You're My Girlfriend

Can We Really Be Together?

"I think you're really special, you remind me of someone I'll never be able to be, the kingka of the school... I've always wanted to be pretty and popular, and you're always surrounded by people, which naturally makes me attracted to you," you said unexpectedly, letting go of all the feelings of admiration you had towards Jeongmin which was all along bottled up. Jeongmin seemed to slightly understand what you were saying, but kept quiet, eyes intently focusing on the pavement as both of you trod along aimlessly.

"I said I'll take care of you just now right," Jeongmin suddenly looked up and firmly said, "and that's a promise. I'll take responsibility for you. I'll make sure you're the happiest girl alive."

"Why? Why are you suddenly treating me so well?" you asked curiously, unable to hide your suspicion at Jeongmin's sudden change in attitude towards you. He shrugged you off, and quickened his pace.

"You're my girlfriend now, okay? Don't ask why, it's just because I say so."

You tried to digest Jeongmin's words and tried to conjure emotions of happiness in you about what he said, but why? Why were you not the slightest bit happy that the boy of your dreams was finally making you his? Why did he seem to be more than the shallow gangster he portrayed himself to be? Did he have emotions? So many questions unanswered, but you just silently walked behind him.

-

"Yah, yah, yah. Haetnim-ah, are you sure you're okay? Are you sure that bad boy Jeongmin didn't hurt you?" Eunji asked you over the phone when you reached home. You were extremely confused and tired by the day's happenings but Eunji had left 17 missed calls, and it was impossible to avert the questions of hers.

"Really, unnie! But he seemed a little weird, like the was deep in thought, and he even said that I'm his girlfriend now =O="

"... Haetnim-ah, stay away from him, really. He's really a bad boy."

"Unnie, the guy of my dreams has finally asked me to be his girlfriend, couldn't you be more supportive of me!? Ah, really..."

"I just don't want you to have any regrets. I'm really worried for you! You're so innocent and cute, every sing--"

"Mummy insists I have to bathe now =O= Talk to you later!" you desperately cut Eunji off, being unable to understand the circumstance you were in. Why was Eunji behaving so weirdly and having so many opinions of Jeongmin although they hardly knew each other? Why was Jeongmin suddenly--- ah, a text came, disrupting your thoughts.

"Jung Haetnim. Have dinner early and bathe early. Come to school early and I will come early. Please be early I have many things to say early in the morning. Don't be un-early. Jeongmin.", the text said. Un-early!? And what's with the constant use of early? You could not comprehend him... perhaps you two were really too different? Oh well, you thought. You could just iron things out and make the best out of tomorrow to understand more about Jeongmin. Dazedly, you fell asleep (without even bathing, yes =O=).