Final

Stay with me

Sorry, I know I promised to write on Love my Enemy - yes I will do so, but I just had this pop up in my mind and I needed to write it down. I hope you enjoy it anyway :)

 

When I think back
On these times
And the dreams
We left behind
I'll be glad 'cause
I was blessed to get
To have you in my life
When I look back
On these days
I'll look and see your face
You were right there for me

 

 

It was hard to breathe. Yesung felt that his whole Body was on fire and he had to force himself to open his eyes. As his vision got back to the usual sharpness he heard loud noises, which confused him a lot. What … what was going on? And in the very moment he could see clear again it hit him. Ryeowook and himself were on the way back from the trip to the hospital. They were laughing and joking, beyond happiness.

 

For over 3 years the couple tried to get pregnant, which was nothing unusual anymore, since the science evolved so far and created special treatment for usually infertile people, no matter if it came to women or men. It was a scandal at first, especially for the big religions. Men having kids on their own? Abominations, god didn't want that, he hates it and will kill them all.

 

To put it all together it was a long way until it was not seen as something horrible anymore. Still it was some kind of a thing that no one speaks of, but (almost) everyone who wants it does it. Same with Yesung and Ryeowook. And now it finally worked out, after 3 long years trying. Their hearts seemed to burst with joy, Ryeowook a little more than Yesung, but that was only because he had the proof in his own hands – or rather his own body.

 

The Couple had been together for over 8 years, which was a very long time considering that Yesung just hit his 24th Birthday. They met in kindergarden, immediately drawn to each other. It didn't matter that there were other children, those two only wanted to play with each other and no one else. Their mothers – and everyone else of course – always joked that they were closer than even twins, always by each others side, almost attached to each others hip. Of course there were bad tongues also, saying they were too close for boys. But Yesung's and Ryeowooks parents didn't care. They loved their children and when they were happy everything was alright.

 

When they hit the teenager years it became clear that both got even closer and no surprise to anyone Ryeowook was confessed to by Yesung. They started dating and it went on for years. Of course they had their bad times too, even though it never lasted long. After 4 years Yesung surprised his boyfriend with a perfect little ring, nothing too opulent, but not too restrained either. It had their initials engraved since the whole names were too long for the small silver band.

 

They were engaged for half a year before they legally got married, the very day they turned 18. It was back then when Ryeowook asked Yesung if he wanted to have kids, since the science announced the evolvement of pregnancy. Yesung thought about it for a few months before he concluded – which took a little convincing from his baby nephew, who was just so adorable – that it would be wonderful to have a own child with the person he loved the most and always had.

 

After a while they talked to their doctor who was more than pleased. Part because he adored the young couple and part because they were the first ones he knew to try this new way of having a child. He supported them in any way he could, almost being as excited as they were. Ryeowook and Yesung promised to keep him updated. They saw him more as a friend than a doctor, since he had been there since the day they were born. To them he was a solid part of their lives, not only for health purposes, but when they had sorrow, too.

 

As said it took Ryeowook 3 years to get pregnant, but neither one wanted to give up, even if it would take forever. And now it finally worked out, making them bubble with joy and pure happiness as they drove home. Neither one saw the other car coming, driving by a drunk. The crash was so loud it almost ripped Yesung's ears apart. He heard the smash, the glass breaking and Ryeowooks panic and hurt screams. But he couldn't react to it, being paralyzed. All he was able to was screaming his husbands name as the car turned over and fell down the small hill. At that time everything went black.

 

In my dreams
I'll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There will always be a place
For you for all my life
I'll keep a part
Of you with me
And everywhere I am
There you'll be
And everywhere I am
There you'll be

 

How much time went by until Yesung woke up again he didn't know. He was lying outside of the car in the grass. A few moments passed until he remembered what happened. Immediately he screamed for Ryeowook but got no answer, just a small, painful groaning. The car was back on his wheels, all four doors open and every window shattered. “RYEOWOOK!” Even though every single part of his body hurt as hell, Yesung got up and crawled towards the car.

 

He discovered his husband still on the passenger seat. Ryeowook was in a very bad shape. There was blood everywhere and his eyes were closed. His arm was twisted in a way that was definitely not normal. “Wookie...!” Yesung was in a full fledged panic. He wanted to shake his partner but at the same time he was so scared of hurting him more. “WAKE UP!” Tears started pouring from his eyes. That wasn't happening. That couldn't be happening. They just found out they were going to be parents. Please... no. “Wake up...” He sobbed heavily. “Don't... don't leave me....” Yesung heard loud noises who came closer and he identified it as a siren from an ambulance and the police. But he didn't care.

