay me?” Kyuhyun frowned. “So you do not love me willingly?”

“No, that is not what I meant, Kyuhyun-ah.” Jongwoon said, stifling a giggle of amusement. “I’m just saying that is the least I could do to support you. I love you for more than that. I trust you.”

“Good. I did not want to force you into anything you don’t want. I love you, and I want you to be happy with me.” Kyuhyun smiled, gently the soft hair again, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead.

A comforting silence fell over them as Kyuhyun just enjoyed himself with petting the young boy as Jongwoon just closed his eyes and took in the gentle touches.

“Jongwoon-ah, can I ask you of something?” The prince whispered.

The boy shifted a little in his arms and looked up at the elder again. “Hm?”

“Could you…..could you sing to me?” Kyuhyun asked sheepishly.

Jongwoon smiled a little as he tilted his head in curiosity. “Why? I could, yes, but I’m just wondering….”

“I want to hear you sing, my muse. You have a beautiful voice when you talk already.”

The younger smiled again before resting his cheek back against the firm chest and his lips a little, and started singing….

오늘도 내 기억을 따라헤매다

이 길 끝에서 서성이는 나

다신 볼 수도 없는 니가 나를 붙잡아

나는 또 이 길을 묻는다

 

널 보고 싶다고

또 안고 싶다고

저 하늘보며 기도하는 날

 

니가 아니면 안돼

너 없인 난 안돼

나 이렇게 하루 한달을 또 일년을

나 아파도 좋아

내 맘 다쳐도 좋아 난

그래 난 너 하나만 사랑하니까

 

나 두 번 다시는

보 낼 수 없다고

나 너를 잊고 살순 없다고

 

니가 아니면 안돼

너 없인 난 안돼

나 이렇게 하루 한달을 또 일년을

나 아파도 좋아

내 맘 다쳐도 좋아 난

그 래 난 너 하나만 사랑하니까

 

내 멍든 가슴이

널 찾아오라고

소 리쳐 부른다

 

넌 어딨는거니

나의 목소리 들리지 않니

나 에게는

 

나 다시 살아도

몇 번을 태어나도

하루도 니가 없이 살 수 없는 나

내가 지켜줄 사람

내가 사랑할 사람 난

그래 난 너 하나면 충분하니까

너 하나만 사랑하니까~

(Eng. Translation:
Today, I wander in my memory

I’m pacing around on the end of this way

You’re still holding me tightly, even though i can’t see you any more

I’m losing my way again

 

I’m praying to the sky I want see you and hold you more

that i want to see you and hold you more

 

It can’t be if it’s not you

I can’t be without you

it’s okay if I’m hurt for a day and a year like this

it’s fine even if my heart’s hurts

yes because I’m just in love with you

 

I cannot send you away one more time

I can’t live without you

 

it can’t be if it’s not you

i can’t be without you

it’s okay if I’m hurt for a day and a year like this

it’s fine even if my heart’s hurts

Yes because I’m just in love with you

 

My bruised heart

is screaming to me to find you

where are you?

can’t you hear my voice?

to me…

 

if I live my life again

if I’m born over and over again

I can’t live without you for a day

You’re the one I will keep

you’re the one I will love

I’m…yes because I’m happy enough if i could be with you~)

 

 

Jongwoon stopped after the song was over, before blushing a deep shade of red, burying his face against the prince’s chest to hide the embarrassment.

“Yesung…” Kyuhyun murmured softly, holding the boy tightly to his chest. “Jongwoon my love, you’re voice is beautiful. It’s lovelier than I had expected.” He smiled, gently tilting the boys face up again so they were looking at each other. “The name Yesung suits you better.”

Jongwoon grinned at his new name, given by his lover, and tilted his face up a little to kiss the elder softly, letting their lips linger for a bit longer.

“I love you, Yesung-ah.”


“What is it that is bothering you today, my love?”

Jongwoon looked up a little from the Koi pond at the sound of another approaching, but to no surprise, he saw Kyuhyun standing behind him not so far away with a questioning gaze.
“Nothing is, Prince Cho.” He said quietly, before returning his attention to the fish again.

It’s been a whole two months since they both have accepted their forbidden love for each other, and they have only grown closer within that time.

“Then where is that beautiful smile I love so much, Yesung-ah? What is that bitter expression I see right now?” Kyuhyun sighed, gently taking a seat next to his young lover and wrapped an arm around the boy’s waist, holding him close. He was not afraid to be so intimate with the younger, knowing that Sungmin will be there somewhere to fend people off that walked by to give them some alone time.

“It is nothing, your highness. I am just thinking too much.” The boy whispered, leaning lightly against the elder’s broad shoulders.

“How many times do I have to tell you, my love? You may call me Kyuhyun. I do not want to be treated as the higher ranking I am when I’m around you. Yesung, you are my lover, and you have the right to call me anything.” The prince sighed again, tightening his hold from around the boy. “What are you thinking about that is bothering you so much? Sungmin told me you’ve been a bit down.”

“You’re spying on me?” Jongwoon frowned pulling away a little from his shoulders to look up at the other again.

“No my love, that is not spying. It’s merely an observation from Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said, pressing a kiss to the boy’s forehead in reassurance. “Please, Jongwoon-ah. Tell me what’s wrong? What are you thinking about?”

“I’m just…..” Jongwoon started, and sighed in defeat, falling back against the elder’s comfortable shoulders. “I’m just wondering how my family is right now. The guards killed my father, and the only male left in the household is my younger brother. But he’s only ten, not even a teenager yet. Are they eating well? Are they earning enough? Will they be warm enough when winter comes? I‘m so worried, Kyuhyun-ah.”

Kyuhyun grimaced a little in understanding, and rubbed the boy’s back soothingly. “I’m sorry, Yesung. The Choi’s men do kill ruthlessly. I’m sure they’re fine though, my love. They’re strong like you, right?”

Jongwoon just nodded once in reply, but deep in his mind, he highly doubted it as he pressed his face against the crook of the other’s neck again, breathing in the prince’s familiar scent that calmed him for some reason.

“Is there anything I could do to make you happy again, my love?” Kyuhyun asked quietly, pressing his lips and nose lightly into the boy’s soft black hair, also taking in the familiar sweet scent.

