Screwed Day

Confession II - Fate

 

Screwed Day
 
-2 years later-
 
"Welcome! How may I help you?" Sungyeol asked the customer with a bright smile, something that is a must have when serving customers. Nowadays the quality of service had increased significantly, hence when he just joined as a salesman, he received thorough training solely on how to serve the customers well.
 
Smile, ask politely, tolerate with nonsense, do whatever they requested... All in all, the customers are always right. The one serving is always wrong. That's the overall concept of service.
 
Sungyeol had never wanted this job. It's because of some financial difficulty in paying for his university fees that he had no choice but to force himself to get employed. He blamed himself for spending so much money on his favourite girl band, going for their concerts, buying albums, merchandise, etc etc. His whole room is just filled with their posters. Every single corner is just the girl group's members' photos. He managed to get one of the member's autograph a year ago, and had immediately went to frame it to preserve it. He still had the autograph on his study table, beside the pink crumpled letter that was left at one corner of the table since two years ago.
 
But, Sungyeol didn't bear to throw it away. He simply put it one side. There was once his mum accidentally threw it into the bin when packing his stuff. He realized it and screamed at his mum, after that he went to the main dustbin in front of his house and rummaged through all the rubbish, not giving any damn about whether he would stink and be dirty or not. Sungyeol still wanted to see the person who wrote this letter. He yearned for him to stand in front of his gate every 8pm. Though the both of them didn't talk, they both shared a mutual feeling for one another. Sungyeol could feel it. Even without talking, it feels like he's already communicating with Myungsoo. 
 
The one thing Sungyeol know surely, is that the first time he saw him, he had a major crush on Myungsoo. Yes, a crush on a guy?! Sungyeol doubted his feelings, but every time he happened to see his face in the massive crowd at the shopping mall, or just walking on the streets, his heart was beating so fast, his cheeks were blushing. He even found out where he stayed so he could take the chance to pass by his house whenever he went out, hoping that he would see him.
 
However, that was a few years ago. Sungyeol wasn't sure if he still had that feelings for Myungsoo. He need to see him to affirm that he still has, or once had feelings for him. Myungsoo apparently moved before Sungyeol returned back to Korea from Russia, leaving him with that pink letter and an aching heart. It was his first time that someone actually confessed to him.
 
"Excuse me? Hello? Excuse me?" 
 
Sungyeol was suddenly pulled back to reality from all his thoughts. He blankly stared at the customer in front of him, blinking his widened eyes, not knowing what action to take next, since he just came back from his 'memory roller coaster'. He could only blame himself for letting his thoughts get the better of him during work. Isn't he someone that is able to draw a line between what is work and what is personal?
 
"Sorry, how may I help you?" Sungyeol said while still trying to get himself back to the reality, not facing the customer. He was embarrassed for not being focused in work and needed the customer to 'wake' him up.
 
"This, is there black for this?" The customer asked.
 
Sungyeol peeked at the shoes and nodded his head. Without looking at the customer, he rushed into the storeroom. 
 
Sungyeol then slapped his forehead after entering the storeroom. He didn't check which shoe size is it! Hence, he had no choice but to take all the size he thought might be the shoe the customer showed him. Stacks of boxes built up and now Sungyeol faced another problem - how is he going to bring all these out?! 
 
-----------------
Yeah I shall stop here! Hehe~ 
 
COMMENT!