Snarling Duck

Mission Impossible II

Hey guysss!!!! Sorry for the one week of unannounced break from updating Mission Impossible II!!!!! My computer has been repaired!!!!!! Thanks to all my wonderful subbies who didn't give up on me, and didn't unsubscribe, Saranghae!!! I hope you guys enjoy reading this update, and comment, tell me what you think/give me suggestions for the fanficcc <33333333

tumblr_m3kkugzbKC1ru51i5o1_500.jpg

 

 

Daehyun turned his attention towards the figure that groaned slightly on the ground, infront of him. At first, he'd thought the person ramming into him was one of his prey, and had gotten ready to defend himself against any other surprise attacks, that would have flung themselves his way, if the head-butting was indeed their doing.

None came.

So Daehyun waited two more heartbeats, before checking out the form on the floor, using his sense of sight this time, because his eyes were getting used to the gloom. He saw the familiar, tense body, huge eyes staring up at his face, frightened, uncertain. Youngjae?! Daehyun blinked once at the boy, a slow smile spreading across his face, relaxing it from the previous snarl. Here was Youngjae, somewhere Daehyun never wanted him to be, but Daehyun couldn't help that rush of joy, when he recognised his face. It was instinctive, it was natural. Sometimes (just sometimes), it was simply weird, and distracting.

Youngjae squeezed his eyes shut, afraid of the blow that might come down upon him. "Daehyun!" Youngjae whispered the name, flinging one arm out to defend himself, in case he really did pounce. His body tensed, when he felt strong hands siezing his shoulders, lifting him up, off the ground, and setting him back on his feet. He opened his eyes, to see Daehyun staring back at him, eyes friendly, mouth bordering on a smile.

Youngjae sighed, and relaxed. Daehyun had realised it was him. Once Youngjae had gotten over Daehyun's unexpected appearance, he realised just how fast his heart was pumping, as if it was trying to beat a way out of his ribcage. He put a hand over his chest. The shock of meeting Daehyun here, in the gloom of the basement, didn't seem to be doing any good for his health. Youngjae cast a disapproving look at Daehyun.

"Yah! Don't scare me like that. My heart...can't take it. What if I die of a heart attack?! How'd you answer to my fans then?!" Youngjae pointed a shaking, accusing finger under Daehyun's chin.

Daehyun smirked, and caught hold of Youngjae's quaking hand, and squeezed it a little.

"Don't worry. If you die, I'll inform everyone it was because you loved me to death. I'll take responsibility." Daehyun's eyes curved into half moons, as he watched Youngjae roll his eyes at the narcissistic response.

"But why're you here?" Daehyun's eyebrows rose an inch. "I mean, did you follow me here, or something?" Daehyun seriously hoped not. This was a dangerous place--somewhere Youngjae shouldn't be. If Daehyun had led Youngjae into danger, he knew he'd never forgive himself--nor would his group mates. Imagining Yongguk's expression, Daehyun swallowed, and started ushering Youngjae towards the door.

Youngjae leaned his weight towards Daehyun, as he tried to stop the boy pushing him out of the door. He had a mission to complete, for god's sake! Why would he have followed Daehyun here...

Sudden realisation struck Youngjae.

"What are you doing here?" Youngjae turned around to Daehyun, who was using both his hands to shove Youngjae out. Youngjae had a bad feeling about this.

Daehyun stopped pushing Youngjae to give him a what-the-hell look. Was Youngjae just acting daft, or had he bumped his head too hard just now?

"Because I'm a spy, you ninny." Daehyun continued pushing Youngjae. There was definitely something weird about Youngjae today.

"You're on a mission? Here? Now?" Youngjae's eyes got impossibly wide. Frowning to himself, he muttered.

"Those bastards." As angry as Youngjae was at his client, he couldn't bring himself to curse them loudly, as much as they deserved it. He realised what had happened now: they'd probably not trusted only one agency to do the job, and hired two, just in case one wasn't enough to get the job done. Only, the idiots hadn't informed either agencies about the supposed collaboration.