Jongwoon shook his head sadly as he pulled back a little only to slide down a bit so his cheek now rested upon the prince’s chest again, listening to the soft heart beat.

Kyuhyun reached up to gently thread his fingers through the dark hair and press the head closer to his chest, kissing the top of his head softly. “Nothing at all, Yesung? I miss that smile….” He whispered.

Jongwoon bit his bottom lip a little in thought, but his idea was just plain ridiculous, knowing that it was probably impossible and reckless.

When the boy didn’t answer, Kyuhyun knew his lover had something in mind.
“Tell me, my love. What is it that you want?” he urged on.

“It’s noth—“

“No, tell me Jongwoon. It hurts me to see you so bitter again.”

“I….” Jongwoon started, before pressing his face tightly to the prince’s chest in shame at his next request. “I want to see my family. I want to see how they are.”

Kyuhyun’s expression immediately fell when he heard the request. “I’m sorry my princess, I cannot do that….” He whispered softly, legitimately feeling bad, unable to fulfill his lover’s wish.

Jongwoon grimaced a little and pulled back away. “It’s alright, I understand. After all, I’m not in your kingdom.” He sighed, before standing up. “Excuse me, I want to be alone.”

“But—“

The boy left without another word, leaving the prince all alone in the garden by the Koi pond.


Jongwoon sat in the wooden tub filled with hot water, excusing all the servants, wanting to just sit in the steaming water alone and stare aimlessly at nothing again.
He didn’t want to see anyone but his family right then, being the filial son he is.

He slid down lower in the hot water that was sprinkled lightly with red rose petals, so his lips were beneath the surface, letting the warmth engulf him and closed his eyes tiredly.
Life in the palace was too hard for him.

His room door suddenly burst open, causing him to sit up in surprise, only to see Kyuhyun peek around the screen that stood next to the wooden tub to hide the person that was bathing.

“Kyuhyun-ah!” he cried out in surprise, immediately using his arms to wrap around himself to hide his body, and closed his legs a little.

“Oh, sorry!” Kyuhyun said, quickly turning back around as he clamped is hands over his eyes. “Could you get dressed please?”

“Can’t you knock? Or at least give some kind of warning before barging into a room like that? I still like some privacy, Prince Cho.” Jongwoon muttered angrily as he stepped out of the wooden tub, making sure the elder’s back was still to him, and grabbed the robes that were draped across the screen, and tied it loosely around him. “What do you want?”

“Can I….Can I turn around now?” Kyuhyun asked cautiously.

“Yes!” Jongwoon said exasperatedly, grabbing the prince’s shoulder and spinning him around. “What do you want?!”

Kyuhyun tried to hide the blush at the sight of the younger’s boy’s long legs and milky white collar bones.
“Wear this!” he said, ing something forward at his lover who took a step back

Jongwoon frowned as his took the item from Kyuhyun, to see that it was clothing.
To be more specific, a guards uniform. “Kyuhyun?”

“Y-You said you w-wanted to s-see your family.” Kyuhyun said shyly, rocking back and forth on his heels. “So I asked S-Sungmin for a uniform f-for you so w-we could sneak out…..”

Jongwoon stared at the clothing in his arms for a moment, before tackling the prince into a tight hug, pressing his lips to the elder’s, bringing them in together for a passionate kiss.

Kyuhyun smiled happily to himself and wrapped his arms around the boy’s slender waist, bringing him in closer to his body as they kissed.

Jongwoon pulled back away after a moment to breathe and grinned like a fool at the elder. “Thanks, Kyuhyun-ah.”

The prince just smiled and planted a chaste kiss to his lover’s lips and released him. “Hurry and get dressed. You’ll be disguised as Sungmin for now, and Sungmin will pretend to be you, asleep in bed.”

The younger nodded and quickly started to take off his robe, causing Kyuhyun’s eyes to widen and quickly turn away from the tempting sight.

A moment later, they find each other maneuvering around the palace quietly in the dark, trying not to be seen.

“Prince Kyuhyun!” Someone called out.

The prince immediately straightened back up, trying not to look suspicious, and turned to look at the guard that had called out to him with a fake smile.

“Where are you going so late?” The guard asked with a bow. “It is dangerous out there.”

“I…..am……..just curious about your kingdom, and I’d like to explore it while I can.” Kyuhyun said, trying to hide the nervous waver in his tone. “ Do not question what I do! I am the prince, and I could do what I like!” he said sternly, but it came out more childish.

“Yes, your majesty. I am sorry for interrupting your business.” The guard said with another as he stared at the prince a little suspiciously. “I’d suggest taking a guard with you.”

“Who do you think is standing next to me then?” Kyuhyun snapped as the person that stood next to him lowered his head a little to hide his face.

“Ah, right. Then I guess I shall take my leave, your highness. Enjoy your midnight…..stroll, Prince Cho.” The guard said, casting the other guard a suspicious look, before walking away.

When the guard disappeared from sight, Kyuhyun let out a sigh of relief. “That was close.” He muttered before glancing at Jongwoon who was shaking a little from the small scare. He gently brought the boy in close to his arms and kissed him softly. “It’s alright, my love. We’re fine now.”

“M-Maybe we shouldn’t do this.” Jongwoon whispered nervously. “I don’t want to cause you any trouble, Kyuhyun-ah. Please, we don’t have to do this. I was just being ridiculous. I don’t want you to get caught doing this. You—“

“Yesung-ah, my beautiful muse. Do not worry. We’ll make it in and out safely, alright?” Kyuhyun said, gently the boy’s hair, trying to calm him.

“But the guard—“

“I know. We’ll be fine though.” Kyuhyun whispered, kissing his lover’s forehead softly. “Let’s go before another guard passes by.” He said, sliding his hand down from the boy’s waist to hold the younger’s small hands.

A moment later, they were soon out of the palace and running for the small towns quickly, but the weird thing that the young boy noticed, was that the streets were very empty.
No matter how late it was, there were always some late night markets that the locals enjoyed going to.

They finally stopped right in front of a small house that seemed oddly quiet and cold.

Kyuhyun stepped up next to Yesung and gave his hand a small, reassuring squeeze, before gently pushing the boy forward towards the door.

Jongwoon swallowed nervously, before reaching up a little, and knocked somewhat loudly.

No response.

