Final.

Forever Yours

Yo Seob cried as the casket was lowered down into the ground.

“Would anyone like to say any last words?” asked the pastor.

The deceased’s mother raised her hand and walked to the stage.

Yo Seob cried more when her mother said these words, “My daughter was a good girl. She was once this rebellious teen, but then she was introduced to Jesus Christ by her best friend- now boyfriend- Yo Seob. Yo Seob, thank you. Thank you for changing my daughter’s ways.”

After the funeral, everybody left, except Yo Seob. He touched the head stone. *Alex... Thank you. Thank you for making me know how much I was loved by my father. See you in heaven in a few years. I love you.* he thought.

The next day at school…

“Hey, Yo Seob. We’re sorry we couldn’t go to the funeral. We were really busy.” Apologized Alexander, Kevin and Eli.

Yo Seob smiled weakly. “It’s okay.”

“Are you okay? I know she meant a lot to you, since she was your girlfriend for 3 years.” Eli asked.

“I’m okay,” Yo Seob assured, “I know she’s in a better place now. I’ll see her soon.”

Alexander nodded, “Stay strong.”

Yo Seob smiled as the bell rang for 2nd period.

 

As the days passed, Yo Seob kept himself busy to avoid memories of his relationship with Alex.

One afternoon as he was walking home from school, he passed by a flower stand. He saw yellow roses, Alex’s favorite. So he bought those and went to the cemetery.

He sat down by Alex’s headstone and laid down the roses.

When he looked up at the sky, the memories started coming back, every smile, every tear.

“Alex,” he cried, “Why? Why didn’t you tell me you had brain cancer before it was too late? I could’ve brought you to a hospital for treatment…”

The wind blew by Yo Seob’s ear. It was whispering in his ear, the voice belonged to Alex. “I knew it was my time… I’m sorry.”

Tears rolled down Yo Seob’s  face.

He looked up into the heavens and prayed.

“Lord, take care of my girlfriend up there with you. I know she’ll be happier there with you.” Yo Seob prayed as he cried.

Then he stood up and left.

Months passed, and Yo Seob was starting to move on. But he never dated again; he even rejected the most popular girl, Eun Mi, when she asked him out.

One night, in the dorm room Yo Seob was sharing with Gi Kwang…

Yo Seob was reading a book about the Philippines when Gi Kwang walked in. “Yo Seob, I’m going to sleep over at my girlfriend’s house. She really needs me now because her mother left her and her father ran off. I’ll be back tomorrow.”

Yo Seob shrugged. “Okay.”

At around midnight, Yo Seob woke up to see Alex walking around the room. “A-a-Alex?” he stuttered. Alex nodded. “It’s me, Yo Seob.”

“What are you doing here?” Yo Seob asked. His eyes widened at her answer.

“I need you to move on.”

“I can’t do that!” argued Yo Seob, “You’re the only one for me! Not any other girl!”

Alex smiled. “I had a feeling you were going to say that. So I’m giving you a choice. Either move on, or come with me to heaven.” She reached her hand out to him. Yo Seob took it without any hesitation.

Alex Yo Seob’s right cheek as she kissed the left. She hugged him tightly. Yo Seob hugged her back. Just then, wings shot out from Alex’s back. Yo Seob was stunned. Alex grinned. She held his hand as she flew up with Yo Seob.

“I’m forever yours, forever and ever.” Alex told him as they entered the heavens.

It was all over the news that day. It was about Yo Seob mysteriously dying in his sleep. The people got even more curious when they saw Yo Seob on the bed, smiling.

What everyone didn’t know was that Yo Seob was taken into heaven by his lover’s arms, which is why he died with a peaceful smile.

He was now happy in heaven, now that he was with his one and only love.

“I’m forever yours, baby, forever and ever.”