"Sorry?" Daehyun leaned forward to catch the word Youngjae had tried to swallow. Youngjae sighed, and repeated himself, struggling harder against Daehyun.

"Those bastards." Daehyun still didn't catch what Youngjae had said, so he changed the subject.

Daehyun recalled how shocked Youngjae had appeared, when he'd recognised Daehyun, and couldn't help sniggering a little. "You looked like a scared squirrel." Daehyun helpfully informed Youngjae, who hit his arm in response.

"Better than a snarling giraffe." Youngjae retorted, flicking his fringe to the side, crossing his arms.

"A snarling what?" Daehyun stopped pushing Youngjae for the second time that night, to stare at the boy incredulously.

 When their eyes met, Youngjae's face morphed into a mask of pure horror. Daehyun raised an eyebrow, as Youngjae's finger seemed to point at him.

"DUCK!" Youngjae screamed, and pulled an increasingly confused Daehyun down with him.

"...What?" Daehyun started, then fell silent, as a knife flashed dully in the darkness, past his head, missing them by a mere millimetres. Talking to Youngjae on this mission had been so out of place, he'd forgotten where they were, forgotten the danger. He still didn't know why the boy was here, but he knew this was not the time to question him. First, the mission. Then, he could press Youngjae for answers.

Shoving Youngjae out of the way, Daehyun rolled over, back into the chaos of the ambush, that had seemed to be waiting for them. Daehyun hadn't sensed anything when he'd first entered, (and it could have just been Daehyun's carelessness), but it didn't feel as if they'd been lying in wait for him. Had they been after Youngjae? Images of the slaves flashed through Daehyun's mind.

His eyes widened, even in combat, as some form of realisation struck Daehyun. Youngjae had probably just been caught as a slave--he'd probably been trying to escape, running around that wildly. Turning back to the prey, Daehyun wanted to roar, wanted to destroy them all. No one, no one messed with Youngjae, and got away with it--and got away from Daehyun.

Glancing over his shoulder, Daehyun threw a softer look at Youngjae, who was picking himself off the grimy floor. "Run. Quick." Daehyun hissed, urging, as if his voice could force Youngjae out of the door, out of the danger.

Youngjae shook his head, mouth pressed into a firm, thin line of pure stubborness. He had a mission to complete, and Daehyun of all people, would  understand what that meant to an agent.

"I have my methods. Don't worry about me." Youngjae walked backwards, fading into the gloom. He wanted to join in the brawl, so badly, but he knew it'd be of no use. He'd just be a distraction to Daehyun, who'd probably have to save him from too much harm. And as wonderfully fairytale-ishly fluffy that sounded, Youngjae knew it could mean death for both of them.

No, Youngjae would go off, and help behind the scenes. He'd be of greater assistance that way. He had the disk they needed now--he'd nicked it from the prey moments before he'd run into Daehyun. Youngjae would shut them down while Daehyun held them off.

He smiled a little at that. They seemed to make a perfect (makeshift) team. That made him think of his hyung, who was currently MIA. He smacked his forehead. Oh . He had to find his hyung first, before he did any analysis of the disk.

Daehyun watched as Youngjae disappeared in the dark, a small knowing smile playing on his lps, as he moved backwards, until the gloom swallowed him whole. Daehyun's eyes widened. Youngjae had walked in the opposite direction of the exit. Youngjae had refused to leave. Why?!

He's absolutely nuts. Daehyun's last thought, before someone behind him knocked him over the head with something hard, and a darkness even more complete than the surrounding gloom took over.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When Daehyun came to, the small room (barely larger than a closet) was dimly lit, one bulb swung crazily on wires, dangling from a once-white ceiling. In the shadows, just out of the reaches of the light, stood the two shadows--the prey that he'd fought just now.

"Where's Youngjae?" A voice sounded, close to his ear, hoarsely, desperately. Daehyun jumped, and turned. Lying next to him, similarly trussed up like christmas turkey, was a young man, probably around his age. From the looks of the bruises, he sported on his face, and how his hands were bound, the guy was probably not one of his prey. Daehyun tilted his head to one side for a while, considering the man.

Who was he?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note, lost one subbieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *goes to sob in a corner*