The boy slowly opened the door and peeked in. “Umma?” He called out.

Silence.

“JongJin-ah?” Jongwoon called out to his younger brother nervously as he felt anxiety sweep over him and opened the door wider, stepping in.”
He searched all the small rooms, although there wasn’t much to search since it was a small house, but there was no sign of anyone.

“Kyuhyun-ah, they’re gone. Where are they, Kyuhyun? I’m scared. Where could they be? They wouldn’t leave me like that would they?” The boy whispered brokenly, his voice wavering from the tears he tried to hold back.

“No, my love, of course they wouldn’t. “ Kyuhyun said worriedly, trying hard to sound comforting, but it was a bit odd. He pulled the broken boy into his arms tightly and held him close, kissing his forehead softly. “Come, let’s try to ask someone.”

Jongwoon followed the elder out, hoping that there would be some sort of news of his family, but the last thing that Jongwoon wanted to happen, came true.

“E-Excuse me, ma’am.” Kyuhyun called out to a woman that happened to walk by at such a late time.

The woman looked up a little, and immediately fell to her knees at the sight of the Cho Prince. “Oh, your highness!” She said.

“Oh, no, it’s alright. Please, please stand up.” Kyuhyun said quickly, immediately leaning forward and helped the woman up as Jongwoon still stood nervously by the prince’s side, biting his nails like he usually would whenever he didn’t get something, or he was merely just bored.

“H-How may I h-help you, your majesty?” The woman asked, her head lowered in a slight bow in respect.

“Um, may I ask where this family is? The Kim’s?” The royalty asked, pointing towards the small house.

“Oh,” The woman’s expression immediately darkened when she saw the direction the prince was pointing towards. “They died.”

There was a small gasp from beside Kyuhyun and the prince immediately knew that Jongwoon was completely frozen in shock now.

“D-Died?” Kyuhyun stammered. “When? How?”

“Well, um, there was a disease that passed over this town. Nobody knew what it really was, and it was extremely contagious. It happens that the Kim household didn’t appear to be so lucky. First there eldest son gets taken away by the palace guards, and the father was also killed. Next, they all die of the disease. It was a few months back that that had happened, but we gave them a proper burial. They were a very well known and respected family. Such kind people.” The woman sighed with a shake of her head.

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun said quickly when he felt the boy’s hand that was threaded through his, tighten painfully around his.

The woman bowed again in response before walking off, leaving the two alone.

“Yesung?” Kyuhyun whispered hesitantly, since he couldn’t see the boy’s face. “Yesung, look at me.”

Jongwoon shook his head stubbornly as tears forced their way out, trickling down his cheeks in steady streams.

Kyuhyun tightened his grip around the boy’s hand, before suddenly jerking the boy forward, running as fast as he can, pulling a surprised Jongwoon behind.

They ran, and ran, and ran for as long as their legs could allow them to.
Ignoring the burning pain in their legs and lungs, as long as they could still run, they ran.

Kyuhyun finally fell to a slow stop at the top of a grassy hill, and Jongwoon immediately collapsed down onto the soft grass, letting out a sob as loud as his pained lungs could allow him to.

“Oh Jongwoon my love, my beautiful Yesung. I’m so sorry.” Kyuhyun whispered softly, falling down upon his knees next to the younger and pulled him tightly to his chest again as the boy cried.

Jongwoon let out a heart wrenching scream at the pain that tore through his chest as his hands clenched tightly to the front of Kyuhyun’s top, tears streaking down his face with his eyes shut tight.

“Yesung, oh Yesung don’t cry. I’m so sorry this happened. “Kyuhyun said sadly, feeling his own heart throb painfully at the vulnerable and broken state his younger was in.

“Oppa! They’re gone! They’re gone Kyuhyun-ah!” The boy sobbed loudly clutching tightly to the prince, not wanting to ever let go.

“I know, I’m sorry.” The prince said.
That was all he could say.
There was nothing he could actually do for the boy now, except to hold him close and comfort him.

“I miss them, Kyuhyun-ah! They were my family! Now I….I can’t…I just…..”

“I know, Jongwoon, I k now.” Kyuhyun said softly, gently rocking their bodies back and forth as he the boy’s hair comfortingly.

They stayed like that for a long time in each other’s arms as the boy cried his heart out, muttering inaudible words.
It hurt too much for Jongwoon to talk.
His mother, his caring mother was now gone with his childish but adorable younger brother and sibling.
If only if he had been there.
If only he had been there to take care of them himself, to encourage them to get well.
But now they were gone, leaving Jongwoon all alone in this cruel world.

“Kyuhyun-ah?” Jongwoon hiccupped, curling in tighter against the elder’s chest.

“Hm?” Kyuhyun hummed in response, kissing the top of the boy’s hair softly as he held the boy’s head close to his chest.

“This necklace….” Jongwoon whispered, pulling something out from beneath his clothes.

Kyuhyun tilted his head slightly to peer down, to see that it was the moon jade necklace that Jongwoon had dropped on their first meeting.

“This necklace,” Jongwoon repeated. “My father gave it to me. It was passed down through my family, father to son. He said it was unique, Kyuhyun, like me. He told me it took time and patience to create such a masterpiece, just like how it takes time and patience to make an odd but sweet child like me.” The boy said quietly as he stared at the jade necklace in hand, lost in his memories.
But he suddenly just let it go again, the cool jade falling back against the boy’s chest as he buried his face close to the prince’s firm chest. “Kyuhyun-ah, I miss them. I miss and love them so much…” He cried.

“Jongwoon, my beautiful lover.” Kyuhyun whispered softly, bending his head down a little to press a gentle kiss to the boys tear stained cheeks when the younger’s sobs had finally ceased to loud sniffles and hiccups. But no matter what, Jongwoon was still dying in the inside, his sobs finally ceasing only because he was out of tears to cry out.
Kyuhyun moved his lips further down a little more to press another tender kiss to the boys trembling lips in comfort.

To the prince’s surprise, the younger replied hesitantly to the kiss.
Kyuhyun leaned in closer as he gently adjusted the boy in his arms to hold him closer to his chest, deepening the kiss only a little.

Jongwoon slowly slid his small hands up to the elder’s neck to pull their lips closer together.

