Final

Kiss In The Rain

Their date ended mostly on a high note, besides the first hour of pure awkwardness between the both of them at the start of their date, now hand-in-hand with one another as they walked along the weathered down concrete path of a nearby park. Jongin had picked Kyungsoo up from Kyungsoo’s house before walking quietly in an awkward silence, not that neither of them wanted to admit it, to a hole-in-the-wall cafe, knuckles brushing against each other, which made them blush and their hearts beat a little too fast for their liking.

One moment he was leaning in a little closer, as subtly as he could, stretching his pinky out far enough, trying to catch Kyungsoo’s pinky with it, hinting to him that he wants to hold his hand, only to receive wide eyes from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s cheeks turned a pretty shade of red, giggling behind the back of his palm, before carefully lacing his fingers between Jongin’s, causing Jongin to flush. The next moment they were seated and have ordered their individual meals, continuing to sit in silence, unaware of the staring competition they were having.

However, now might change the situation of things as starts to rain heavily. Jongin quickly removed his jacket, tugging Kyungsoo by the waist, pressing Kyungsoo’s body against his side before lifting his jacket over both of them with both of his hands, to shelter them from the sudden rain, running underneath a tree. "You okay?" he asks, once they're under a tree that was barely shading them from the rain.

"Mhmm." Kyungsoo replies, nodding his head slowly, reaching his hand up to tuck back a loose strand of hair, using his damp long sleeves to pat Jongin’s face dry, causing both of them to blush. "That was really sudden." Kyungsoo says to no one in particular, Jongin wasn't exactly listening, only watching Kyungsoo’s lips move as they form every syllable that slipped off his lips. Jongin wonders how they would feel like against his own as he continues to stare.

Kyungsoo continues to ramble about something, feeling Jongin’s gaze on him, touching his damp lips with his finger pads. "Do I have something on-" Kyungsoo tries to ask, letting out an inaudible gasp when Jongin's fingers curled around his wrist, making a part of Jongin’s makeshift jacket shelter droop on his head, leaning in to close the little space that was between them, pressing his lips against Kyungsoo’s.

Neither of them is particularly sure who let out the quiet sigh between them when their lips met, with their noses bumping against each other, teeth clashing slightly. Jongin’s fingers that was around Kyungsoo's wrist rearranged themselves at Kyungsoo's neck, practically pressing his body against Kyungsoo’s as their lips molded together. He could taste the tinge of rainwater, even the mixture of sugary and citrusy aftertaste that lingered in Kyungsoo’s mouth when he had that lemonade in the afternoon, making Jongin shudder at the thought.

They soon pulled away, looking into each other's eyes as their lungs filled themselves with oxygen, cheeks pink, while they try to will their racing hearts to slower pace. Jongin lets out a purposeful cough, snapping Kyungsoo's train of thoughts. "Um...I kinda...want to kiss you again." Jongin admits with glowing red cheeks, almost letting out a squeal when Kyungsoo does what he requests. Maybe it did end pretty good.

-End-