i was crazy about you

AfterLove II

 

 

"Why did you leave me?" Chaeeun whispered, her cheeks stained with tears. For her to believe I would ever leave her voluntarily was a mistake.

 

"I wanted to give you time to fix your marriage. You did choose to talk it out, remember?" I tried my best to remind her without having her feel anymore guilt. She nodded softly, crying to herself for reasons beyond me. We had discussed everything yet she continued to cry, asking me continuously if I was angry with her. I caressed her cheek gently pulling her closer to me.

 

"I had no clue you were looking for me, and if I did. I would have come back immediately. I love you, you know that." I brushed my lips against her own as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

 

"I'm sorry I left you." I whispered, wrapping my arms around her thin waist. It felt right like this. She had no idea the amount I had missed her.

 

"I'm sorry I even gave you a reason to."

 

 

"This whole thing needs to stop." She said before taking a sip of her red wine. I shrugged my shoulders and leaned back into my chair with a smile,

 

"I honestly have no clue what you are talking about Chaeeun." She rolling her eye in annoyance and pushed her long hair behind her ear, she was missing an earring. I narrowed my eyes and looked at her accusingly,

 

"Why have you been looking for Howon?" She looked up from her lap quickly then back down before closing her phone and putting it into her purse.

 

"Why do you even care is the real question. I heard you're engaged now." She smiled; her voice was sincere though I could tell this was a plot to change the topic from Howon.

 

"Are you jealous?" I pressed without shame, she laughed out loud as if it were the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard before shaking her head.

 

"Heavens no, there isn't anything to be jealous about." She took a bite of her steak. For a slight moment she held the end of the fork in with a smile, as if she was in thought or having a secret joke with herself then took it out and pushed around her food.

 

"Are you hinting that you need a reminder?" I smirked as I leaned forward, slightly eyeing her more than I morally should have.

 

"Can you please contain your need for ual innuendos?" Her voice was stern and serious. It only made things more interesting. I cleared my throat, sat upright and straightened my tie.

 

"Only if you tell me why you wanted to speak with Howon." She frowned and played with her food before looking up to me with annoyance,

 

"You can honestly be such a child." I grinned and took a bite of my food before motioning her to go on; she sighed and looked down to her watch just as her phone began to ring. She glanced at the caller ID and stood to her feet

 

"Excuse me, I have to take this."

 

I considered ways then to extend our meeting when she returned with a smile, her mood obviously improved. She sat down and placed her phone onto the table before taking another sip of wine.

 

"Was that Haerin?" I asked curiously, tapping my hand against the table. Her face twisted as if confused,

 

"Why would it be Haerin?" I shrugged my shoulders before quickly snatching her phone. She frowned and extended her hand

 

"Give it back." Her words were coarse and demanding. Not one fragment of the old Chaeeun remained there.

 

"Who were you talking to then? Should I call back and figure out?" I smirked and began to open her cellphone,

 

"It was Howon." She stated with a sigh, I automatically frowned as his name hit my ears. She grabbed the phone back quickly and sat in her seat.

 

"Why were you talking to him?" I demanded as she tucked her phone safely into her purse once more. She raised a brow and finished her wine,

 

"Last time I checked I'm allowed to speak with whomever I please." Her look was cold and offended; though I'm sure mine was completely worse.

 

"I don't like him." I stated bleakly pulling out money to pay for the bill; she shook her head in disagreement.

 

"How do you not like your own friend?" She questioned in disbelief, as she moved about in her seat her perfume became more fragrant and slightly calmed me down.

 

"That's beside the fact." I stated slowly, taking a sip of my rum and coke. I could tell she was bothered with my behaviour as she reached for her wallet,

 

"I can pay for myself"

 

"It's my money anyway." I finished my last drink in a mouthful as she watched me with narrowed eyes,

 

"Did you just slur?" She questioned quietly, leaning over to check my scent. I shook my head and stood to my feet, trying to keep my balance. I did feel slightly light headed, though I questioned her as if she were ridiculous.

 

"You don't have the best track record of being able to hold your drink." She reminded coldly, I didn't need to ask her of what event was she basing this off of and decided to remain silent. We walked to the parking lot, though my steps weren't as quick as hers, nor as coordinated or balanced.

 

"You can't drive." She stated with nuisance, she reached into her bag to retrieve her phone.

 

"I'm fine, I'm a little buzzed so what!" She walked away from me to make her call, her voice was quick and I was unable to keep up. Seconds later she returned and grabbed my keys out of my hand.

 

"Sit in your car and wait. Someone will be here soon." She opened her car door as I stood there dumbfounded.

 

"You're joking me right? You're going to leave me here?!"

 

"Someone will be here soon. I have to go." She repeated as she got into her car,

 

"You're going to see him aren't you?" I yelled holding her door so she couldn't close it. She looked up to me and I was unable to read her face.

 

"Just shut up and sit in your car, do you really want to draw attention to yourself? The last thing you need is another scandal. I'll call you later to see if you made it home alright." I let go of the door and let her close it so she could be on her way. I laid in my car restlessly waiting, the only thing in my mind was that she didn't say she wasn't going to see him.

 

I analyzed the situation from hundreds of different angles in my mind, each convinced me I wouldn't have to worry and my jealously wasn't necessary. Though my chest ached at the very thought of her even being in the same room as him.

 

I ed her shirt slowly as she ran her fingers through my hair, whispering how much she had missed me. She closed her eyes, letting her long eyelashes brush against her reddened cheeks. Her soft lips brushed against my own carelessly and I knew at the very moment, I would do anything to make her happy.

 

She never did call that night and for a moment I couldn't help but think that I made her feel something like this at one point in time.

 

The next morning I awoke to the doorbell and a throbbing headache. I rubbed my eyes and sat up slowly as Soojin opened the door, revealing Dongwoo on the other side. Dongwoo ignored her presences and walked past her into the living room where I laid on the couch sluggishly, still clad in last night's attire.

 

"Good morning to you." He with a smile as he sat down next to me, I nodded slowly and tilted my head back with a yawn

 

"I heard about what happened last night." He said calmly, I shot a look to Soojin who was standing quietly in the doorway, signalling her to go away which she did quickly. Dongwoo noticed this and shook his head,

 

"Still up to your same old tricks? Why exactly have you been snooping around Chaeeun again?" He asked sceptically, lowering his voice as he spoke.

 

"I haven't done anything of the sort, we had dinner." Dongwoo took a deep breath if to control himself, I hadn't forgot what he had said after the divorce and it slowly began to rip apart in my memory.

 

"Why don't you just forget her? You let her go once, what makes it so hard this time?" His voice was hushed yet still held all meaning dearly. His discreetness was only a favour to me. One I had not deserved at all, especially from him.

 

"I love her." I confessed tiredly, watching as he then stood to his feet obviously fed up with the conversation,

 

"You shouldn't have left her then." His back turned and the only thing that stopped him, fully in his tracks was my sharp promise,

 

"Well, I won't make that mistake again."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________
AUTHORS NOTE:

so late like always :/ i'm a very slow updater..

i'm finished my hell of a semester though ! next semester i will only have 4 courses instead of 8 :)

 

in the italics and in times new roman font is Howon's point of view

this chapter is a little different.

just so you guys could get a glimpse from where he is coming from. 

haha hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

thanks so much for the comments.