Kyuhyun let out a small satisfied sigh as he brought one hand to the back of the boy’s head, tilting his own head to the side a little for more access.

Things were unexpectedly getting more heated up as their kiss lingered on, hands sliding down to places that were past the comfort zone as they kissed.

“K-Kyuhyun-ah…” Jongwoon breathed out quietly against the prince’s soft lips, finding himself now laying upon the grass with the elder hovering above him.

“Jongwoon-ah, this shouldn’t be happening. What are you doing to me?” Kyuhyun said breathlessly as he tried to hide the growl of ual frustration in the back of his throat.

“I know…” The boy muttered quietly, gazing up into the elder’s eyes that were now dark with lust.
He leaned up again a little more to press their lips back together again for a sloppy kiss, tasting the prince’s mouth thoroughly.

Kyuhyun gladly replied back as he soon found his hands sliding up the boy’s top, letting his fingers caress the hot, smooth skin on his abs.

“P-Please….Kyuhyun-ah….help me forget….it hurts too much…..make me forget…..please……” Jongwoon begged against the prince’s lips, his back arching slightly in response to the soft touch against his toned stomach.

“But Yesung-ah, you—“

“I don’t care, Kyuhyun. Please, make me forget.” Jongwoon said brokenly, before pulling the elder back down, not giving the prince a single second to think over it.

Kyuhyun moaned at the gentle but yet eager boy, his hands finally finding their way to the front of the boy’s chest where the offending piece of clothing was “Are you sure, my love? I don’t want to take advantage of you in such a broken state.”

The boy of 16 nodded once and slowly took off his top, allowing the soft fabric to slide off his shapely body.

Kyuhyun’s breath hitched in his throat as he stared at the creamy skin of the younger’s perfectly sculpted collar bones and pale neck that seemed to glow beautifully beneath the moonlight.
He leaned forward and pressed his lips softly to the boy’s collar bone, feeling the smooth, creamy skin beneath his lips, before parting his lips a little to on it lightly.

Jongwoon let out a small sigh of pleasure as his small hands slid up the prince’s back, pressing their lower bodies closer together to create some much needed friction.

Kyuhyun moaned at the contact, slowly grinding their hips together a little more.
He knew he shouldn’t be doing this, especially to someone as young as Jongwoon, but the boy wanted it. He needed it.
Kyuhyun was the only person left in this world that would ever actually love, and care for him deeply.
It was up to Kyuhyun now, not that he minded…..


Jongwoon stared the floor blankly, his face showing no expression at all.
His lips, those soft, plump lips that were last kissed by Prince Kyuhyun, were now painted a deep, blood red. His face was powdered to a pale, flawless perfection, and his eyes were lined thinly with black charcoal, accenting his large, almond shaped eyes.

It’s been 5 months.
Five months since Jongwoon had found out his family was gone.
Five months since the night that Kyuhyun made love to him beneath the starry sky, and,
five months since Kyuhyun had left him.

When Jongwoon woke up the night after Kyuhyun went to visit his family with him, only to find out they were dead, Jongwoon couldn’t find the prince anywhere, until he asked one of the palace guards.
The guard had told him that the prince had left, with no reason at all along with Sungmin.

When Kyuhyun left, Jongwoon wasn’t himself anymore, at all.
Not a bit of sanity was left in him.
He cried every night; he stayed in his room 24/7, refusing to even leave to go to the pond.
He’d wake up every night, hoping that everything that had happened was just a dream.
But he knew it couldn’t be true.
He couldn’t have wished that he was never kidnapped from his own family, because otherwise, he would’ve never met Prince Kyuhyun.

He had no more hope left at all. He had lost that thin string of hope that was connected to Kyuhyun.
Yesung thought that the prince didn’t want him anymore. He was just a toy the whole time, just like any other girl or woman a royal man keeps for entertainment before throwing them away.

And now, now he finds himself on his knees in front of Siwon who was also kneeling in front of him, smiling widely at the young boy on their ‘wedding’ day, surrounded by all of the Choi Kingdom’s allies.

 

But two months before the wedding, Jongwoon didn’t want to remember anymore. After many days of sitting lonely in his room, the time finally paid off.
He woke up one morning after crying his heart out, to not remember who has been preening and comforting him when he had found out his family had died.
He didn’t remember who Cho Kyuhyun was anymore.

He had no memory of him anymore.
He couldn’t feel, hear, or sense anything around him anymore.
Kim Jongwoon was just a living porcelain doll now.

Everyone that had attended the wedding crooned over how amazing the young boy looked; how flawless and beautiful he was, but Jongwoon showed no response what so ever.
His eyes were glazed over, staring at nothing in general.

“….And now, you may seal the love with a kiss.” The preacher said, raising his hands a little.

Siwon reached forward a little, grabbing the boy’s slender shoulders who didn’t even flinch from the contact, and brought the boy in close for the kiss.

“My Queen.” Siwon whispered quietly, before tilting the younger’s chin up a little, and leaned down.

Jongwoon could feel the King’s warm breath against his own lips, but he still made no move to stop him, their lips only a mere centimeter apart, when they were suddenly interrupted by a loud scream, followed by the sound of metal clashing together.

“STOP!”

Everyone gasped a little and turned towards the doors to see who had screamed such nonsense at a wedding.

Siwon growled and pulled away angrily to glare at the crowd, searching for whoever had called out as the crowd slowly parted, revealing the person.

“Cho Kyuhyun.” The king snarled. “What nonsense is this you bring to my wedding day?”

“Let him go.” Kyuhyun said, with his sword drawn, pointing it straight at Siwon.

“Let who go? I hold no one of importance to you, hostage.” Siwon said, walking down the few steps of stairs as the whole crowd broke out into nervous whispers.

“Him.” Kyuhyun said, gesturing with a jerk of his neck towards the boy that was still kneeling on the marble ground, staring blankly at a wall.

“Jongwoon? Why would I let him go? He is mine!” The king said, still slowly approaching the younger prince.

“Kim Jongwoon!” Kyuhyun called out, hoping to catch the boy’s attention.

The younger blinked slowly once, before turning his head mechanically to stare blankly at the prince who still had his sword pointed at Siwon, but was staring softly at the boy.

Jongwoon just stared at the stranger that had called out to him blankly, and blinked again.

