Crystal Tears

He, She and Them

 

He’s had months to get over her.

Weeks to forget her face, the way she smelled, the softness of her dark umber hair.

Days of schedules and meetings, nights of drink and women.

 

Truthfully he hadn’t thought much of her at all.
Well mostly.

One night, despite all that, he found himself clicking over to a fellow tweet buddy. One whom, he knew, followed her on twitter. He, of course, couldn’t follow her himself.
There was too much risk involved with that.

When the page loaded, his eyes devoured what she’d written. Searching every word out for some hint of how she was really doing.
He stopped at the third one down and just read it over and over again. It was such a short sentence written in English, but he was drawn to it so.

It read simply; ‘I cry when it snows.’

For the life of him he didn’t understand why she would write such a thing, or why it was affecting him so much. But then again he was recovering from a night of hard drinking and endless false words of love from plastic women.
He sighed touching the screen for a moment in a need to reach out to her again.
But no, that was over and done with. There was no help for it now.

He finally closed the laptop and crawled into bed at nearly 1:00 am. He was tired but almost like clockwork, his mind raced back to how they had begun.

 

She had been waiting in a café nearby the venue where they were appearing, waiting for her friend to show.
He and the others had an hour or so before the fan meeting was to begin, so he’d shot over to the café for a coffee when she’d literally bumped into him.

Her friend had ditched her and she was leaving in an angry huff when she’d run into him just outside the entrance.

She apologized and was about to leave when she realized who it was she had plowed down. Yet she didn’t go crazy or fan girl all over him like most tend to do. She just shook his hand and told him she enjoyed their music.

She was eloquent and beautiful, and he didn’t see the harm in flirting with her. They struck up a conversation and soon it was time for him to go back. He’d asked her to call him at his hotel later and they could meet up.

After that weeks had passed and he found himself quite attached to her humor and kindness towards others. Yoochun and Junsu as well liked her being around, stating that she mellowed out his emotions so they could breathe easier. Not to mention she would cook for them and treat them like they were her children, often getting on to him for hitting them or something just as childish.

He had shrugged it off, not realizing just how much he was starting to like her.

Soon enough though, she had to go back to America. Her visa was expiring and she had to get back to her life there. On her last day he had flown into a temper and refused to see her off. When Yoochun and Junsu got back from the airport after sending her on her way back home, they refused to even speak to him for nearly a week. Even then all Junsu would say was that she couldn’t stop crying as she walked away.

He’d felt terrible, but there was nothing they could do about it now. Which is why he was laying in bed, alone, thinking of how he’d treated her at the end.

For weeks now the other two had been shooting him looks. Some of pity, others of frustration. It was to the point that he would blow up at them for seemingly nothing at all, but they all knew why. He had gone back to his old self.

Nothing he did totally erased her from his mind. He sighed deeply once more and turned over to go to sleep.

 

 

 Two days later there was a drastic drop in temperature as the winter winds blew in, overcastting the skies of Seoul in a dark grey.

Jaejoong huddled up as much as he could against the cold but the chill wouldn’t leave his body.
Junsu was sitting in the studio stretching, warming up for their dance practice when Jae came in bundled up and shivering.

“Oh it’s so cold out there!” He said stomping up and down for warmth.

 Junsu cut him a look and muttered “I’m surprised you can even feel it.”

Jae just let it go, knowing the younger male was still upset with him. Yoochun chose that moment to come in. He greeted his hyung and then sped over to Junsu whispering in his ear.

“Really!” Junsu said excitedly as Yoochun  waved his hands telling him to shut up.

They were up to something, Jae just knew it.

Hours later, with rehearsals done for the day, and everyone getting ready to go back to the apartment Jaejoong decided to check his twitter account again.

He was surprised to see a direct message from Yoochun waiting for him. (Seeing as they were just together not ten minutes ago).

It read; ‘Hyung you should check her page.’

Jae sighed and clicked over to it. His heart clenched when he read her words.

‘It’s snowing.’

That meant, she was crying right now, and he couldn’t do anything about it. It shocked him, how much those words hurt.

Suddenly he realized that she was thinking of him as well.

She’d told him once that he reminded her of a snowy evening. The snow made everything look pure and beautiful. The quiet peace that would settle around you as you watched it falling, glittering in the street light.

“It makes the world feel at peace for that one moment.” She’d said. “Just like when I’m with you.” 
That was just like he had felt with her as well.

 It was hard for him to swallow as he flipped his hand phone shut. He decided to just walk back to the apartment in order to clear his head.
Bundled up once more, he trudged out into a world of white.

He scoffed as a snowflake landed on his nose. “As if I didn’t have enough to remind me.” He muttered in a puff of visible breath. Deciding to forget the walk he hailed down a passing cab and lay back against the seat.

Arriving at his apartment complex, Jaejoong paid the fair and slowly walked to the front entrance. He sighed for the millionth time that day and turned around looking at the frozen world before him.

‘Now I feel like crying’ he thought.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” asked a voice from behind him. His breath caught as he felt his heart drop. “In the past I always wanted to cry when it snowed.”

Jaejoong turned around almost like a statue he was so tense. And there she was, standing not five feet from him.
Yoochun and Junsu stood at the front doors watching as their leader cried out in happiness and scooped up the woman they had secretly flown in from overseas, spinning her around in his joy, their laughter filling the air.

The two men smiled at each other before heading inside, leaving the newly reunited couple to their winter paradise.

 

The End