Chapter 2. Im sorry. I really love you. -Taemin

Haru haru (하루 하루 Day by Day)

 

Minho sat in his worn out gray chair as he curled his legs into his body, grabbing whatever he could and pulling it. He whimpered to himself as he finally opened his eyes to reveal the movie that was playing on the TV. His life. His love. His heart.

 

Illuminated on the screen were Taemin and himself by the river smiling happily.  Taemin smiled up at him, his wrapped in Minhos and Taemin’s arms bracing them both tightly. 'I remember this...That was the day...' whispered Minho gripping his wrinkled shirt, stretching it and splitting it to the seams, as he clenched his muscles making himself smaller. He remembered it perfectly, watching the glowing screen he listened to the laughter coming from Taemin’s sweet little voice.

 

 

"Yah! Are you coming Minho!?!" laughed a cheerful light voice behind the camera. "I'm coming............. to get you Tae!" announced Minho catching up, as Taemin screamed, the camera bobbled up and down. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the sun shined down brightly on the two,  playing at the rivers edge. "Gotcha!" smiled Minho burying his head near Taemin’s silky hair and his arms draped around the smaller boys sides. Taemin laughed as Minho took a deep breath inhaling Taemin’s scent, soft and sweet mixed with a bit of spring air. “You’re going to make me drop the camera pabo!" Taemin said between fits of laughter, steadying the camera. Suddenly Taemin slips out of Minhos grip and sets the camera down. "Come on slow poke!" he smiled jogging towards the damp cement stepping-stones that stretched across the narrow river.

 

"I'm going to win!!" Taemin teased Minho poking him in the side as he raced past Minho, Minho laughed as they raced to the stepping-stones. Pushing and playfully shoving, seeing who would get there first. The first one who made it on the stone was Minho though, being confident and competitive as ever, leaping from the land to the stone circle, almost slipping but recovering quickly. Immediately after Minho made it Taemin jumped onto the small space but slipping on the slick surface. As Taemin started to plummet the water a pair of firm hands grabbed his and pulled him up. When Taemin looked he was staring right into the brown glassy eyes of Minho. He pulled her closer to his face as he grabbed her hand, breathing softly, both of them on the now tiny rock. "Hey." he breathed smiling "Thanks." Taemin said caught in his intense gaze, Taemin’s hand still in her. "Anytime." Minho laughs as Taemin steppes into the stone beside him. "Come one!" Taemin says, His hand still in Minhos as he leads him across the gray rocks.

 

Minho grins, as he tries not to trip into the water, but fails and has to lean on Taemin’s hand for support. Taemin giggles as they leap across the stones hand in hand until they both make it to the other side, the crystal clear water softly flowing past them. Where they both jump off and land on firm ground together. They both laugh and stare at each other and back at the other side of the stream, as they realize they have to go back to the other side to get the camera."It's all your fault we have to go back!" teased Taemin tickling Minhos sides. Taemin yelps in surprise as he feels hands grip his sides and bringing him into a tight embrace. "Let's do it together.” Minho says, his warm soft breath on Taemin’s neck, grabbing her hand and spinning her around and darting across the stones to the other side.

                                           

 

The screen suddenly stopped the video pausing it as curious Taemin came to grab the camera her smiling face stuck on the TV. Minho squirmed clutching and grabbing, withering in pain. Finally with a huff he stood up and went over to the TV and kicked it. But the image still didn't change. Minho knelt down to the TV and banged the sides, rattling Taemin’s smile. "ARRG!" yelled Minho kicking the TV again. His phone buzzed. It was Seungri telling him to come down stairs.Minho stopped and paused trying, and failing to clear his clearing his mind, his face going blank of any emotion, though his mind was racing. He looked around his black apartment frustrated, grabbed his jacket and swiftly moved out the door leaving the image of Taemin’s smile, illuminating the dark apartment.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"HYUUNGGG!" Said GD his loud yell echoing through the car. "Yeah! Share Hyung!" whined Seungri. "No! You can't have any of my ice cream!" TOP shouted back, pulling the ice cream to the other side of him and away from GD and Seungri trying to grab it as Daesung tried to not get squished in the middle of them. "Aish! All of you stop being children!" threatened Taeyang from behind the wheel. Both of the two boys immediately quieting their bickering.

 

Minho stared out the window with his elbow on the door and his forehead in his hand. Seungri turned Minhos direction, his face pulling into a grimace as he tried to look away. Taeyang carefully took one hand off the steering wheel and placed it on Minhos leg, silently apologizing for where he was driving them. Minho's quickly shot his gaze in Taeyang’s direction as Taeyang looked at Minho sympathetically. Minho didn't want help and brushed Taeyang’s hand of his leg and adjusting his body closer to the window. He instantly felt bad or pushing away his friends but he knew they wouldn't know how he felt so he stayed quiet. Taeyang feeling instantly rejected sighed softly, knowing Minho couldn't help it, turning into the parking garage. He felt guilty from keeping a secret like that from his friend. They all did.

 

"We're going to be at dorms later! Just wait and eat something there!" whispered TOP. "Humph." GD and Seungri huffed crossing their arms and sinking into their seats, knowing they wouldn't get any ice cream. Taeyang slowed down and looked around, craning his neck for an open lot, hough most of them were taken.