“J-Jongwoon-ah….” Kyuhyun said again, watching the boy.
The younger stared at him as if he was a stranger, someone that has never appeared in his life before.
Someone that had never loved him, someone that had never comforted him, someone that had never even approached him.
“Please, Yesung-ah, say something.”

But the 16 year old boy just blinked again, before turning his head again to stare straight ahead, no longer wanting to stare at a stranger anymore.

A hurt expression crossed over Kyuhyun’s face when the boy turned away. A throbbing pain in his chest replaced the warmth that he originally had when he finally saw his lover again.

Siwon took the prince’s taken-aback state to draw his own sword, and attacked the younger.

Kyuhyun jumped back from the dive Siwon made towards him, but the sword still grazed his waist, drawing blood.

“Why are you here, Kyuhyun?! This is my wedding! You are my friend!” Siwon yelled, diving in for another strike again.

Kyuhyun dodged a little and sidestepped away. “My father had been planning against you forever, Choi Siwon! You are so ignorant of other kingdoms!”

By now, everyone was running around screaming, trying to escape the palace, only to notice that guards from the Cho Kingdom were filing in and setting the palace on fire.
The crowd was in a mess, running around panickly, trying to find a way out, while Jongwoon still knelt stiffly on the floor.

“Your father?!” Siwon said angrily. “What does Jongwoon have to do with this then?!”

“I love him!” Kyuhyun cried out.

Siwon’s eyes widened at the answer he had received, stunned by it.

Kyuhyun quickly took this moment to strike forward and knock the sword out of the king’s hand, and quickly kicked it away from arms reach.

Siwon growled at the prince, before quickly running away weaponless.

Kyuhyun didn’t bother to chase him right then.
All that mattered right then, was to get his lover to safety.
But when he turned his attention back to the stage, Jongwoon was gone.

He looked around panickly as Sungmin ran in, grabbing the prince’s arm.

“Prince Kyuhyun, we must go! Our soldiers are burning the kingdom down!” Sungmin said, pulling at the prince.

“No! Jongwoon-ah! Find Jongwoon!” Kyuhyun yelled, jerking out of his guards grasp and ran out of the main hall.

“No! Prince Cho!” Sungmin called out, running after the long legged Prince.


Yesung felt himself suddenly jerked up by a pair of strong arms from the marble ground as the king and the stranger continued yelling and fighting each other.

“Come with me your highness. This is the king’s orders.” A masculine guard said through gritted teeth, his hands grasping tightly at the 16 year old boy’s biceps tightly.

Jongwoon let out a small pained sound as he scrambled back up onto his feet, and the guard dragged him off.

Jongwoon stumbled along clumsily behind the guard, not knowing where they were heading towards.

He didn’t know where he was until he was tugged into a room and thrown onto a bed. To be more specific, his bed.

“I’m sorry I have to do this, your highness.” The guard said, genuinely apologetic as he reached forward and bound the boy’s wrists and ankles together. “I know I shouldn’t be doing this, but it was the king’s orders. He only married you because he needed the rightful place as the king, and because you are attractive to him. Even though he has the title of a king, he doesn’t have the right to rule the kingdom until he has an official consort.” The guard sighed, taking a step back once the boy was tied up. “I’m sorry.” The guard repeated, before leaving the room and locked the door.

Jongwoon blinked once in confusion, but otherwise, did nothing else.
His life was already ruined, so why bother fighting for it again?

He could already see the brightness of the flames outside of his room, and a few flames that reached through and beneath his.

He curled up tightly upon the bed and just continued on staring as he watched hot flames quickly start to spread and climb higher up towards the room ceiling, filling the room up with dark smoke.

Jongwoon coughed a little as he inhaled the smoke, but still didn’t make a move to escape, or call out for help, but he did flinch when the fire reached the edge of the bed where he sat.
The red flames consumed everything it crossed, showing no mercy as everything burnt to crisps in its merciless path.

“Jongwoon!” A voice called out from a distant.

The boy looked up a little from the flames a little in surprise.
He didn’t respond though. Jongwoon just wanted to die.
There was nothing for him to live for anymore.

He curled up tighter, pulling his knees up close to his chest as he buried his face into his arms, feeling the burning heat of the air against his face and neck.

“Jongwoon!” The voice called out again, this time right outside his door.

“Prince Cho, we must leave! He won’t be in there!” Another voice joined in.

“No! Look! There’s a lock here! They locked him in here!” The voice urged on.

“No, Prince Ch-“

There was a sudden sound of metal clashing and then the doors swung open, letting out most of the contained heat from the room and hot flames.

“Jongwoon!” The voice yelled, pulling the boy’s attention to the dark figure from behind the wall of flames.

He squinted a little, trying to make out the faint outline of another.

“Yesung!” The figure said. “I’m coming!”

Yesung……Yesung….
That name.
That one name triggered something in the back of the boy’s mind.

“Kyuhyun…..” The name slipped from the boys lips easily, although he doesn’t remember who that person was.
His mind just screamed that name at him.

“No! Your highness, it’s too dangerous!” Another called out, but the dark figure ignored the other and ran straight through the flames towards the young boy who still sat curled up on the bed.

“Oh Jongwoon, my beautiful muse. My beautiful queen.” The other breathed, pulling Jongwoon tightly against the tallers firm chest.

Jongwoon sat frozen in the other’s arms as the he whispered soft, comforting words to the boy as the flames engulfed more of the room.

“I’m so sorry I left you, Jongwoon-ah. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. I love you so much…”

“Kyuhyun-ah….” Jongwoon repeated quietly against the other male’s chest.

The elder gently pulled away to cup the younger boy’s face in his hands, pressing a soft kiss to those soft lips. “I’m sorry, Yesung. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have left you like that. I—“

“Kyuhyun,” Jongwoon interjected, touching the prince’s face softly.

The other immediately stopped talking, wanting to hear the boy’s low voice.

“I love you.” Jongwoon whispered, catching the older off guard.
The memories came rushing back to him as the prince held him close.
Those soft touches, sweet words, and soft lips.
He remembers everything.

Kyuhyun blinked a few times in surprise, before finally snapping out of it when he realized they were still literally in a battle field, and a room engulfed in hot flames. “Let’s go Jongwoon.” He said, pulling the boy up onto his feet.