 

All he wanted was Ryeowook to wake up and talk to him. “We are having a baby...” Yesung ranted weakly, almost not feeling his body anymore, just pain. “You can't die... I need you... the baby needs you.... please Wookie... wake up...!” More and more tears went down his face and he sobbed and then he started screaming as no sign of movement came from his husband. Yesung screamed and screamed. That couldn't be happening. That was just a nightmare. They were so happy, this didn't fit in. He screamed until the ambulance arrived and the EMTs pulled him away from the car. Weakly he tried to fight but his body didn't listen to him anymore and he just collapsed right there. Before his eyes closed and the darkness engulfed him, a small whisper left his lips. “Safe him. Please.” Then he lost consciousness.


Well you showed me
How it feels
To feel the sky
Within my reach
And I always
Will remember all
The strength you
Gave to me
Your love made me
Make it through
Oh, I owe so much to you
You were right there for me

 

 

They were both rushed to the hospital, getting into surgery right away. Since the drunk hit Ryeowooks side of the car, he was more hurt than Yesung. But they managed to stabilize him. Unfortunately he was in such a severe condition they had no choice but to put him in an artificial coma to save his and the baby’s life. Yesung had a few broken bones and concussions all over his body. He was not allowed to walk or move for a few weeks. The very moment he woke up he say his parents and his older sister sitting by his bed, everyone with red and puffy eyes.

 

First he was confused what was going on, then the event hit him and he tried to get up. Immediately he was held down by his family. “You can't go to him right now. You have to stay in your bed. Your body needs to rest.” His father said and tried to keep himself from crying again. “Ryeowook!” Yesung almost started screaming again. “Where is he? Where is my husband?!” His mother started crying again as his sister looked at him sadly. “No...” Yesung went white as the wall. “No please... he can't be dead... please...”

 

Jongjin shook her head. “He is not dead. They put him into a artificial coma. But no one can say when or if he will wake up again...” Her voice was almost so hushed that it was impossible to understand her. But Yesung did and his blood turned cold. “And... and the baby...?” he dared to ask. Artificial coma. That was really really bad. But it was better than death and maybe.... “The baby is fine.” said his mother, drying her tears with a tissue. “The accident didn't hurt it at all.” A small relief made Yesung nod. “Okay.” he whispered.

 

He would not let anything happen to Ryeowooks and his child. Knowing that there would always be a possibility that something bad could happen, Yesung and Ryeowook promised to each other that no matter what would be going on they would protect the child. Yesung knew that Ryeowook would want him to get the baby so when he was healed enough to get out of bed he went right away to Ryeowooks room to meet with their doctor. Ryeowook was connected to all kinds of machines who controlled his breathing, his heart and all other vital signs. “How is he?” Yesung still had to stay in a wheelchair, so he was only able to look into Ryeowooks perfect face.

 

The scratches were gone and left no scars. Softly he the petite hand of his lover. “Still the same.” The doctor sighed. “His body is healing and soon he will be fully ok again. But we don't know about his waking up. His brain was badly hit and maybe.... he could be brain dead. Of course we ran tests and they were negative. I don't want to be the carrier of bad news but you should consider the possibility that he might not wake up anymore.” Tears formed in Yesung's eyes as he listened. “I understand.” He said and tried to keep himself from sobbing. “I … I want you to keep him nursed. We are expecting a child and after all we went through trying to get pregnant Ryeowook wants me to give the child the chance of life it deserves.”

 

The doctor nodded. “We will need a few signatures, but don't worry I will do it so that you can rest. You need it.” Thankful Yesung nodded, too. “I will be released soon.” He said. “Just come to me when you get done with the paperwork.” And with that he kissed Ryeowooks cheek. “I will be back my love.” Yesung sighed slightly and then went back to his room.

 

'Cause I always saw in you
My light, my strength
And I want to thank you
Now for all the ways
You were right there for me
You were right there for me
For always

 

One week later his family took Yesung home. He flinched when he got home and realized there was no man waiting for him. No kisses, no hugs, no Ryeowook greeting him. Maybe never again.