 

 

 

"Ready?" asked Taemin, shifting around in her car seat nervously. "Anything you want." Grinned Kai grabbed Taemin’s warm hand and softly patting it.  "Remember Kai," Taemin whispered painfully "you have to be mean. Even though he's one of our best friends, you have to smile.... Like you enjoy his pain..." finishes Taemin willing himself not to cry. "Don't worry Taemin buddy. I’m the best actor in Seoul." Taemin smiled as they scooted closer together, Kai putting his arm around Taemin who leaned onto his warm body.

 

 

Taeyang looked to his right and found two familiar faces. Stopping the brakes on the car. But Minho found them first, grabbing the car door and forcing it open. He raced to the car staring down Kai, whom had his arm around Taemin. Minho stopped in front of Minhos car, hunching over into the hood pounding into the metal, cursing Kai.

 

"He NOT yours so get off of him!!" screamed Minho, who was being pulled off the car by GD and Daesung. "Humph." snorted Kai giving a cocky smile "THATS not what he told me. And YOU saw what I did, she gave her ring to me!'  "I WILL GET YOU!!" screamed Minho struggling to get away from his friends. "HAH!!! You can't even get away form these two!! BRING IT!" snickered Kai. "HE loves me!!" yelled Minho as Seungri, stepped in to calm down his hyung.

 

Kai smiled some more watching Minho yell and strain free for a while more, before saying "Taemin chose me not YOU. Get over it. " Said Kai plainly. Those sent Minho over the edge, and into a frenzied yelling and in any means necessary, trying to throw those who were holding him away. Kai smiled and Taemin stared with a blank expression, forcing himself not to look into Minhos eyes that were clouded with sorrow. Taemin looked away when Minho called his name and when Minho asked Taemin if he loved him. And felt his heart drop when he remembered he couldn't tell him.

They all heard Minhos loud yelling echo through out the gray parking garage, cussing and yelling anything he could.  When finally the walls of Taeyang’s car muffled his hollers.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Crash went another lamp as Minho threw a book across the living room, eliminating all the scourges of light in the now dark room. "STUPID MINHO!" he yelled frantically searching for something else to throw. His eyes found his remote, grabbing for it and chucking it into the mirror, cracking the glass. The only light in the room was the TV, which still glowed brightly with the face of Taemin, which Minho couldn't bear to smash. He stomped over to the shelf his hand searching for something else to release his anger with. His hand locked onto anything and threw it. He grabbed a chair and threw it at the remaining glass on the mirror, shattering it, minuscule pieces showering the floor and some on Minho.

 

He rushed over to the couch tripping on the table leg, and falling onto his hands and knees falling with a thud. He cursed and shot up grabbing the table by its edges and flipping it over, grabbing a red pillow from the dirty couch. Ripping it the fabric, splitting at the seams, spreading tiny snow white feathers, that glowed in the full moon, all over the dark apartment. Minho grabbed a stack of papers and threw them into the air, white pieces landing all around him on the dirty floor. He fell onto his knees, sweat and dirt building up on his face, cuts and little scratches covering his whole body, his breathing labored as tears built up in his eyes and streamed down his face.  He crashed into the cold floor, clutching his broken heart

 

Sehun stood in the door way grimacing, Daesung leaned on him, worried about his friend who was on his knees in what looked like a battle zone. Chanyeol softly approched Daesung and Sehun as he stared in sadness at Minho, making a mess of his apartment. Daesung glanced at Sehun, who had his face scrunched up, biting his lip, hurting for his Minho. Then Daesung turned his attention to Chanyeol shaking his head."Hyungs," asked Sehun not tearing his yes away from the scene in front of them "We need to help him... I- I can’t see him like this." Sehun stepped away from the doorframe. But was suddenly grabbed by Chanyeol who was backed up by accompanying Daesung. "Please Hyung." said Sehun who had a pained expression, his eyes glowing in the moon light like black orbs. "We need to let him deal with it now or he wont be able to handle what’s coming..." sighed the soft voice of Key who joined the three boys at the doorway. Sehun paused analyzing the situation and sighed backpedaling to lean against the door again. "I'm sorry Hyung,” breathed Sehun staring at broken Minho. Feeling for his friend  Chanyeol, Daesung and Key put their arm around Sehun comforting him. They all carefully watched Minho, who was still on the floor, on his knees grabbing his heart, hoping that there was any love at all, left to give.

 

 

Somewhere across town a boy falls against a wall exhausted. Slowly sliding down and onto the cold tile, clutching anything to lessen his fall, his blunt nails dragging across the wall.He suddenly feels his body get warm as the feeling spreads to the cold tile, making the atmosphere almost happy. He the grins when he thinks about wonderful, smiling, heart and love who has had to put up with everything. "I love you Taemin!" he remembers him say. He sighs with the slightest smile one his face as he runs her fingers through his thick hair that glistens under the moonlight. Taemin feels through his hair, it, enjoying it while he can but soon little clumps fall out with each .

His eyes start to get blurry and tears start to fall, as the open window blows cool wind into Taemin’s face sliding pieces of hair onto his wet face. Tears stream down his cheek as he thinks of what will happen in the future as his luscious hair falls out, inch-by-inch, day by day.