Jongwoon gave the elder a small puppy face and stuck his wrists out that were tied together.

“Oh, right. Sorry.” Kyuhyun muttered sheepishly, before pulling out a dagger from his belt, and sliced the thick ropes away from the boys wrists and ankles.
He slid one arm beneath the boys knees, and another around his waist, before lifting the boy up swiftly in his arms, hastily kicking some burning pieces of wood away as he made his way towards the open doorway where Sungmin stood waiting nervously.

“Oh Jongwoon! You’re safe!” Sungmin cried out, tackling the young boy into a hug once Kyuhyun had set the younger back down onto flat ground.
No matter how cold hearted Sungmin could get sometimes, the young boy held a small spot in his heart because of his sweet smile.

“Hey, what about me?” Kyuhyun said with a fake hurt expression.

“ you.” Sungmin said simply, gently wiping some soot off the young boys pale face as the younger blushed a little and smiled at the sweet action.

“Yah! I’m your prince, and he’s mine!” Kyuhyun said possessively, grabbing the younger’s shoulders and pulled him back to his chest, crooning over the smaller male.

“And I, Lee Sungmin, as your guard, am supposed to protect you. Yet you ran straight into that fire without even considering the consequences.” Sungmin glared.

“Oh shut up and let’s go!” Kyuhyun growled, not wanting to argue since he knew Sungmin would win this debate either way.

“You ready to leave?” Kyuhyun said with a small smile, sticking his hand out for the young boy.

Jongwoon stared at the prince’s long finger’s, before gently sliding his own small hands into the other’s.
His freedom was now in Kyuhyun’s hands. “Yes.” He whispered with a bright smile in reply.

Kyuhyun grinned and pulled the boy in for a chaste kiss, before breaking out into a sprint with the boy in tow, followed close behind with Sungmin.

When they reached the koi pond, Kyuhyun suddenly came to an abrupt stop, causing the clumsy boy to collide onto his back from behind.

Jongwoon peered around Kyuhyun’s shoulders in curiosity at why he had stopped so suddenly, only to see Siwon standing a few yards away, holding up a bow.

“You will not get away for all of this, Cho Kyuhyun.” Siwon snarled, reaching back a little to grab an arrow.

“Sungmin, take Jongwoon away. Run.” Kyuhyun muttered under his breath, releasing the young boy’s hand.

“Your majesty, you—“

“He’ll chase after us even if we run!” Kyuhyun snapped, before pushing a stunned Jongwoon back a little towards Sungmin. “Go. I’ll manage myself.”

“Please, Kyuhyun, you can’t—“Yesung started, but the prince jerked the boy into his arms tightly, and kissed him passionately, their lips tangled together in an emotional battle.

“Please, Jongwoon-ah. Trust me. I promised I will get you out of here, so I will.” Kyuhyun said, pulling away from the kiss.

“Enough of this lovey dovey-ness! You have taken my love, and my spot as king! You will regret that, Cho Kyuhyun!” Siwon yelled, notching the arrow into place.

Kyuhyun looked up at Sungmin with a stern expression, which the soldier replied back with a worried one, before grabbing the young boy’s wrists, and pulled him away, running.

“No! Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun-ah!” Jongwoon cried out over his shoulder, but Sungmin kept pulling and running, his grip tight around the boy’s wrists.

“When did you fall for Jongwoon.” Siwon demanded, his arrow still notched and the bow stretched to its max.

“When I first met him.” Kyuhyun replied back simply, knowing that pulling out a sword would be useless since he never did major in defense skills. “Maybe you should’ve cared for him a little more. But I guess it’s too late now that I have him.”

“Why have you plotted all this? I thought we were friends.” The king said unhappily, the hostility still clear in his voice.

“That’s why we were friends, Choi Siwon. It was because I needed information from you.” Kyuhyun smirked, checking his hands out as if this was a normal, casual conversation when his life obviously was on the line.

“So all along, you were just using me? We were not friends at all?”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun said simply.

Siwon let out another growl, hating himself for ever trusting the young prince; to give him all that information about his soldiers and guards formation and how they battled. He should have known when the prince asked him about all the battle techniques they used against other ki9ngdoms.
Their friendship had all been a lie.

“You will die tonight, Cho Kyuhyun. And you will never see your beautiful Kim Jongwoon ever again. You will die failing your father’s task of taking over my Kingdom.”

“You’re wrong, Siwon. As you can see, you have already lost. Your kingdom is already burnt to the ground.” Kyuhyun said.
He could feel the fear rising in his chest, but he refused to show it.
If he was going to die, he will die with a brave heart of protecting his lover.

“NO! I will win this battle! I’ve gone through so much to get to this place as King! And I will not let you, a measly prince from the Cho Kingdom, to take me down from this place!” Siwon said, before pulling the bow further back.
“You will die.”

Kyuhyun closed his eyes slowly and awaited his upcoming death.
He could hear the string on the bow stretch furthermore as Siwon pointed the sharp point of the arrow at the young prince’s heart.

“NO!” A voice cried out.

Kyuhyun’s eyes snapped back open in surprise to see a figure move in front of the arrow.

“Sungmin!”

“Run Kyuhyun! Jongwoon still needs you! He’s waiting for you by the gates! You promised you will love him and give him freedom! You can’t break that promise now!” Sungmin said, looking back at his prince. “And I, Lee Sungmin, promised I would protect you.”

“Sungmin…..” Kyuhyun whispered under his breath.

Enough! So you want to die, huh, little soldier?! Then you will be first!”

Sungmin clenched his eyes shut and flinched as he watched the cruel king release the arrow, awaiting the pain.

But it never came.

Instead, the sound of the arrow piercing through paper thin skin was heard through the quiet night.

 

“JONGWOON!”

Sungmin’s eyes immediately snapped open at the sound of the younger’s name, looking around frantically for the boy.

Kyuhyun immediately ran forward to catch his falling lover.

“Kyuhyun!” Sungmin cried out, and also ran forward just as Siwon shot another arrow.
The guard pulled his sword out and deflected the arrow from the prince and the bleeding boy, before quickly attacking the king who was a little taken-aback by the guard.
Siwon immediately fell to his death, for he had no sword, as Sungmin drove the sharp sword through the King’s heart, and pulled it back out sharply.