 

The following time was hard for Yesung. Very hard. After 2 more months he went back to work. Even though his boss said he could take some more time off, but he didn't want to. Time off meant he had space to think and that would only pull him into severe depressions. In his free time he went to the hospital every day and stayed as long as he could.

 

If it wouldn’t have been to his and Ryeowooks family, he probably would have starved himself. But they always came over, brought him food or other necessary things. Yesung was so incredibly happy and thankful but he couldn't show it anymore. His smile was gone as well as Ryeowooks Consciousness. Month after month passed by and the only thing that changed was his husbands stomach. The baby was growing, thanks to the nursering.

 

Because it was tricky they ran tests every two weeks to make sure the young life was evolving the way it was supposed to. And it did. After nine months the doctors performed a C-section. Ryeowook gave birth to a healthy baby boy. The very moment Yesung held his son in his arms he knew that all the pain and depression and therapy he went through was worth it. “Hello Jino...” he whispered, looking at the small face of the sleeping baby. “Welcome to our world.”

 

It was harder than he thought. Raising a baby on his own Yesung almost got no life left for himself. He was so happy having his sister (with her son) supporting him. She advised what he should buy to wear, which milk powder and which diapers. For a few months she even moved in so she could settle him up with everything. Her husband slightly disapproved but knew it was necessary. When Jino turned 1 year Yesung was an expert in dealing with him. His boss was okay with him bringing his son every day.

 

Since Yesung was having a separate room to work so no one was bothered by the baby. And the (young) women were more than into Jino, always playing with him when the time allowed it. It made Yesung happy and more able to deal with Ryeowooks absence because of all the support he was receiving. Without it he surely would have not been able to do anything. His whole life wrapped around his son and work. For more there was no time. But he was ok with it, because when Jino smiled Yesung forgot all the bad thoughts.

 

Still there were times, especially when he laid alone in the huge bed, when he let his pain come back and then he drained the pillow with tears. As often as he could he visited Ryeowook together with Jino. The young child already started baby talk, his first word was “Appa”. The day he heard it Yesung had an emotional breakdown, calling his mother over to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. He knew he had to stay strong but it went harder and harder the longer Ryeowook was asleep. Yesung needed him back. His younger lover had always been there. Living without him was making it so hard to breathe.

 

“See your Umma?” Yesung picked Jino up and sat him besides Ryeowook. The small child looked curiously at the sleeping man. “Why sleep?” He questioned with big eyes and poked his Umma slightly. “Wake up.” Yesung felt tears sting in his eyes. “He is sick.” He explained to his son. “He needs to sleep until he is healthy again.” Jino pouted. “When healthy?” “I don't know.” Yesung bit his lip, slightly over Ryeowooks pale cheek. “I hope it will be soon.”

 

Jino nodded slightly. Even though he was only 1,5 years old, he realized that his father missed his mother more than anything and that he was sad because of the sleeping. “Wake up Umma. Appa miss you. I miss you.” He babbled and bent forward to kiss Ryeowooks cheek. Then he giggled slightly. “Umma warm.” Yesung felt a tear slide down his cheek. “I know Jino. He will come back to us. I am sure. He loves us very much.” Careful he wrapped his arms around his son and picked him from the bed. “Well we better get going, I am getting hungry. What about you?”

 

Jino nodded and smiled. “Yes, me hungry.” Yesung smiled back and picked the bag up. “We will be back.” He said to Ryeowook and kissed him on the lips. Then he turned around and walked towards the door. Jino looked back at his Umma, still curious about everything. His eyes widened as he saw something new. “APPA! APPA!” He screamed into Yesung's ear, making him jump and staring at his son. “What's going on Jino?!” Yesung exclaimed while his heart was beating very fast due to his fright. “Why are you screaming?!!” But Jino didn't care for his fathers shocked face. “LOOK!” He pointed towards his mother. Irritated Yesung spun around, looking at Ryeowook. Just in time to see a small twitch of the left hand and a small movement of the eyelids.

 

In my dreams
I'll always see you soar
Above the sky
In my heart
There will always be a place
For you for all my life
I'll keep a part
Of you with me
And everywhere I am
There you'll be
And everywhere I am
There you'll be
There you'll be

 

The End.

 

 

 

P.S. I hope you enjoyed it (even it was Mpreg) and I would really like a few comments :). If you request it, I will think about writing a sequel. But only if I get enough comments XD

 

Don't forget to comment ;D