“Please, no, please Jongwoon-ah….” Kyuhyun cried, clutching the small male close to his chest.

Sungmin turned back away from the king’s twitching body and ran back towards his prince and his lover. “Let me see him, your highness.” Sungmin said softly, but his voice wavered a little.

Kyuhyun at first refused to let go of the bleeding boy whose breath was turning shallower by the second, but Sungmin gave the prince’s arm a firm squeeze and the other finally let the small, frail boy go.

“Jongwoon-ah….stay with us alright?” Sungmin whispered, but his breath caught in his throat when he noticed that the arrow was lodged on the left side of the younger’s chest, awfully close to the heart.

The younger’s eyes slowly fluttered open to stare up at Sungmin worriedly.
“Kyuhyun….” He managed weakly. “Kyuhyun, is he alright?”

“Pabo!” Sungmin said suddenly. “How could you possibly be worrying about that idiot right now!”

A small, weak smile flittered across Jongwoon’s pained expression, still looking up at the soldier. “Because I love him.” He whispered raspily.

“Yesung-ah, I’m right here.” Kyuhyun sobbed quietly, gently taking the younger’s small hands and pressed it softly to his cheeks, kissing the palm of it lightly.

“Kyuhyun-ah….” Yesung whispered softly. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. But you…you are….…..your chest…..”

“I know, Kyuhyun-ah.”

“But you’ll die!” The prince blurted out as more tears threatened to fall.

Sungmin gently pulled the boys dark bangs back away from his eyes that were slightly damp with sweat and pressed his hands around the arrow, trying to slow the bleeding.

“As long as you’re safe, Kyuhyun, I’ll be fine.” Jongwoon said, gently gliding his thumb across the elder’s cheekbone.

“Why, Yesung, why? After all I’ve done, I just wanted you to be happy.” Kyuhyun sobbed, leaning in closer to press gentle kisses to the boy’s forehead that Sungmin has been for the past few minutes.

“But I am happy….” Jongwoon smiled, but immediately coughed up a mouthful of crimson blood.

“No, please, not you. Not us…” The prince cried, pressing his forehead against the boys as he kissed those blood covered lips he loved so much.

“Prince Cho, he’s not going to last any longer.” Sungmin said panickly, hearing the light gurgle of blood filling Yesung’s lungs.

“No!” Kyuhyun screamed, pulling back a little only to bury his face against the uninjured side of the boy’s chest, his hands clenching tightly at the younger’s small cold ones.

“Sungmin….” Jongwoon said suddenly, and the soldier gently reached down to take the younger’s free hand.

“What is it?” The soldier said softly, still gently the younger’s hair softly.

“Could you promise me something?” Jongwoon asked beggingly, but coughed up more blood.

“I’ll try my hardest.” Sungmin said, giving the younger’s hand a small reassuring squeeze.

“Promise me…” Jongwoon started, looking up at the soldier. “Promise me you’ll protect Kyuhyun, make him happy for me, and stay by his side.”

“I-I……I can’t, Jongwoon-ah. I can’t.”

“Why? He’ll need you, Sungmin-ah. Please, he won’t have me anymore. Please, do this for me?”

“No, Jongwoon-ah. You won’t die. I promised I’ll take you back with me. I promised you safety and freedom!” Kyuhyun yelled, his voice cracking ever so slightly as tears streaked down his cheeks.

“But I am free, Kyuhyun-ah. Siwon’s dead; the Choi Kingdom has fallen. “Jongwoon smiled, gesturing weakly at the burning buildings around them and the Cho soldiers running around battling against their opponents.
The blood had stopped gushing out since the boy didn’t have much to lose now. “And I am safe; safe in your heart.”

Jongwoon turned his head again a little to look up at Sungmin again. “Promise me?”

“I……I promise.” Sungmin said dejectedly. “I’ll try my hardest for you.”

“Good.” Jongwoon smiled brightly.

Kyuhyun’s heart shattered from the breathtaking smile; so innocent and sweet.
How could the boy smile at such a time?!

“Kyuhyun?”

The prince looked up at the boy again, afraid of what he was about to say next, knowing exactly what’s going to happen.

“Promise me something too.”

“No, I can’t. Please, please don’t make me.” Kyuhyun cried, shaking his head furiously as another sob threatened to take over.

“But you have to, Kyuhyun-ah. Please, promise me.” Jongwoon said, squeezing the elder’s hand with as much strength he had left in his body.

Kyuhyun stared into the boy’s dark brown eyes a little, willing the boy not to say it, but the younger just stared up at him beggingly.

The prince looked away in defeat and wiped at his tears hastily. “alright.” He said quietly.

“Promise me.” Jongwoon smiled again. “Promise me that you’ll find another. Promise me that you’ll still live without me. Create a free, fair country for me.”

“But I can’t, Jongwoon-ah! I can’t and I will not!” Kyuhyun screamed again, extremely frustrated at how the boy couldn’t understand his pain right now.

“You can, Kyuhyun-ah. You can! You’re still young, you can find another.” Jongwoon said, tears forming in his own eyes, but his breathing was becoming shallower and more pained.

Kyuhyun just nodded once in order to stop the boy’s torturous words, but he did not plan on carrying out that promise, not caring that he actually just did promise.

Jongwoon smiled happily again, and gently took both Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s hands, and clasped them together. “You both promised me.”

“Hush, Jongwoon. We’ll try to save you. You’ll be fine again, and free with Kyuhyun. Just please, stay with us.” Sungmin whispered softly.

Jongwoon snuggled closer into the prince’s embrace, inhaling the familiar scent that he will forever miss.

Kyuhyun pulled the boy closer and kissed his forehead softly. “I love you Jongwoon-ah…” He cried, rocking their bodies back and forth.

They stayed like that for a moment in each other’s arms with all three of their hands still clasped together, listening to the distant sounds swords clashing and wood crumbling down to the ground from the fire.

Jongwoon tensed suddenly in the prince’s arms, causing the prince to look down worriedly.
 “It’s so cold, Kyuhyun….” He said quietly. “I’m so tired…..”

“It’s time.” Sungmin whispered, looking up at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun’s face fell, but he no longer had the energy to cry and beg anymore, knowing that he couldn’t control someone’s life.
“Rest, my love.” Was all he said, before bringing the small, cold figure closer to his warm chest, kissing the boys lips softly. “Tell your family I promised them freedom for me.”

Jongwoon smiled weakly with his remaining strength, and nodded once.
“I love you, Cho Kyuhyun.”
And with those last words, the boy’s small hands slid away from Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s  interlaced ones, and hit the cold, stone floor limply as his eyes fluttered shut. His head fell back a little and his body slackened in the prince’s arms completely.

Kyuhyun let out a choked sob before he threw his head back and let out an agonized scream.
“JONGWOON!”

Sungmin flinched at the pain filled cry, but made no move to calm the other, knowing that it was useless.
He quickly wiped at his own tears before gently reaching up and jerked the sharp arrow out of the boy’s chest that no longer bled.

“My prince….” Sungmin said softly, watching the other who was now hunched over his deceased lover’s body, shaking.

“I’ll bury you here, Jongwoon-ah. This is free land now, under Cho Royalty’s control.” Kyuhyun whispered, gently the dead boy’s raven black hair lovingly.

Sungmin allowed Kyuhyun to gently wipe the blood away from the boys face, before he stood up.
“Let’s go, your highness, your father awaits you.”

Kyuhyun looked up at his soldier, before looking back down at his lover again.
He smiled softly and gently brushed the dark bangs back into place, and wiped a bit of more blood off the corner of the boy’s lips, staring lovingly at the soft, resting facial features of his lover.
“I love you, Kim Jongwoon.”


Circa 2012…..

Kyuhyun frowned a little as he studied the map in his own hands, turning it upside down and then back straight again.
No, he was not lost!
He was merely……..new, and confused.
There’s a difference.

He sighed a little and ran his long fingers through his hair frustration.
Today, he was supposed to meet up with some of his classmates from school to do a school project on a historical sight.
He agreed, with his friends, to do it on the Cho Kingdom, mainly around the area where one of Korea’s top kingdoms, the Choi’s, was taken down by the Cho Kingdom.
He actually only picked that place because the Kingdom shared the same last name as him, as vain as it may sound.

Kyuhyun let out another frustrated sigh again, and looked around him a little.
He was standing by a Koi pond….okay….that means he should go straight and then take a left.
But why did it seem like he always just ends up by the Koi pond again?!

Kyuhyun sighed and sat down by the Koi pond’s edge, taking a short break, knowing that his friends were probably not even there yet, considering that they were……well, Kyuhyun’s friends, of course.

The boy smiled happily to himself as he took in the beautiful scenery.
The buildings were old, yes, but he knew each individual brick on those walls, held a small, memorable story.
But what caught the college students eyes the most, was what looked like a marble slate by the Koi pond.

He scooted around the large Koi pond, and knelt down a little to read what was written on it.
“Kim…..Jong…..Woon.” He read the name. “The young boy with a bright smile.”
That was all that was written on the marble slate.
He smiled softly and reached up a little to touch the cool stone lightly with his long, slender fingers, feeling the stories and memories that may be hidden beneath its cold surface with the pads of his fingers.

Kyuhyun straightened back up after a moment, pulling his map back out and decided he should get going before his friends actually do get to their meeting place before him.
“Left……” he murmured under his breath quietly, his brows furrowed together in confusion.

But when he looked back up from the map again, here he was, back by the Koi pond.

He pouted unconsciously to himself, and tried again.
Kyuhyun took a few steps forward again, trying to follow the map, only to run straight into someone.

Kyuhyun stumbled back a little, the map falling from his grasp, and he immediately lunged forward to grab it, but his head collided with the other who had also dropped something, and caught something else instead.

They both cried out in surprise and stepped back from each other.

“S-Sorry!” the other muttered apologetically, slipping what looked like a phone back into his back pocket, which probably meant he was texting when he ran into Kyuhyun.
The boy was young; maybe still only a sophomore or Junior In high school, when Kyuhyun himself was a sophomore at his college already. He was oddly handsome and cute for someone so young with long, messy raven black hair that hung loosely over his almond shaped eyes and abnormally pale skin with a light blush to it.

“It’s alright.” Kyuhyun said quickly, averting his eyes a little when he realized he was gaping at the boy, and looked down to see what he had caught instead of his map.
“Um…... is this yours?” he asked, lifting up what looked like a crescent shaped, jade necklace that hung on a thin, red string.

“Oh! Yes!”
The boy immediately reached forward and snatched the necklace back away from Kyuhyun’s hands. “Thanks.” He said shyly, dusting the milky green stone off a little while giving the taller male a smile.

Kyuhyun smiled in response and reached forward to take his map back from the boy who had bent over to pick it back up for him.

But Kyuhyun had miscalculated the distance between their hands, so when he reached forward, his own hand accidentally brushed the boy’s smaller ones.
He pulled back in surprise when a surge of electricity shocked his hand at the light contact.
It wasn’t painful, no, but it was more of a warm, tingling sensation against his own hand.

The boy looked up questioningly at Kyuhyun’s sudden action, still holding up the map for Kyuhyun.

I must be hallucinating..….He didn’t feel it…..
Kyuhyun thought to himself.
He gave the younger a small, apologetic smile and reached forward to take the map back thankfully.

The younger lowered his head a little bashfully, before he gave the taller a small wave as in ‘bye’ and started walking away while tying the jade necklace back around his neck.

Kyuhyun stared after the retreating boy for a moment, smiling to himself since he actually secretly enjoyed the small interaction between them and then shrugged a little, turning the opposite direction and walked off himself.

But suddenly, Kyuhyun stopped in his tracks, his eyes cast downwards at the ground. He soon found himself whipping around sharply.
“YESUNG!” he called out almost desperately.

The young boy stopped walking himself, before turning a little to give the taller male a bright, sly smile.
“I thought you’d never call me that again, Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

 

A/N:
Look! My first one-shot EVER! Be proud *applauds*
Although it's still pretty long for a one-shot....
PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
Tell me how it was, so I know what I should do for future reference :)
Anyways, thanks for subscribing guys! I love you, you, and you!
For those who have been reading my storie's, I will not be updating anytime soon, sorry! Schoolwork is being a big pain in the .
I only managed to type up a one-shot because one-shot's for me, are sort right on the spot, kind of thing, while my stories, I actually hand write them out first.

Anywho, PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS! ♥